SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Time to make Nylander a Center

Dec. 8, 2017 at 10:13 a.m.
get ur corsi up
It’s time to make Nylander the player he was in the minors.
Ideal lineup with explanations:

van Riemsdyk-Matthews-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Leivo
Hyman-Nylander-Brown
Komarov-Bozak-Martin
Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Carrick-Borgman
Andersen
McEllhiney

Marner with his quick hands acts as the ideal setup man for Matthews (and vice versa), JVR meanwhile can do his work infront of the net while Marner and Matthews take shots.

Marleau and Kadri to me seem like players meant for each other, while Leivo gets more minutes. Marleau is also very defensively minded and can score, making him a nice match for Kadri.

Hyman’s pass first mentality makes him a great partner for Nylander who loves handling the puck, while Brown acts as the more defensive of the thee while also boasting offensive abilities.

Komarov and Martin make a hard to play against fourth line, while adding Bozak into the mix ensures a few goals here and there.

Rielly’s two way style continues to complement a defensive defensman in Hainsey.

The two way Zaitsev acts as insurance for a defensman who likes joining the rush (Gardiner). While Zaitsev can as well chip in offensively.

Carrick and Borgman form the decent but still weak bottom pairing.

Thoughts?
Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:39 a.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Quoting: DarylthePony
It’s time to make Nylander the player he was in the minors.
Ideal lineup with explanations:

van Riemsdyk-Matthews-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Leivo
Hyman-Nylander-Brown
Komarov-Bozak-Martin
Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Carrick-Borgman
Andersen
McEllhiney

Marner with his quick hands acts as the ideal setup man for Matthews (and vice versa), JVR meanwhile can do his work infront of the net while Marner and Matthews take shots.

Marleau and Kadri to me seem like players meant for each other, while Leivo gets more minutes. Marleau is also very defensively minded and can score, making him a nice match for Kadri.

Hyman’s pass first mentality makes him a great partner for Nylander who loves handling the puck, while Brown acts as the more defensive of the thee while also boasting offensive abilities.

Komarov and Martin make a hard to play against fourth line, while adding Bozak into the mix ensures a few goals here and there.

Rielly’s two way style continues to complement a defensive defensman in Hainsey.

The two way Zaitsev acts as insurance for a defensman who likes joining the rush (Gardiner). While Zaitsev can as well chip in offensively.

Carrick and Borgman form the decent but still weak bottom pairing.

Thoughts?

Excuse me, Marleau wants to play with his 2 sons so let him be
Dec. 16, 2017 at 9:10 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Time to have Leivo and Kapanen playing in the lineup at the same time. Time to get rid of Marner on the point on the PP.
Gee, the team looks like all their confidence and creativity offensively is gone.
Dec. 16, 2017 at 12:46 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: palhal
Time to have Leivo and Kapanen playing in the lineup at the same time. Time to get rid of Marner on the point on the PP.
Gee, the team looks like all their confidence and creativity offensively is gone.

Honestly, move Bozak. Time to give Leivo and Kapanen a chance and guys like Bozak only eat up their potential ice time.
Dec. 16, 2017 at 6:51 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: DarylthePony

Honestly, move Bozak. Time to give Leivo and Kapanen a chance and guys like Bozak only eat up their potential ice time.

Since October 1, I have felt the Leafs need to keep their upcoming UFAs, cause the playoff run is important to the team this year. Now I almost think this year is lost. Maybe it's time to sell these vets for young assets. Gee, Babcock seems to a big part of the problem too.
Dec. 17, 2017 at 8:53 a.m.
get ur corsi up

Since October 1, I have felt the Leafs need to keep their upcoming UFAs, cause the playoff run is important to the team this year. Now I almost think this year is lost. Maybe it's time to sell these vets for young assets. Gee, Babcock seems to a big part of the problem too.

I like Babcock, by he needs to stop shuffling the lines every single game. Pick some lines and stick with them.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll