SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

Ottawa GM-AGM Communications

Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:05 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: jmac490
Cody Ceci's value is high right now... should sell while he is playing good... capitalize on him while we can

He's playing good so we could keep him as our 2nd RHD IMO (unless we can get a LHD in a Ceci deal. Wideman is an okay 2nd pairing RHD when he returns next year).

still think the 2nd pairing should be Chabot - Phaneuf and the 1st pair should be the new LHD and Karlsson
Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
As for roster players, I personally think Ryan, Phaneuf, Burrows, Brassard, Smith, Dzingel etc are all expendable

My keepers are Turris, Stone (unless we get blown away by an offer for his 1 yr rental), Hoffman (have I mentioned he is my neighbour?), Karlsson

Our main needs are winger prospects in the system, RHD prospects in the system, Goalie prospects in the system, and Chabot in the Top 4 Defense

Maybe we could consider moving Ryan, but Phaneuf is our best LHD so i really don't want to move him. Ryan could be moved to a 'hard to get' list. What are your thoughts on Craig Anderson? untouchable, hard to get, or something else?

I personally think the offer was pretty bad... Chabot projects to be almost Karlsson level with his play...
From what I can see Ottawa has literally 0 good Wing prospects in the system other than Alex Formenton, which you traded away.
They do however have a ton of solid Center prospects

Colin White I'd give an evaluation of A, likely a very good candidate to be a 1C
Logan Brown A-, Could play 1C/2C with ease
Filip Chlapik B+
Shane Bowers B+
Drake Batherson B

Ottawa also has 0 good Goalie Prospects

But has a couple promising defensive prospects in

Chabot A++ value, shouldn't trade unless the offer is a stupid overpayment
Englund B (LHD)
Jaros B+ (RHD) - could replace Ceci in a year

I really don't think we should trade away a 1st. Chabot isn't gonna be Karlsson. He could and probably will turn out to be a top pairing d-man, but he's not there yet, and if we want a chance at the playoffs in 2019 we should go for a top pairing LHD.
Maybe we could move on to another LHD, or see if there's anything else Nashville would do other than a 1st or Chabot in an Ekholm deal.
Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

CF calls him an RFA but i believe he's a UFA.

expiry status says RFA

Where are you reading this?
Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:08 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

He's playing good so we could keep him as our 2nd RHD IMO (unless we can get a LHD in a Ceci deal. Wideman is an okay 2nd pairing RHD when he returns next year).

still think the 2nd pairing should be Chabot - Phaneuf and the 1st pair should be the new LHD and Karlsson

But pairings with 2 guys who are the same shot aren't ideal.
Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:33 p.m.

expiry status says RFA

Where are you reading this?

was capfriendly, couple either sites stated this as well, but they were kinda sketchy
Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:33 p.m.

Chabot can play the offside well. isn't ideal but Chabot is offensive and Phaneuf is defensive... their games compliment one another
Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:36 p.m.
Craig Anderson... Love the guy, isn't having a great season, he usually plays good one season then down the next... Ryan can be moved to hard to get... Phaneuf doesn't have to be moved, but I think Chabot deserves a spot over anyone in the Top 4

Nashville was pretty firm with either a 1st or Chabot... the 1st would likely be in the teens if we get Ekholm and another solid roster piece... rather lose the 1st than Chabot though... Chabot has a bright bright future if Ottawa doesn't mess up
Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:37 p.m.
Also rumblings out of Ottawa that they are listening on Hoffman, Pageau and Karlsson

Would you be interested in Tanner Pearson? good value for a Top 6 wing, cheap as well for long term
Dec. 14, 2017 at 2:57 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

Chabot can play the offside well. isn't ideal but Chabot is offensive and Phaneuf is defensive... their games compliment one another

IMO we should re-sign Wideman if we trade Ceci.
Dec. 14, 2017 at 2:58 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Craig Anderson... Love the guy, isn't having a great season, he usually plays good one season then down the next... Ryan can be moved to hard to get... Phaneuf doesn't have to be moved, but I think Chabot deserves a spot over anyone in the Top 4

Nashville was pretty firm with either a 1st or Chabot... the 1st would likely be in the teens if we get Ekholm and another solid roster piece... rather lose the 1st than Chabot though... Chabot has a bright bright future if Ottawa doesn't mess up

also we might have to add more to the 1st, so i'd say we try Chabot.
Dec. 14, 2017 at 3:02 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Also rumblings out of Ottawa that they are listening on Hoffman, Pageau and Karlsson

Would you be interested in Tanner Pearson? good value for a Top 6 wing, cheap as well for long term

Mike Hoffman is an underrated player. I really like his potential. IMO we should keep him, especially cause he's our best LW. After how Pageau played in the playoffs last year i think we should keep him for now. IRL Karlsson isn't getting moved anyway. He's the most untouchable player we have.

Well what do the Caps want for Pearson?
Dec. 14, 2017 at 3:09 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Untouchable: E Karlsson, D Phaneuf, C Anderson, J Pageau, M Stone, M Hoffman
Hard to get: C Ceci, R Dzingel, L Brown, B Ryan
Don't want to have to move but could: T Chabot
Open to possibly moving: M Borowiecki
Available: F Claesson
Being shopped: None in this category

This is my idea for a potential list of how available each player is. Anyone not mentioned would be right in the middle (would move in the right deal), except for Turris, who we still need to discuss.
Dec. 14, 2017 at 11:45 a.m.

This is my idea for a potential list of how available each player is. Anyone not mentioned would be right in the middle (would move in the right deal), except for Turris, who we still need to discuss.

Think Turris fits in the untouchable category until the trade deadline, Chabot be in a don't ask category... we shouldn't move him period. And if we trade White, Brown should be untouchable
Dec. 14, 2017 at 11:46 a.m.

IMO we should re-sign Wideman if we trade Ceci.

That's fine. Good 3rd pair guy
Dec. 14, 2017 at 11:48 a.m.

also we might have to add more to the 1st, so i'd say we try Chabot.

Chabot will be Top 5 LHD in 3 years easily. Kid has a bright future... don't think we should trade him and just be patient
Dec. 14, 2017 at 1:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Chabot will be Top 5 LHD in 3 years easily. Kid has a bright future... don't think we should trade him and just be patient

maybe we should move to another guy. I'm not sure if we're getting Ekholm.
Or we could try Brown with a smaller +
Dec. 14, 2017 at 1:17 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Think Turris fits in the untouchable category until the trade deadline, Chabot be in a don't ask category... we shouldn't move him period. And if we trade White, Brown should be untouchable

Well we can move guys around. IMO we shouldn't trade more than 1 of Brown, Chabot, and White before the deadline. How about this?

Hard to get: C Ceci, R Dzingel, L Brown, B Ryan, K Turris, T Chabot
Don't want to have to move but could: None in this category

What do you think of this? Chabot and Turris go on the hard to get list.
Dec. 14, 2017 at 1:35 p.m.
I don't know why you want to trade our best prospect for the chance to get the same level prospect.

1st + White is reasonable for Ekholm. Krak doesn't want to wait on the deal either so we either do it or we lose out
Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:19 p.m.
Bennett and 2nd Minnesota 2019 for Brassard... thoughts?

I think its a fair enough offer... Bennett is young and can play 3C for us and Pageau can play 2C, and the 2nd next year can help replenish the dismal prospect pool, and we shed 3M+ in cap space that we can reuse on Stone and Turris
Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:38 p.m.
We should make a team vision going forward... if we trade for Ekholm, we should shoot for playoffs, if we trade Chabot away and not the 1st then we should purposefully tank to get a High 1st
Dec. 14, 2017 at 6:52 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I don't know why you want to trade our best prospect for the chance to get the same level prospect.

1st + White is reasonable for Ekholm. Krak doesn't want to wait on the deal either so we either do it or we lose out

Dahlin has the potential to be better than Doughty. If we win the draft lottery, we get our d-man. If we don't, we could keep Chabot and maybe move our pick for a d-man.
Dec. 14, 2017 at 6:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Bennett and 2nd Minnesota 2019 for Brassard... thoughts?

I think its a fair enough offer... Bennett is young and can play 3C for us and Pageau can play 2C, and the 2nd next year can help replenish the dismal prospect pool, and we shed 3M+ in cap space that we can reuse on Stone and Turris

I'm more interested in making hockey trades, not cap trades. And also, Bennett is playing better but takes stupid penalties and overall hasn't had a great start. Brassard is a good 1/2 centre. I don't think we should do it.
Dec. 14, 2017 at 6:55 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
We should make a team vision going forward... if we trade for Ekholm, we should shoot for playoffs, if we trade Chabot away and not the 1st then we should purposefully tank to get a High 1st

I don't think we should make the team wore just for a better pick.
Dec. 14, 2017 at 6:58 p.m.
I'm just trying to get on the same page RAIF... you should have a team vision but right now it just seems loose and not really laid out. You are kinda just going with the flow and holding out hope for a nothing team... We have a couple of good pieces, but not a Stanley cup roster
PrincessChloe and krakowitz liked this.
Dec. 14, 2017 at 7:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I'm just trying to get on the same page RAIF... you should have a team vision but right now it just seems loose and not really laid out. You are kinda just going with the flow and holding out hope for a nothing team... We have a couple of good pieces, but not a Stanley cup roster

To be honest i think we might want to skip making trades for the rest of December and see if the team is doing better, and if they still aren't, then we try to move out some pieces. Just one option though.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll