SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs Player Evaluation 1/3 of the season: Palhal Thoughts

Dec. 1, 2017 at 12:48 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
These grades are based off their jobs and how they have performed them.

Frederick Andersen: B+ Same old Freddy. Slow start but picks it up in November. Definitely has won Toronto more games than they have deserved this season

McElheinney C+ Doing his job. Not suppose to steal games but good enough to give Freddy a rest. .900 SVP isn't terrible but room for improvement as the season progresses.

Borgman C+ Not a bad start for the rookie Swede. His rookie mistakes are evadible, yet he is showing maturing signs.

Carrick C Want to see more grit from him. He has been a shadow player so far. Not as involved as last year IMO.

Zaitsev B- Very consistent season but room for improvement

Polak B- Giving him this grade because he is out there doing his job. He doesn't have to log in heavy minutes. But when he is out there he is playing the role he is being paid to do.

Gardiner B- Would like to see more offensive consistency from him. I find this year though that he is creating more space with the puck, yet he has to stop with the give aways.

Reilly B+ Loved his play so far this season. He is showing more confidence in himself.

Hainsey B- He is bringing some maturity to the back end, yet I want to see more effectiveness in his game. His consistency is there but I want to see more games out of him like the game vs Carolina.

Hyman A- I am a huge Hyman supporter. One of the most underrated forwards in the game. He is always on every puck and always is creating havoc for all teams in any end of the ice. He kills penalties amazingly and knows his role on this team. Great start to the season

Nylander C+ The point production is what brings his grade lower, yet what I like about this season is how he is creating more room for himself to move with the puck. I still see him getting. around 60-70 points this year.

Matthews B Has slowed down a bit, but is still being effective in all aspects.

JVR C+ Same season different year

Bozak C- Has been probably my least impressed leaf this year. He has been a bit of a shadow all year

Marner C+ Similar to Nylander he isn't producing as much as his play shows. He is showing that he is a problem in the offensive end, yet doesnt have the points to justify it.

Komarov C Just an average year for Leo. Playing his role averagely every game, but isn't that effective

Marleau B+ Has transitioned to the eastern conference very well. for an old Goldie he is playing his role very well. Showed he can step up to the middle when Matthews was out. Also net front presence has been spectacular

Kadri A- His transitional two way game has been on point all season and has been an effective piece to the leafs offence when guys like Matthews and Nylander are in the slump

Moore C+ Average start to Moore. He is playing solid throughout all 3 zones.

Martin B- Bit controversial on this but I honestly think he is doing a great job this year. He is not only doing his role but is also producing and being effecrtive throughout some games.

Brown C Honestly I believe brown just needs to play with consistent line mates in order to produce more. He has been great with the right guys and has struggled when Babcock experiments him with other line mates.
Dec. 1, 2017 at 1:21 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Rod

I will give you my grades on players that differ from your grades as follows:

Borgman B Doing a Great Job for a Rookie Dman in NHL and has huge upside
Carrick C+ Getting Job Done for a 2 Year Dman and is much better than media thinks
Polak C+ Doing just okay
Reilly A Exceeding Expectations
Hainsey B+ Exceeding Expectations
Nylander B A Great Young Talent
Matthews A Do not understand how you could give him a B when for my money he should be in the running for MVP of league
Komorov C+ He is doing his job as a defensive and shut down forward
Brown B He has been a stand-out in the roles assigned to him
Dec. 1, 2017 at 1:56 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rod: Since you asked. My "marks" are very close to yours. I posted yesterday under Armchair GM.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll