Forums/Mock-Draft

Real Deal

Real Deal

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Seiched
Published: May 14 at 7:16 p.m.
May 14 at 7:38 p.m.
Mr.
How about montreal keep the 5th overall pick or you add on top of the prospect, not the other way around
Lafleur10 liked this.
May 14 at 7:58 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Musty is NOT worth near 5th OA

Maybe change Musty for Smith and there’s a better chance
Lafleur10 liked this.
May 14 at 8:14 p.m.
Devils Guy
10th + 75th for Ullmark is way to much. I'd consider 10th + 75th + for Swayman.
May 14 at 9:44 p.m.
Quoting: Caufield
Musty is NOT worth near 5th OA

Maybe change Musty for Smith and there’s a better chance

The hell kind a stupid comment is this the 4th OA from the WAY better draft for the 5th from a much weaker draft has a chance of interesting Montreal lmfao. The only “chance” there is a slim one Mike Grier doesn’t get Fired! Btw keep Levshunov Musty looks like a better prospect right now IMO.
May 14 at 9:46 p.m.
Quoting: SMH
How about montreal keep the 5th overall pick or you add on top of the prospect, not the other way around

Even as is Sharks should pass! Musty is a perfect fit for the sharks and we don’t want to look that gift horse in the mouth.
May 14 at 9:47 p.m.
Sharks should not trade both their 2nds for a RD with very little offensive upside! If anything I would have taken Mews over Emery! Better option is use both 2nds on raw D with more potential and roll the dice.
May 14 at 11:03 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
The hell kind a stupid comment is this the 4th OA from the WAY better draft for the 5th from a much weaker draft has a chance of interesting Montreal lmfao. The only “chance” there is a slim one Mike Grier doesn’t get Fired! Btw keep Levshunov Musty looks like a better prospect right now IMO.

Smith for 5th OA is MUCH closer than Musty for 5th OA. Smith and 5th OA will be in the same tier of prospects, 5th OA and Musty is probably a 2 tier difference.
I get hyping up your prospects and stuff, but saying Musty is worth that much is a flaming hot take.

I wouldn’t even say Hutson is worth a top 5 pick, and he broke a bunch of decade old NCAA records
Lafleur10 liked this.
May 14 at 11:12 p.m.
Smith for 5th OA is MUCH closer than Musty for 5th OA. Smith and 5th OA will be in the same tier of prospects, 5th OA and Musty is probably a 2 tier difference.
I get hyping up your prospects and stuff, but saying Musty is worth that much is a flaming hot take.

I wouldn’t even say Hutson is worth a top 5 pick, and he broke a bunch of decade old NCAA records

Smith in 24 would be top 2 pick with the question being Smith or Celebrini, Levshunov goes 10-12 in 23
And musty should have been top 15 last year and would be top 5 this year after the year he had! I feel if Musty was in this draft most teams would pick him over Levshunov.

I could be a homer but how often do you see an 18/19 year old 6’2” forward score near 2PPG in the OHL?
May 14 at 11:48 p.m.
Juraj SlafDadsky
Smith in 24 would be top 2 pick with the question being Smith or Celebrini, Levshunov goes 10-12 in 23
And musty should have been top 15 last year and would be top 5 this year after the year he had! I feel if Musty was in this draft most teams would pick him over Levshunov.

I could be a homer but how often do you see an 18/19 year old 6’2” forward score near 2PPG in the OHL?

Smith if he were a year younger would be in the mix with Demidov and Lindstrom for anywhere between 2nd and 6/7th overall, most of the top ten teams this year NEED to add to their defensive depth, very convenient considering its a defensively strong draft. It's nothing against Smith's skill, he's really really good, but he might even go lower that 5th in this years draft.
You're putting a little too much value in Musty, sure he's a very strong young prospect, but he barely makes the mid teens if he was in this years draft, and he does not move that high in a 2023 redraft because 2023 was just so f*cking STACKED. You're also undervaluing Levshunov, he goes above both Reinbacher and Nemec as the first defensemen taken in the last two years drafts. Any team that does not already have two guaranteed Elite right handed defenders AND an extra young RHD trying to take one of those guys jobs does not pass on Levshunov.
Montreal could at 5 pick Catton, much better season than Musty at younger and in a harder (Slightly harder I will admit but still harder) league.
Caufield liked this.
May 14 at 11:54 p.m.
Glad I caused some debate.

Comment shows how little you know (or just a MTL homer). Musty post draft value is higher than 5OA in 24, there is literally no one past Celebrini or Demindov that is 'worth' more than Musty right now. Smith would be 2nd OA in 24. Also Montreal needs big wingers to complement your tiny team.

I could be a homer but how often do you see an 18/19 year old 6’2” forward score near 2PPG in the OHL?[/quote

Not a homer, post draft value is a thing. Plenty of players from 23 draft, drafted higher than Musty, had their value's drop. Things happen, kids continue to mature and develop and some have value increase like Musty and others eh. I do agree, giving up Musty would be a big deal for SJS, the trade proposed here is simply for positional value. SJS needs D prospects. Especially RHD.

I am sure Caufield wants to draft Catton.
May 15 at 12:02 a.m.
Quoting: Lafleur10
Smith if he were a year younger would be in the mix with Demidov and Lindstrom for anywhere between 2nd and 6/7th overall, most of the top ten teams this year NEED to add to their defensive depth, very convenient considering its a defensively strong draft. It's nothing against Smith's skill, he's really really good, but he might even go lower that 5th in this years draft.
You're putting a little too much value in Musty, sure he's a very strong young prospect, but he barely makes the mid teens if he was in this years draft, and he does not move that high in a 2023 redraft because 2023 was just so f*cking STACKED. You're also undervaluing Levshunov, he goes above both Reinbacher and Nemec as the first defensemen taken in the last two years drafts. Any team that does not already have two guaranteed Elite right handed defenders AND an extra young RHD trying to take one of those guys jobs does not pass on Levshunov.
Montreal could at 5 pick Catton, much better season than Musty at younger and in a harder (Slightly harder I will admit but still harder) league.

Agree last year's draft was stacked, and Musty would certainly jump up into the early teens on a redraft. This year's draft class is being way overhyped. Media trying to make things seem relevant when this class is no where close to last years. I watched Lev play, so I saw for myself what he is. I would probably say he is in Reinbacher's realm in predraft, Nemec would be a little higher. He is far from a lock, his value is only as high as it is because of the value placed on RHD.

We can argue 'value' all night. The trade was simply, big sized prospect with good upside = high value for MTL, Top 4 upside RHD = high value for SJS. Will it happen, nope.
Rob32sjsharks liked this.
May 15 at 12:07 a.m.
Quoting: Seiched
Agree last year's draft was stacked, and Musty would certainly jump up into the early teens on a redraft. This year's draft class is being way overhyped. Media trying to make things seem relevant when this class is no where close to last years. I watched Lev play, so I saw for myself what he is. I would probably say he is in Reinbacher's realm in predraft, Nemec would be a little higher. He is far from a lock, his value is only as high as it is because of the value placed on RHD.

We can argue 'value' all night. The trade was simply, big sized prospect with good upside = high value for MTL, Top 4 upside RHD = high value for SJS. Will it happen, nope.

I see the Logic there. But yea sharks covet power forwards like Musty (See Meier, Hertl, Thornton, Clowe, Heatley, Nolan, Ricci etc) so giving up their potential next Premier LW power forward would be tough, plus sharks aren’t gearing up to be good in 24 so they likely have a top 5 pick to grab a D and another 1st to use as well and on top of this they have lots of cap this year and next to address the D with some stop Gap/ placeholder vet D
May 15 at 6:44 a.m.
Sennecke is a gem

Quoting: Seiched
Glad I caused some debate.

Comment shows how little you know (or just a MTL homer). Musty post draft value is higher than 5OA in 24, there is literally no one past Celebrini or Demindov that is 'worth' more than Musty right now. Smith would be 2nd OA in 24. Also Montreal needs big wingers to complement your tiny team.

Not a homer, post draft value is a thing. Plenty of players from 23 draft, drafted higher than Musty, had their value's drop. Things happen, kids continue to mature and develop and some have value increase like Musty and others eh. I do agree, giving up Musty would be a big deal for SJS, the trade proposed here is simply for positional value. SJS needs D prospects. Especially RHD.

I am sure Caufield wants to draft Catton.

Y’all not comparing apples to apples here. Of course Musty is gonna be scoring more this year, he’s in his D+1 year. All things considered, I take Catton over Musty, who I ranked 11th this year, a lot more offense to offer with Catton. That would also mean Lindstrom, Iginla, Sennecke, and of course Celebrini, would all be better picks then Musty.

As for Smith, its insulting to say that he is better than Demidov. Other than the fact that Smith is a center, there is nothing I that really makes Smith better than Demidov, who also doesn’t have as much of Michkov’s factors since he is only playing another year.
The debate would probably be between Lindstrom and Smith. More offense with Smith, more impact with Lindstrom, so its kind of a pick your poison type of situation.

Also, y’all hyping up last years depth too much. The depth this year from 4 to 16 is better than last year.

At the end of all of this, MTL absolutely declines this deal, not really a deal that would help us out of the rebuild
Rob32sjsharks liked this.
May 15 at 9:27 a.m.
Y’all not comparing apples to apples here. Of course Musty is gonna be scoring more this year, he’s in his D+1 year. All things considered, I take Catton over Musty, who I ranked 11th this year, a lot more offense to offer with Catton. That would also mean Lindstrom, Iginla, Sennecke, and of course Celebrini, would all be better picks then Musty.

As for Smith, its insulting to say that he is better than Demidov. Other than the fact that Smith is a center, there is nothing I that really makes Smith better than Demidov, who also doesn’t have as much of Michkov’s factors since he is only playing another year.
The debate would probably be between Lindstrom and Smith. More offense with Smith, more impact with Lindstrom, so its kind of a pick your poison type of situation.

Also, y’all hyping up last years depth too much. The depth this year from 4 to 16 is better than last year.

At the end of all of this, MTL absolutely declines this deal, not really a deal that would help us out of the rebuild

Your right sharks decline either of those proposals, it’s not how the sharks get out of their rebuild by trading quality pieces for futures
Caufield liked this.
May 15 at 5:03 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Your right sharks decline either of those proposals, it’s not how the sharks get out of their rebuild by trading quality pieces for futures

Agree to disagree then.

I will just say this: Why wouldn't be Cristall worth 5th OA, or Heidt.
Why is Parascak only going 20 to 30 this year? Why is Catton likely dropping out of the top 10?

They have the same production or better as Musty, yet they aren't top 10 talents, and some are barely even 1st round talents. I get Musty is 6'2, but that doesn't raise his range from 15 to 20 to 5. Again, Greentree is looking like a 13 to 19 OA prospect. If you value Musty around that range, then fair enough, but the top 10 got stuff that all the guys I listed don't have. They are all great to elite skaters, all have another, usually multiple assets that are truly elite.
May 15 at 6:26 p.m.
Agree to disagree then.

I will just say this: Why wouldn't be Cristall worth 5th OA, or Heidt.
Why is Parascak only going 20 to 30 this year? Why is Catton likely dropping out of the top 10?

They have the same production or better as Musty, yet they aren't top 10 talents, and some are barely even 1st round talents. I get Musty is 6'2, but that doesn't raise his range from 15 to 20 to 5. Again, Greentree is looking like a 13 to 19 OA prospect. If you value Musty around that range, then fair enough, but the top 10 got stuff that all the guys I listed don't have. They are all great to elite skaters, all have another, usually multiple assets that are truly elite.

I get I get that you feel I’m off on his value. I’m not trying to justify his value by saying he’s worth a first overall or fifth overall what I’m saying is He fits exactly what the sharks are looking for. I don’t think Slaff should’ve been the first overall, but he fits what you guys need! And sharks are at best when they have a true powerful that can score and musty is proving that he has the potential to be that guy.
I also don’t want to deal with the Anderson contract and him eating a roster spot like Hoffman did last year.
Caufield liked this.
May 15 at 6:37 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
I get I get that you feel I’m off on his value. I’m not trying to justify his value by saying he’s worth a first overall or fifth overall what I’m saying is He fits exactly what the sharks are looking for.

Yeah, I completely understand that part. Makes sense. Obviously doesn't make sense to make the trade from MTLs side, cause they need that high-end talent, but it is understandable that SJ keeps a guy who is the key to a door on the team

I don’t think Slaff should’ve been the first overall, but he fits what you guys need!

Really? Who would you take before him? Cause at this point, I don't think there is anyone close to Slaf right now in terms of current level of hockey, and he has one of, or the, best ceiling in his class
May 15 at 6:42 p.m.
Yeah, I completely understand that part. Makes sense. Obviously doesn't make sense to make the trade from MTLs side, cause they need that high-end talent, but it is understandable that SJ keeps a guy who is the key to a door on the team

Really? Who would you take before him? Cause at this point, I don't think there is anyone close to Slaf right now in terms of current level of hockey, and he has one of, or the, best ceiling in his class

At the time it seemed a reach! But maybe we’re all wrong honestly. Only thing that matters is how important the player is to that club not the place they were picked just look at the guys Dallas “reached” on that turned into huge key pieces for them.
Caufield liked this.
May 15 at 6:46 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
At the time it seemed a reach! But maybe we’re all wrong honestly. Only thing that matters is how important the player is to that club not the place they were picked just look at the guys Dallas “reached” on that turned into huge key pieces for them.

All I'll say is, there is a reason we are on Cap Friendly and not in a suit managing an NHL team. In general, it is best to trust what managements do
May 15 at 7:10 p.m.
All I'll say is, there is a reason we are on Cap Friendly and not in a suit managing an NHL team. In general, it is best to trust what managements do

I could be a GM, all I lack is the inside knowledge and expert scouting they have access to, and the business acumen, relationships with clubs and managers, business savvy patience and logic that it takes to be a GM.
Caufield liked this.
May 15 at 7:56 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
I could be a GM, all I lack is the inside knowledge and expert scouting they have access to, and the business acumen, relationships with clubs and managers, business savvy patience and logic that it takes to be a GM.

Eh, your basically there honestly, those things aren’t really important
May 15 at 8:06 p.m.
Eh, your basically there honestly, those things aren’t really important

lol
It’s all about who you know and I don’t know anyone!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll