Forums/Armchair-GM

Moving down 3 spots

Created by: FarhanLuigi
Team: 2024-25 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: May 12, 2024
Published: May 12, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I already see both fanbases hating this trade because every trade here is mocked unless its 100% going to work out for either fanbase.

Hawks fans will hate it because of cliches such as 'they don't need to do it' 'when has Davidson done something like this' lol 'it will never happen' like 99% of trades wont happen lol its a fantasy site and you are predicting moves with a million moving parts per offseason. regular hockey trades ala Byram/Mitts rarely happen without outside motives.

Habs fans will hate it because Roy is a guaranteed 30 goal guy and part of 'their losing core' 5th and 2nd draft spots has little difference, etc, etc
Demidov might still be available lol this is sports you take risks, you don't win Cups for being safe just ask the Vegas Golden Knights.

There you go, flame away trolls and homers
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Buium, Zeev
3$950,000
Trades
CHI
  1. Roy, Joshua
  2. 2024 1st round pick (MTL)
  3. 2024 1st round pick (WPG)
MTL
  1. 2024 1st round pick (CHI)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
16$87,500,000$55,695,000$0$6,250,000$31,805,000
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$835,000$835,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
C
RFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,250,000$4,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$900,000$900K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$912,500$912,500 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
LD
RFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,250,000$4,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD
UFA - 6
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$962,500$962,500
G
RFA - 1
Buium, Zeev
$950,000$950,000
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 12 at 2:02 p.m.
Mr.
I know montreal need a forward but if somehow chicago and ANA (or even the jackets) won't go with a defenseman montreal will gladly take the BPA at 5 even if he's a defenseman, scoring one of Levshunov or Silayev at 5 will be a happy day for every canadiens fan

I just don't see a reason for montreal to trade up
May 12 at 2:09 p.m.
OldSLIMEfan
Quoting: SMH
I know montreal need a forward but if somehow chicago and ANA (or even the jackets) won't go with a defenseman montreal will gladly take the BPA at 5 even if he's a defenseman, scoring one of Levshunov or Silayev at 5 will be a happy day for every canadiens fan

I just don't see a reason for montreal to trade up

There is always a reason.
MTL has enough picks and prospects, now go for a risky option like a Demidov that could be your game breaker.
You cant trade for a game breaker 99% of the time.
You have an option here if you're willing to sell the farm. Demidov might not even be that good when you havent seen him at the big international events and in a lower tier MHL but the signs are there! Again, risky, yes, but not being risky means you will always be average.

Levshunov or Silayev at 5. Either would be a star but if Kent Hughes really wants a forward and isnt thinking BPA. Here's your opening with a Chicago team that should be drafting a D as they are much more of a sure thing than the question marks of Demidov and Lindstrom. The Hawks should be building their bottom core, MTL should be adding to it.
May 12 at 2:14 p.m.
Mr.
Quoting: FarhanLuigi
There is always a reason.
MTL has enough picks and prospects, now go for a risky option like a Demidov that could be your game breaker.
You cant trade for a game breaker 99% of the time.
You have an option here if you're willing to sell the farm. Demidov might not even be that good when you havent seen him at the big international events and in a lower tier MHL but the signs are there! Again, risky, yes, but not being risky means you will always be average.

Levshunov or Silayev at 5. Either would be a star but if Kent Hughes really wants a forward and isnt thinking BPA. Here's your opening with a Chicago team that should be drafting a D as they are much more of a sure thing than the question marks of Demidov and Lindstrom.

It's the NHL Everything has a price and Montreal could easily trade for a more proven prospect and like i said no reason to trade up amd waste assets when all 4 players between 2 and 5 are equally good in term of maximizing the opportunity at drafting 5th
May 12 at 2:15 p.m.
OldSLIMEfan
Quoting: SMH
It's the NHL Everything has a price and Montreal could easily trade for a more proven prospect and like i said no reason to trade up amd waste assets when all 4 players between 2 and 5 are equally good in term of maximizing the opportunity at drafting 5th

THATS SIMPLY YOUR OPINION NOT A FACT OR GOSPEL
LivingAnew liked this.
May 12 at 2:17 p.m.
Mr.
THATS SIMPLY YOUR OPINION NOT A FACT OR GOSPEL

This is the option of most scouts
May 12 at 2:24 p.m.
Edited May 12 at 2:31 p.m.
Chicago needs a high end forward or a RIGHT shot defenseman. Trading out of a position where you can address one of those needs doesn’t add up for me. Hawks have enough draft picks and prospects. It’s not about adding as many assets as you can at this point. It’s about adding the best available player.

Roy is a great prospect but certainly not a guaranteed 30 goal player.

Edit: that said, I think this is fair for the hawks but I'm not sure I would accept. I'm about quality over quantity with the blackhawks pipeline and I think Demidov at 2 is much better than any other player at 5.
May 12 at 2:29 p.m.
OldSLIMEfan
Quoting: Earth

Roy is a great prospect but certainly not a guaranteed 30 goal player.

lol that was satire SMH speaking of that guy

I think at best he's a 30 goal Tyler Toffoli type of player. Connor Bedard at the WHJC said that Joshua Roy was the best teammate that he ever had on his line and clearly complements him on/off the ice. It's a risk. Again!
May 12 at 2:47 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
Chicago shouldn’t trade down since Levshunov is the perfect fit for them and he isn’t getting past Anaheim
RicXX liked this.
May 12 at 3:00 p.m.
You've essentially answered your own question. You have Chicago taking Buium at #5. That's the biggest reason the Hawks don't trade down to #5. Demidov, Levshunov and Lindstrom are the only 3 players on the draft board after Celebrini who actually fit what the Hawks need. They don't need any more LD. Catton is undersized and Eiserman isn't a top 5 talent other than his shot. Roy is a very good prospect for sure. But that Winnipeg 1st isn't really a prize. In this draft class, the players going in the 20's are probably 2nd round guys in last year's (or next year's) draft. Hawks just stay at #2 and take their guy.
RicXX liked this.
May 12 at 4:13 p.m.
OldSLIMEfan
Quoting: Hawksguy81
You've essentially answered your own question. You have Chicago taking Buium at #5. That's the biggest reason the Hawks don't trade down to #5. Demidov, Levshunov and Lindstrom are the only 3 players on the draft board after Celebrini who actually fit what the Hawks need. They don't need any more LD. Catton is undersized and Eiserman isn't a top 5 talent other than his shot. Roy is a very good prospect for sure. But that Winnipeg 1st isn't really a prize. In this draft class, the players going in the 20's are probably 2nd round guys in last year's (or next year's) draft. Hawks just stay at #2 and take their guy.

The only thing 'I answered' was that homers wouldn't like the trade because it wasn't their own idea. Both fan bases hate it! JUST SHOCKING STUFF
Trades happen and start they from ideas. This is just another idea. Good or bad. Its entirely possible whether you like it or not

ZADOROV WAS TRADED FOR SAAD. Listening to Hawks fans here if was as if Gretzky left their team for Al Iafrate. I think most now know that Zadorov was very underrated and fills a big role in the playoffs meanwhile Saad was grossly overrated with stone hands. Homers opinions are like, well, you know...everyone has one
May 12 at 10:11 p.m.
OldSLIMEfan
Quoting: GuyGuyGuy
Chicago shouldn’t trade down since Levshunov is the perfect fit for them and he isn’t getting past Anaheim

No matter the cost?

There are 5-6 great defenceman here to draft. Thinking you only need one thing because you signed a merely above average left D like Vlasic when you have franchise changers like Silayev and Buium available is certainly a take, a bad one BUT a take, indeed.
May 13 at 6:12 p.m.
Berkly goat Catton
No matter the cost?

There are 5-6 great defenceman here to draft. Thinking you only need one thing because you signed a merely above average left D like Vlasic when you have franchise changers like Silayev and Buium available is certainly a take, a bad one BUT a take, indeed.

Silayev and Buium are great, but Levshunov is a tier above everyone else and a Rd

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll