SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Post Lottery Mock

Post Lottery Mock

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: NorthernLeafsFan05
Published: May 12 at 10:48 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Consensus 1st overall pick. Not much to say that hasn't already been said
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Demidov is an excellent player, and adding him to Bedard would set the stage for a Hawks Dynasty a few years down the line.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-This is the defenseman the Ducks need. He and Mintyukov would form one of the leagues best pairings for a very long time. Seems like a Verbeek guy and is definitely the best player available at 3.
4Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-He and Fantilli would be so good together. They have to take him here, especially considering their depth at defense
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Catton is going to be a very good center at the NHL level, which is something the Habs dearly need. He would be an excellent addition to their already loaded prospect pool
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Parekh NEEDS to be a Senator. He would completely change the dynamic and outlook of that blue line. Shoots right, is absolutely ELITE offensively, and would form a terrifying pairing with Sanderson.
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Dickinson is a talent worthy of being selected higher than 8th. He would be fantastic value at this stage and would give Seattle their future number 1. He eats minutes like nothing, is a threat at both ends of the ice, and is a great leader.
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-Just look at his last name. This needs to happen, plus he is a legit talent worthy of being picked at this point
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Yakemchuk seems to be the favorite on Capfriendly, but I think Helenius would be a slam dunk pickup for the Devils. Such a great player
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Its a real shame Buffalo will have to pick ANOTHER defenseman when their young defensive group is already so stacked. I would try to trade back, but I also wouldn't mind adding Yakemchuk to that group
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Zeev at anything outside of the top 8 will be one of the drafts biggest steals. Just seems like a Briere kinda guy, and would immediately solidify their young defensive group for the foreseeable future. Drysdale, York, Buium, and Andrae will be one of the leagues most dynamic defensive groups. Buium is the real deal
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Speaking of massive steals, I think Eiserman to Minnesota makes a lot of sense. He has an NHL quality shot that essentially guarantees he will be a somewhat productive scorer at least. Worst case scenario, you're getting a Ross Colton. Best case scenario, you are adding Cole Caufield. Seems like a surefire selection, and I think he's more likely to boom than to bust
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsIts a shame Pittsburgh didn't get to keep their pick, Greentree would fit in beautifully there. I think he is a prototypical Grier guy, and would be a fantastic addition to their prospect pool. FIts the identity they are seemingly shooting for
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-MBN is one of the most under appreciated prospects in this draft. This kid is so good. If Im being honest, my fingers are crossed he drops to my Leafs at 23. He's a stud at both ends of the ice and just does so much so well. Seems like a perfect Yzerman selection. Doesnt that Red Wings logo just look right next to his name?
16Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Im a big Boisvert fan. I think he'd be a great long term 2C for the Blues, and his playstyle seems conducive to Blues hockey. Really like this fit
17Logo of the Washington Capitals-IDK what it is, but Connelly just seems like the perfect Capital. He and Ryan Leonard would mesh so well. Such a talented driver of play.
18Logo of the New York Islanders-Parascak reminds me so much of Tyler Toffoli. Not a great skater, but an extremely talented scorer who gets into the right spots and makes the most of his opportunity. Seems like a great fit
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Ritchie has so much potential to be a real threat in the NHL. He would be such a great pickup for the Knights, and is bound to have a huge breakout DY1 season. Should raise his trade value significantly since we all know what happens with Knights first rounders.
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningIf the Blackhawks are smart, they will take Kiviharju. In my eyes, he is the third most offensively talented defenseman in this draft (only behind Buium and Parekh) while also being no slouch defensively. He skates SO well and has an IQ that is off the charts. He and Korchinski would anchor that blue line for years. This kid would be a top 10 pick if he didnt get injured, I envy the team that walks away with Kivi
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Hage is another prospect that I just absolutely adore. Just a talented, driven, and speedy center. Reminds me a bit of Barzal. I know the Kings are pretty deep at center, but Byfield has found new life at the wing and Kopitar can't play forever. I think LA would be smart to pick up Hage.
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-Basha seems like the exact kind of player Trotz seems to prioritize. He's so tenacious, so fast, and so relentless on the puck. Smaller frame but that doesnt hinder his play at all. Getting him in the 20s will be something that we look back at while scratching our heads
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Its not often that a prospect falls into your lap and checks every box. Elick not only fills a void in the Leafs prospect pool, but also fills a void that has long plagued the Leafs. He is a big, mean, defensive RHD that clears the net front at an elite level. He is literally the perfect Leaf. Eats minutes like nothing and will make the NHL off of his grit alone. Seems like the kind of guy the Leafs have longed for. Has the potential to be the best fit of the 1st round.
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersHemming just seems like a Verbeek kind of guy. Works hard in the corners, has a great shot, and is a pretty big boy. Reminds me a bit of Vatrano. I like the fit here a lot.
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Masse just does everything so well. Solid playmaker, great shooter, works hard in the corners, doesnt take shortcuts defensively. Hes a super versatile player and certainly worthy of getting picked up at this point.
26Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston BruinsChernyshov is a guy who has grown on me a lot and will probably get selected higher than this, but I think this is the stage of the draft where he belongs to be picked. Hes a big bodied offensive threat whose defensive play has some intriguing upside. Good shooter, good passer, good transition guy. Seems like a player who will almost certainly be an NHL player.
27Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsI mean come on. This just writes itself. Similar player to his brother. He deserves to be selected higher, but teams will make the same mistake twice and pass on him because he is 5'10. The Hutson bros anchoring a blue line for years to come is a scary thought.
28Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Sennecke is one of those guys that you watch and your jaw winds up on the floor. He's a big boy with great skating mechanics and a shot to match. Could bulk up a bit, but this kid is going to be the real deal in the league. I have been so impressed with Sennecke, he will wind up being one of the biggest steals in the first round. So, so, so good. Seems like a Canes type of guy. Wouldn't be shocked to see him go higher.
29Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver CanucksIm torn on Jiricek. He doesn't have the offensive upside of his brother, but he has such a high IQ and is by all accounts very solid defensively. There is some questionable decision making in his game, like his shooting tenancies, but there are no major issues that cant be worked out. I could see him falling to the later stages of the first and being a good pickup. Flames could certainly use some more defensive prospects.
30Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida PanthersMews is a guy that I am a very big fan of. Such an elite passer from the blue line. There are certainly parts of his game that need improvement, but he will be a project that will pay off big time.
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-Stiga is such a fantastic prospect and honestly doesnt get enough respect heading into the draft. He is such an elite competitor and does not give up easily. Seeing the results he has put up in the NTDP and the USHL is astounding, especially when you consider exactly how he produces. Keeps it simple and chases down pucks. He reminds me a LOT of Logan Stankoven. Smaller guy (which is why he will be picked up in the later half of the first round at best), but he is an absolute DAWG. If this kid falls to the second round, which seems likely, he is going to be one of the best picks in the draft. One of the biggest steals in recent memory. Remember the name come draft night, and revel in it if your team is the one to pick him. No doubt in my mind he will be a productive NHLer and a fan favourite.
32Logo of the New York Rangers-Dean Letourneau played in a bit of a weaker league, but his numbers cannot be ignored. His shot is incredible and he is a natural center. Oh, and he is 6'6.
May 12 at 11:09 p.m.
Sabres fan
Solid analysis. As much as I would prefer the Sabres select Eiserman, Yakemchuk would solidify the D corps for the next decade. So it’s not a bad plan either. Of course, most Sabres fans want them to trade the pick for an impact player right now. But it’s not like everyone is bending over backwards to offer one.
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
May 12 at 11:14 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Tjm220
Solid analysis. As much as I would prefer the Sabres select Eiserman, Yakemchuk would solidify the D corps for the next decade. So it’s not a bad plan either. Of course, most Sabres fans want them to trade the pick for an impact player right now. But it’s not like everyone is bending over backwards to offer one.

Could definitely see Eiserman winding up in Buffalo, that's actually something I heavily debated while writing this up. Yakemchuk just seems like a perfect compliment to their core of guys right now though
Tjm220 liked this.
May 13 at 9:33 a.m.
Flyers
I dont see Flyers drafting 2 defensemen in first round.

Eiserman and Mews would be ideal in this scenario.
May 13 at 11:20 a.m.
One of the more well-thought out mocks I've seen, so good job.

I think you nailed it with the Sharks pick at #14, I'm a little bit lower on Greentree and would personally take MBN instead but you're right on the money in regards to him being a Grier type of player.

However, if Buium or Yakemchuck is still on the board by pick #11 I see the Sharks pressing HARD to move up. Do you think either Buffalo or Philly would take something like #14 + Guschin or pick #14 + #42?
May 13 at 12:03 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Emil_Ismo
One of the more well-thought out mocks I've seen, so good job.

I think you nailed it with the Sharks pick at #14, I'm a little bit lower on Greentree and would personally take MBN instead but you're right on the money in regards to him being a Grier type of player.

However, if Buium or Yakemchuck is still on the board by pick #11 I see the Sharks pressing HARD to move up. Do you think either Buffalo or Philly would take something like #14 + Guschin or pick #14 + #42?

I would imagine Buffalo would like to trade back in this draft. Their defensive group is already loaded, so picking up some extra value to select a forward makes a lot of sense to me.

Buium to San Jose would be such a great fit
May 13 at 1:58 p.m.
free ville
Your analysis on Stiga is correct, but he is in my opinion a top 10 player in this draft. Though I don't see the Stankoven comp, he's more Eklund if anything. Unreal defensively and finds the open area offensively. And the best skater in the draft. Stankoven normally tends to squeeze by defenders whereas Stiga doesn't.
May 13 at 2:49 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Z0ra
Your analysis on Stiga is correct, but he is in my opinion a top 10 player in this draft. Though I don't see the Stankoven comp, he's more Eklund if anything. Unreal defensively and finds the open area offensively. And the best skater in the draft. Stankoven normally tends to squeeze by defenders whereas Stiga doesn't.

I agree about him being a top 10 talent. People don't understand how good Stiga is. The Stankoven comp is more to do with his excellent motor and tenacity despite his misleading smaller frame. Doesn't really have a shot like Stankoven does.

Regardless, the team that walks away with Stiga is going to be VERY happy. It's a little scary that his draft team will likely be an already competitive team

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll