SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Updated 1st round rankings

Updated 1st round rankings

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Caufield
Published: May 8 at 4:34 p.m.
Description
This doesn't follow the monthly rankings I make, but I feel like I should through in a new ranking for how much has changed with the WJC 18 and the CHL playoffs. Expect changes for the June ranking with the WC starting soon!
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-IMO, he's starting to become a lock for 2, not just at the draft, but also going into his own tier, separate from Lev and Dickinson
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
4Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Very high on him, love the 2-way part of his defense, but also the flexibility he can bring at the NHL level.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Very good WHL playoffs, great WJs. What I loved is he played his best WJ game in the finals, against the US. This is a guy that wins, and also has top-line talent
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Very polarizing, jumps around every rankings I make
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-Massive riser, probably due to the fact that I recently scouted him. I love his offense play, and his tool set is simply elite. If he puts it all together at the NHL level, he'll be one of the best players of the draft.
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Point generator, but there isn't something extra about him
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Ridiculous playoffs, definitely a good sign. Ever since the WJ u20, he's been very good
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsHe's high on people's lists mostly due to his position. Position aside, he shouldn't go in the top 10, there is too many flaws imo. The difference between him and Parekh is the offensive ceiling, Parekh's is another tier above him
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Another big riser. He was one of the more impressive players for USA. Only reason he tends to be low in people's rankings is lack of scouting and size.
16Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Dislike his "culture", doesn't really seem to have the character of a guy who will beat the odds for such big flaws he has. If he wants to hit his ceiling, he'll need to have the charater for that.
17Logo of the Washington Capitals-The hit in the finals did honestly affect his rankings a little. A player cannot be so undisciplined in that type of scenario. He cost the US gold because he wasn't cautious, and that raises eyebrows.
18Logo of the New York Islanders-
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Wasn't even in the top 50 of my last rankings, so great to see him here. He does look very good, and may have the chance to rise even more.
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
26Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston Bruins
27Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
28Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
29Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
30Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida Panthers
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-Finally gets back in the 1st round. I thought he was pretty solid in the WJs, so it does help out his case, noting he has a ton of potential
32Logo of the New York Rangers-
May 8 at 8:24 p.m.
I am old enough to remember when another Cole out of NTDP had concerns about his size, compete level (although maybe not his “charater”). Or when another big goal scoring “34” was called lazy and overhyped.
May 8 at 9:11 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I am old enough to remember when another Cole out of NTDP had concerns about his size, compete level (although maybe not his “charater”). Or when another big goal scoring “34” was called lazy and overhyped.

Both Cole #1 and 34 didn’t have hockey problems, just 1 factor. Eiserman got a bunch of hockey flaws (especially skating), but also the bad character
May 8 at 9:26 p.m.
Quoting: Caufield
Both Cole #1 and 34 didn’t have hockey problems, just 1 factor. Eiserman got a bunch of hockey flaws (especially skating), but also the bad character

“Cole Eiserman doing Cole Eiserman things”

— Cole Eiserman
Caufield liked this.
May 8 at 10:28 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: NHLfan10506
“Cole Eiserman doing Cole Eiserman things”

— Cole Eiserman

Crazy ahh quote lol
May 8 at 10:38 p.m.
Quoting: Caufield
Crazy ahh quote lol

He is not short on confidence
Caufield liked this.
May 8 at 10:56 p.m.
chibrikov is a steal
Finally some Stiga love! Respect. Your rankings are near accurate with mine.
Caufield liked this.
May 8 at 11:21 p.m.
GM_MZ_WSH
I don't see the Capitals taking Connelly at all. I could see him sliding into late first round or second round because of his character concerns. Teams don't want to waste a pick, get called out by fans, or upset players. Caps have a Jewish player in their system, so there would be obvious friction
Caufield liked this.
May 9 at 6:34 a.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: GM_MZ_WSH
I don't see the Capitals taking Connelly at all. I could see him sliding into late first round or second round because of his character concerns. Teams don't want to waste a pick, get called out by fans, or upset players. Caps have a Jewish player in their system, so there would be obvious friction

Not a mock, but I do agree that teams will skip on him. Probably ends up in a team that is a top tier competitor who can take a risk, like Vegas or Colorado, or a team with a crazy prospect pool

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll