SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

Ottawa GM-AGM Communications

Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:42 a.m.
Hi Rangers smile
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:54 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Well i guess that means you're in as AGM. Hello!
Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:11 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I'm new at having an AGM so i'm sorry if i'm trying to make too many of the decisions or something.
Anyway, so i'll listen to what you have to say, but i think i have the final decisions, correct?

Okay, so here's what i'm thinking, you can tell me if there's anything that doesn't seem right:
I wouldn't say we're rebuilding yet. I don't think we're trading Karlsson, or at least not yet.
You can take a look at my list of players that are available and tell me if there's anything that should be changed. The guys on the untouchable list are really not guys i want to move at the moment, but i'm willing to listen to what you have to say about those guys.
I think we should try to go after Ekholm, but IMO we shouldn't trade our 2018 1st in that deal.
We go after McDavid because who wouldn't? (lol, jk)
I think once we make a new untouchable list nobody makes offers involving those guys.
About Phaneuf, if we move him a deal for a top pairing LHD, then we'll have to look around for a 2nd pairing LHD. Even though he's got a huge contract, he's still a good player.
So here's what i'm thinking for the 'plan':

We look for a top pairing LHD a little longer, but if we can't find one, then we wait until the offseason. If it gets to the deadline and we don't look like a playoff team, we're sellers, maybe moving Kyle Turris for picks/prospects. If we're looking like a playoff team, we're buyers, maybe looking to add an extra centre and/or a 4th line RW (Which we have but maybe as an improvement), and if we're right near the line of playoff team and not playoff team, then i'd say we don't do anything at the deadline, unless we get a great deal.
Note: About what i suggested with the 1LD, we would keep trying to add one util the deadline if Ottawa starts playing better, and the reason for waiting if they don't and we don't add the d-man would just be that it gives us more time to consider our options and we wouldn't need that guy sooner.

So this is all just my opinion. Now what do you think?
Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:51 p.m.
Personally I think that the Sens have next to 0 chance of making playoffs this year. We could "retool" which essentially means we juggle a couple pieces around to make ourselves better for the future.

Core pieces I'd personally like to keep are: Mike Hoffman, Kyle Turris, Mark Stone, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Erik Karlsson and Craig Anderson.

We need cap space to resign EK, Turris, Stone. So one of Ryan or Phaneuf needs to go.

Chabot can play Top 4 minutes. Kid is insanely good.

1st + White for Ekholm is a pretty good deal. Yes losing the 1st sucks, but it's unlikely that we would use that 1st on a defender that is Ekholm caliber and super cheap for 5 years.

We need a goalie prospect in the system... maybe we can convince Dallas to trade us Jake Oettinger. We likely also need some high quality prospects of our own.

To get some high quality prospects we could trade Ceci, Phaneuf or Ryan.

Thinking that Ceci could land a High End Prospect in a 1 for 1 deal.

Ryan for Top End Prospect + Cap Dump + 2nd/3rd seems super reasonable

Phaneuf for Top End Prospect + Cap Dump + 3rd/4th also seems fine

Problem with Ottawa is that they aren't particularly fast or smart with the puck... If we could find speed somewhere that would be a huge addition
Dec. 13, 2017 at 3:27 p.m.
Have an incoming offer from Minny.

Burrows + lateish pick (think a 5th) for Mikkael Boedkker. Makes our 3rd line faster and better offensively, but we take on an additional 1.5M per season
Dec. 13, 2017 at 5:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Brassard could be traded for cap space, as we could still get a very good return for him. That way we could keep Ryan (who's one of our top RWs) and Phaneuf (our best LHD).
I don't want to make all the decisions or anything but i really think we should keep our 1st. It's got the potential to be the Dahlin pick. If we win the draft lottery, Dahlin could be our top pairing LHD, or we could try to move up or trade it at the draft for a 1LD if we don't.

So about the cap thing, our main 2018 UFAs are Anderson, Stone, and Turris i believe. Turris and Stone need raises, which would take up cap room, but we could maybe trade Ceci at the draft if we can't get a replacement RHD. And Anderson night cost less than his current contract.
I'm thinking if it gets to the deadline and we still aren't playing very good, we could trade Turris IF we get a good enough offer. We'd probably be looking for something a bit better than the Ladd and Hanzal returns at recent deadlines. If we get that offer, we move him IMO.
I think the guys we've both agreed to put on the untouchable list are Hoffman, Stone, JGP, Karlsson, and Anderson, and we're undecided about Ryan, Phaneuf, and Turris.

So i'd say we might 'retool' for now, but in the offseason we could maybe do some rebuilding.
Dec. 13, 2017 at 5:56 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: jmac490
Have an incoming offer from Minny.

Burrows + lateish pick (think a 5th) for Mikkael Boedkker. Makes our 3rd line faster and better offensively, but we take on an additional 1.5M per season

Well Mikkel Boedker's struggling again, and it takes up extra cap room. He could use a fresh start. We could think of this as one of the potential deals, meaning i think we make a list of the potential deals we could make, and maybe later decide which ones are worth doing.
Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:17 p.m.
I can try and give a full evaluation of stuff in a bit
Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:18 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I can try and give a full evaluation of stuff in a bit

alright, i'm going off the site probably for a few hours, or at least for a bit, i'll probably be back on tonight.
jmac490 liked this.
Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:00 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
So i'm not going to have many off-site trade discussions, but you can discuss stuff off the site and bring it here.
Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:04 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I made an offer on Mattias Ekholm (not an official 'do we have a deal' offer, just an offer). Chabot, Bowers, Smith, and a 2nd for Ekholm, Weber, and a 4th. What do you think of this?
Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Also, just something i forgot to say is IMO we shouldn't answer posts that have nothing to do with the person who posts them. An example is we're talking about a deal with someone else and someone else comes in and says 'oh, this is way too much for this guy.'
Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Also, just something i forgot to say is IMO we shouldn't answer posts that have nothing to do with the person who posts them. An example is we're talking about a deal with someone else and someone else comes in and says 'oh, this is way too much for this guy.'

you didn't do that or anything, it's just to make sure you know.
Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:10 p.m.
I personally think the offer was pretty bad... Chabot projects to be almost Karlsson level with his play...
From what I can see Ottawa has literally 0 good Wing prospects in the system other than Alex Formenton, which you traded away.
They do however have a ton of solid Center prospects

Colin White I'd give an evaluation of A, likely a very good candidate to be a 1C
Logan Brown A-, Could play 1C/2C with ease
Filip Chlapik B+
Shane Bowers B+
Drake Batherson B

Ottawa also has 0 good Goalie Prospects

But has a couple promising defensive prospects in

Chabot A++ value, shouldn't trade unless the offer is a stupid overpayment
Englund B (LHD)
Jaros B+ (RHD) - could replace Ceci in a year
Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:11 p.m.

fair enough
Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:13 p.m.
As for roster players, I personally think Ryan, Phaneuf, Burrows, Brassard, Smith, Dzingel etc are all expendable

My keepers are Turris, Stone (unless we get blown away by an offer for his 1 yr rental), Hoffman (have I mentioned he is my neighbour?), Karlsson

Our main needs are winger prospects in the system, RHD prospects in the system, Goalie prospects in the system, and Chabot in the Top 4 Defense
Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:15 p.m.
FYI, Stone is a RFA.
Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:16 p.m.
Quoting: boltscharge17
FYI, Stone is a RFA.

Damn... Maybe we should just hang onto him then... Could be expensive though. Thanks for the heads up Bolts
Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:19 p.m.
So I get a free pick/prospect now? happy
Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:22 p.m.

you wish. Now shoo before Rangers sees you talking in here wink
Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:42 p.m.
Cody Ceci's value is high right now... should sell while he is playing good... capitalize on him while we can
Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
FYI, Stone is a RFA.

CF calls him an RFA but i believe he's a UFA.
Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

you wish. Now shoo before Rangers sees you talking in here wink

i think it's fine if they're trying to point out something like that.
Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:02 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Cody Ceci's value is high right now... should sell while he is playing good... capitalize on him while we can

He's playing good so we could keep him as our 2nd RHD IMO (unless we can get a LHD in a Ceci deal. Wideman is an okay 2nd pairing RHD when he returns next year).
Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:03 p.m.
FYI, Stone is a RFA.

CF calls him an RFA but i believe he's a UFA.

expiry status says RFA

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll