SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Reserve Lists

Nov. 30, 2017 at 11:51 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
A commonly requested feature, we're happy to let you know it is now available.

Reserve lists can be found by clicking the "Reserve List" button on each team page now
chuck28 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2017 at 12:47 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly

Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:05 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
are you guys definitely sure that rights for players drafted from leagues with no transfer agreements stay with a team, even if the player is over the age of 27? seems unfair, to make said players sign their first NHL contract with a certain team even if they're past the age that would qualify them for UFA.
Jan. 2, 2018 at 11:51 p.m.
Ryan
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
are you guys definitely sure that rights for players drafted from leagues with no transfer agreements stay with a team, even if the player is over the age of 27? seems unfair, to make said players sign their first NHL contract with a certain team even if they're past the age that would qualify them for UFA.

Even if a player is older then 27, the team will keep the players rights.
Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:34 a.m.
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: Ryan
Even if a player is older then 27, the team will keep the players rights.
hm. alright.

I've got another conundrum: there are 5 players on reserve lists where their rights are listed as 'indefinite', but I don't understand *why* they're listed as indefinite:

Brian Cooper (Anaheim Ducks)
Garrett Haar (Washington Capitals)
Peter Quenneville (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Ryan Segalla (Pittsburgh Penguins)
Timothy Boyle (Ottawa Senators)

all of these players were college-drafted players (they played for an NCAA team the year after their draft, so I presume that meets criterion 2 for determining college-drafted players), but nowhere in the provided table for determining exclusive rights for college-drafted players is there an outcome where a team retains exclusive rights for a college-drafted player indefinitely. to the best of my knowledge, all of these players' rights should have expired long ago.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll