3$1,500,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Demidov, Ivan
3$950,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Ehlers, Nikolaj
Additional Details:
Jets want to keep Toffoli over Ehlers. They get some defensive depth, wich they desperately need, and some picks to go after a top 4 RD.
WPG
  1. Kovacevic, Johnathan
  2. Struble, Jayden
  3. Ylönen, Jesse [RFA Rights]
  4. 2024 1st round pick (WPG)
  5. 2024 2nd round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
Habs use some of their assets to get a top 6 winger who has experience. Ehlers signs a sub 7,5m extension.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$87,700,000$77,154,583$1,022,500$4,670,000$10,545,417
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$835,000$835,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
G
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LD
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
RFA
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
RFA
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 18 at 12:11 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Too small. Disappear in playoffs. 1 year to UFA. Pass.
May 18 at 12:13 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
Quoting: jpsnow13
Too small. Disappear in playoffs. 1 year to UFA. Pass.

6 feet tall. Panarin was also invisble. Sign extension. Has the experience we lack
May 18 at 12:26 p.m.
Nowhere choose to getting Ehlers. A late 1st and some very low end throw away/waiver pieces do nothing for Winnipeg.
TeddyLovesTheJets and Syrn liked this.
May 18 at 12:30 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
Quoting: Windjammer
Nowhere choose to getting Ehlers. A late 1st and some throw away/waiver pieces do nothing for Winnipeg.

Look at comparable trades. The most recent one is the Hertl trade. A first and a good prospect is more than enough. I offered more than that
Shanesaw9 liked this.
May 18 at 12:41 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: GuyGuyGuy
6 feet tall. Panarin was also invisble. Sign extension. Has the experience we lack

Only 172 pounds. Panarin has always been way more productive than Ehlers. Also he didn't cost any assets back. 4 goals in 37 playoffs games isn't "experience" I wan't on my team.
May 18 at 12:49 p.m.
Habs 2010
What if instead of trading for Ehlers so the Jets can sign Toffoli we just sign Toffoli instead?
May 18 at 12:58 p.m.
Look at comparable trades. The most recent one is the Hertl trade. A first and a good prospect is more than enough. I offered more than that

You offered a first and garbage. Even you know that, which is why you offered 4 pieces of garbage, to try and hide that fact with quantity.

None of the players fill a need for Winnipeg and Kovacevic and Strudel will be available on waivers next season. While Ylonen is a dime a dozen 4th liner.

Plain and simple, it will need to be a hockey trade if Ehlers is moved. It's not a video game, where you just keep adding crap until you reach the preset value. You'd need to offer a good piece and more depending on the quality of the piece.
Syrn liked this.
May 18 at 1:00 p.m.
Everybody Loves WPG
Jets don’t want futures
May 18 at 7:51 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
Only 172 pounds. Panarin has always been way more productive than Ehlers. Also he didn't cost any assets back. 4 goals in 37 playoffs games isn't "experience" I wan't on my team.

He is tall enough to compensate. You might not want him but he would help our top 6 a lot
May 18 at 7:52 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
Quoting: Shanesaw9
What if instead of trading for Ehlers so the Jets can sign Toffoli we just sign Toffoli instead?

Because Toffoli will ask for more than 7m long term
May 18 at 7:56 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
You offered a first and garbage. Even you know that, which is why you offered 4 pieces of garbage, to try and hide that fact with quantity.

None of the players fill a need for Winnipeg and Kovacevic and Strudel will be available on waivers next season. While Ylonen is a dime a dozen 4th liner.

Plain and simple, it will need to be a hockey trade if Ehlers is moved. It's not a video game, where you just keep adding crap until you reach the preset value. You'd need to offer a good piece and more depending on the quality of the piece.

Ah yes, waiver exempt Struble will be on waiver, classic Windjammer, not knowing anything lol. It’s more than enough for Ehlers lol. Struble and the first is enough but I added a second, a bottom pairing RD (who is 6’5 and fill exactly Winnipeg’s need) and a project (who I admit it, is kinda a throw-in)
May 18 at 7:57 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
Quoting: TeddyLovesTheJets
Jets don’t want futures

Jets are flipping those assets for a top 4 RD, read the description.
May 18 at 7:58 p.m.
You know nothing JS

Wtf dude.
Shanesaw9 liked this.
May 18 at 8:00 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
Wtf dude.

He has every right to do it. 70 points last year and multiple 30 goals season. There will be a bidding war
May 18 at 8:07 p.m.
Edited May 18 at 8:20 p.m.
Ah yes, waiver exempt Struble will be on waiver, classic Windjammer, not knowing anything lol. It’s more than enough for Ehlers lol. Struble and the first is enough but I added a second, a bottom pairing RD (who is 6’5 and fill exactly Winnipeg’s need) and a project (who I admit it, is kinda a throw-in)

Ah yes, classic guyguyguy, "this package of garbage is more than enough for a top 6 player because I say so. I doesn't matter that the players are useless for Winnipeg and at best project to be 7/8 D or 12/13 forwards or that you can easily get better and more suitable players elsewhere"

Just absolutely clueless on how real trades actually work.

Is this like how you said Montreal was going to get PLD for this same pile of garbage?
May 18 at 9:52 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
Ah yes, classic guyguyguy, "this package of garbage is more than enough for a top 6 player because I say so. I doesn't matter that the players are useless for Winnipeg and at best project to be 7/8 D or 12/13 forwards or that you can easily get better and more suitable players elsewhere"

Just absolutely clueless on how real trades actually work.

Is this like how you said Montreal was going to get PLD for this same pile of garbage?

No, I use trade comparisons to elaborate my packages. You just criticize everything you see that doesn’t involve Winnipeg getting Connor McDavid for Laurent Brossoit.

I’m sure that if the roles were reversed and Winnipeg had Struble and montreal had Ehlers, you would say that he is garbage and not worth even the greatnest that is YOUR Struble, who made the nhl in his first pro season and has been the best prospect Winnipeg ever had since Dale Hawerchuck. Am I right?

If Gms don’t based their player value on trades involving similar players, then how the f*ck do you think trades works lol
May 18 at 10:07 p.m.
No, I use trade comparisons to elaborate my packages. You just criticize everything you see that doesn’t involve Winnipeg getting Connor McDavid for Laurent Brossoit.

I’m sure that if the roles were reversed and Winnipeg had Struble and montreal had Ehlers, you would say that he is garbage and not worth even the greatnest that is YOUR Struble, who made the nhl in his first pro season and has been the best prospect Winnipeg ever had since Dale Hawerchuck. Am I right?

If Gms don’t based their player value on trades involving similar players, then how the f*ck do you think trades works lol

Give me a comparison then of a team trading a top 6 winger, that they don't have to trade for a 1st and waiver/bottom of the lineup filler.

The Montreal players are what they are.

Kovacevic - waiver claim - worth a 3rd max, but likely no more than a 4th.

Ylonen - unimpressive 4th line 13/14 forward that provides no offense. Every team has at least 3 or 4 of those guys. 0 value.

Strudel - an LHD that Winnipeg has absolutely no need for that looks to top out as a 6/7. Again Every team has 3 or 4. 0 value.
May 19 at 9:28 a.m.
Berkly goat Catton
Give me a comparison then of a team trading a top 6 winger, that they don't have to trade for a 1st and waiver/bottom of the lineup filler.

The Montreal players are what they are.

Kovacevic - waiver claim - worth a 3rd max, but likely no more than a 4th.

Ylonen - unimpressive 4th line 13/14 forward that provides no offense. Every team has at least 3 or 4 of those guys. 0 value.

Strudel - an LHD that Winnipeg has absolutely no need for that looks to top out as a 6/7. Again Every team has 3 or 4. 0 value.

Sure, here are some recent comparison :
Hertl and 2 thirds for a first and David Edstrom (7 year retention on Hertl)

Guentzel for a second, Bunting and some prospects

Toffoli for a second and a third

Debrincat for a first, Kubalik and Sebrango

Toffoli for Sharangovich and a third

Bertuzzi for a first and a fourth

I offered more than all of those even if they are all better players.

Ylonen is pretty worthless but still 24 with top 9 potential. I added him because I believe that in every offseason trade there needs to be a position for position swap

Kovacevic is a big RD who can play pretty much everywhere in the lineup. He is worth at least a third

Struble is a 22 years old who made the nhl in his first pro season and looked really solid in the league. He is a #5 and could very well be a middle pairing d one day. He is worth a second
May 19 at 11:21 a.m.
Habs 2010

He has every right to do it. 70 points last year and multiple 30 goals season. There will be a bidding war

You realize he was just traded for a 2nd and 3rd round pick right? That's an indication of what the league thinks his value is, it's not gonna be more than $7M.
May 19 at 11:38 a.m.
Berkly goat Catton
Quoting: Shanesaw9
You realize he was just traded for a 2nd and 3rd round pick right? That's an indication of what the league thinks his value is, it's not gonna be more than $7M.

FA are usually getting paid a ton. Klinberg got 4m after being traded for a fourth
May 19 at 12:02 p.m.
Habs 2010
Edited May 19 at 10:11 p.m.
FA are usually getting paid a ton. Klinberg got 4m after being traded for a fourth

That's not a good example to use as a comparison. Aside from playing different positions Klingberg only got a 4th because he was having a terrible season with a cap hit of $7M (ANA had to retain 50% just to move him). And as it turns out that $4M contract was not a very good one for Toronto either.

You could use Domi (traded for a 2nd and signed for $3M) or Bertuzzi (traded for a conditional 1st and 4th, only got $5.5M). My guess is Toffoli signs somewhere in the range of $5M - $6M for 4 or 5 years.

Honest question, if you think Toffoli goes for a 2nd and 3rd at 50% retained and he is worth more than $7M... then why would you think Ehlers, who you are offering essentially 3 1st round picks for in this proposal, is going to extend for less than $7.5M? I don't see the logic in that.

Edit: I got mixed up with another post that had Xhekaj and 2 firsts for Necas. But still this is a 1st, 2nd, and 3 depth players so the comparison to Toffoli still stands.
May 19 at 12:05 p.m.
Sure, here are some recent comparison :
Hertl and 2 thirds for a first and David Edstrom (7 year retention on Hertl)

Guentzel for a second, Bunting and some prospects

Toffoli for a second and a third

Debrincat for a first, Kubalik and Sebrango

Toffoli for Sharangovich and a third

Bertuzzi for a first and a fourth

I offered more than all of those even if they are all better players.

Ylonen is pretty worthless but still 24 with top 9 potential. I added him because I believe that in every offseason trade there needs to be a position for position swap

Kovacevic is a big RD who can play pretty much everywhere in the lineup. He is worth at least a third

Struble is a 22 years old who made the nhl in his first pro season and looked really solid in the league. He is a #5 and could very well be a middle pairing d one day. He is worth a second

All your examples are for worse players (Bertuzzi) for rentals or for players in distressed situations, requested trades, won't extend, had a bad long term extension), none of which apply to Ehlers. With Ehlers you're trading for a player the Jets don't have to trade and competing against teams where he will extend.

While you have a high opinion of the cast offs you're offering, you have to realize that players that can't consistently crack the roster of an awful team with no depth aren't desirable pieces for good teams. Especially when none fill a need for the team you're trying to dump them on.

So, that brings us back to the original point. You yourself know it's awful value because you offered 5 pieces. If you truly believed any of the pieces were as valuable as you're saying, you wouldn't be offering 5 pieces.

Easy no for Winnipeg.
May 19 at 12:39 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
All your examples are for worse players (Bertuzzi) for rentals or for players in distressed situations, requested trades, won't extend, had a bad long term extension), none of which apply to Ehlers. With Ehlers you're trading for a player the Jets don't have to trade and competing against teams where he will extend.

While you have a high opinion of the cast offs you're offering, you have to realize that players that can't consistently crack the roster of an awful team with no depth aren't desirable pieces for good teams. Especially when none fill a need for the team you're trying to dump them on.

So, that brings us back to the original point. You yourself know it's awful value because you offered 5 pieces. If you truly believed any of the pieces were as valuable as you're saying, you wouldn't be offering 5 pieces.

Easy no for Winnipeg.

Ah yes, as if Ehlers wasn’t a rental. Most players up here are in the exact same situation than Ehlers lol. Those comparisons are pretty good. I dare you to find a better one…

Struble litterally cracked the roster on his first pro season lol. Do some research

I purposely overpaid on this trade to avoid having arguments like this one. Guess nothing satisfy you lol…
May 19 at 1:40 p.m.
Ah yes, as if Ehlers wasn’t a rental. Most players up here are in the exact same situation than Ehlers lol. Those comparisons are pretty good. I dare you to find a better one…

Struble litterally cracked the roster on his first pro season lol. Do some research

I purposely overpaid on this trade to avoid having arguments like this one. Guess nothing satisfy you lol…

This is the same low quality package you personally offered for PLD last year and did PLD end up being traded for a worthless package? No he didn't. He was traded for a quality piece and players that filled needs.

This offer lacks both, no quality and no players that fill needs for Winnipeg.
May 19 at 5:01 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
This is the same low quality package you personally offered for PLD last year and did PLD end up being traded for a worthless package? No he didn't. He was traded for a quality piece and players that filled needs.

This offer lacks both, no quality and no players that fill needs for Winnipeg.

Ah yes, the PLD package I didn’t offer. I was against trading for PLD because he is a bad player. Turns out I was right lol.

I used trade comparison to make this package, use a trade comparison to prove me wrong

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll