SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2018 World Juniors

Dec. 15, 2017 at 11:58 p.m.
Here is a link to the official Canada Roster. https://capfriendly.com/forums/thread/103094

Who was the biggest snub in your opinion?

Also, which team has the best shot at winning, who will be relegated and which team will surprise the most?
Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:31 a.m.
get ur corsi up
I was surprised to see Glass cut. I love the defense, in past years Canada has had great offence and weak defense which has lead to losses to the States. Carter Hart has not been playing his best for Canada in past years, but with that blue line I’d say Hart will be all out this year.

My biggest concern is the offence, it is undoubtedly strong but doesn’t have your: Dylan Strome’s, Mitch Marner’s, Connor McDavid’s, etc. Still this team definitely has the potential to win
Dec. 16, 2017 at 9:29 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
too many horrible cuts IMO: Glass Tippett and Suzuki all should have been on that post. Also I believe Dipietro should have been given more of a chance
Dec. 16, 2017 at 7:36 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Team USA is going to have a lot of familiar names (Brown, Bellows, Yamamoto, Frederic, Poehling, Jones, Norris, Oettinger, Tufte and Mittelstadt) and some guys who are going to be high picks this year (Tkachuk, Hughes). Only one of those guys is a defenseman, however. That's my biggest concern with them. Adam Fox is probably going to have to log a ton of minutes during the tournament.
Dec. 17, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
Team USA is going to have a lot of familiar names (Brown, Bellows, Yamamoto, Frederic, Poehling, Jones, Norris, Oettinger, Tufte and Mittelstadt) and some guys who are going to be high picks this year (Tkachuk, Hughes). Only one of those guys is a defenseman, however. That's my biggest concern with them. Adam Fox is probably going to have to log a ton of minutes during the tournament.

Oettinger will have some interesting competition this year with Swayman getting a look from Team USA. Kids a HUGE reason that Maine is even somewhat competitive this season. Recently he faced former finalist QU, and saw 54 SOG then 48 SOG the next night, picked up wins in both and managed just above a .930SV% to pick up two wins. Not sure if he'll take time away from Oett, but he'll make things interesting
Dec. 18, 2017 at 1:05 a.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Canada and the US will be in tough this year. Canada's forward group is severely lacking in firepower and the US defense is very thin.

I honestly think Sweden has the best team at this tournament. Even if Nylander isn't released, they still have tons of talent up front, Pettersson and Andersson could be the two best forwards at the tournament and Boqvist, Jonsson Fjalby, Soderlund and others are a great supporting cast. Filip Gustavsson will be solid in net and having Dahlin, Liljegren and Brannstrom on defense is just unfair.

Finland's defense with Juolevi, Heiskanen, Valimaki, Jokiharju, Vaakanainen, Salo and Rasanen is ridiculously good and they also have a ton of skill up front with Tolvanen, Vesalainen, Kuokkanen, Heponiemi, Ikonen and Kupari.

The Czech Republic also look to have one of the best teams they've had in years with Chytil, Necas Zadina and Safin up front. Their defense isn't great though.

MY PREDICTIONS (I am a Canadian and I will be cheering for them, but my predictions may be slightly influenced by the fact that I'm pissed at team Canada for cutting Kole Lind and Michael DiPietro):

GROUP A:
Finland beats Canada (OT)
United States beats Denmark
Canada beats Slovakia
Finland beats Denmark
United States beats Slovakia
Canada beats United States (OT)
Finland beats Slovakia
Canada beats Denmark
Finland beats United States
Slovakia beats Denmark

Finland: 11 points
Canada: 9 points
United States: 7 points
Slovakia: 3 points
Denmark: 0 points

GROUP B:
Czech Republic beats Russia (OT)
Sweden beats Belarus
Switzerland beats Belarus
Russia beats Switzerland
Sweden beats Czech Republic
Russia beats Belarus
Czech Republic beats Belarus
Sweden beats Switzerland
Czech Republic beats Switzerland
Sweden beats Russia

Sweden: 12 points
Czech Republic: 8 points
Russia: 7 points
Switzerland: 3 points
Belarus: 0 points

QUARTERFINALS:
Finland beats Switzerland
United States beats Czech Republic (OT)
Sweden beats Slovakia
Canada beats Russia

SEMIFINALS:
Sweden beats Canada

BRONZE:
United States beats Canada (OT)

FINAL:
Sweden beats Finland
Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:49 a.m.
Alex Nylander
Dec. 18, 2017 at 11:40 a.m.
Quoting: TonyStrecher
Canada and the US will be in tough this year. Canada's forward group is severely lacking in firepower and the US defense is very thin.

I honestly think Sweden has the best team at this tournament. Even if Nylander isn't released, they still have tons of talent up front, Pettersson and Andersson could be the two best forwards at the tournament and Boqvist, Jonsson Fjalby, Soderlund and others are a great supporting cast. Filip Gustavsson will be solid in net and having Dahlin, Liljegren and Brannstrom on defense is just unfair.

Finland's defense with Juolevi, Heiskanen, Valimaki, Jokiharju, Vaakanainen, Salo and Rasanen is ridiculously good and they also have a ton of skill up front with Tolvanen, Vesalainen, Kuokkanen, Heponiemi, Ikonen and Kupari.

The Czech Republic also look to have one of the best teams they've had in years with Chytil, Necas Zadina and Safin up front. Their defense isn't great though.

MY PREDICTIONS (I am a Canadian and I will be cheering for them, but my predictions may be slightly influenced by the fact that I'm pissed at team Canada for cutting Kole Lind and Michael DiPietro):

GROUP A:
Finland beats Canada (OT)
United States beats Denmark
Canada beats Slovakia
Finland beats Denmark
United States beats Slovakia
Canada beats United States (OT)
Finland beats Slovakia
Canada beats Denmark
Slovakia beats Denmark

Finland: 11 points
Canada: 9 points
United States: 7 points
Slovakia: 3 points
Denmark: 0 points

GROUP B:
Czech Republic beats Russia (OT)
Sweden beats Belarus
Switzerland beats Belarus
Russia beats Switzerland
Sweden beats Czech Republic
Russia beats Belarus
Czech Republic beats Belarus
Sweden beats Switzerland
Czech Republic beats Switzerland
Sweden beats Russia

Sweden: 12 points
Czech Republic: 8 points
Russia: 7 points
Switzerland: 3 points
Belarus: 0 points

QUARTERFINALS:
Finland beats Switzerland
United States beats Czech Republic (OT)
Sweden beats Slovakia
Canada beats Russia

SEMIFINALS:
Sweden beats Canada

BRONZE:
United States beats Canada (OT)

FINAL:
Sweden beats Finland

I'm not smile

Denmark could make the quarters again. Don't doubt em
Dec. 18, 2017 at 11:48 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Canada
Finland
USA
Slovakia
Denmark

Sweden
Russia
Czech
Switzerland
Belarus

Canada beats Switzerland
Finland beats Czech
USA beats Russia
Sweden beats Slovakia

Canada beats USA OT
Sweden beats Finland

Bronze:
USA beats Finland

Gold:
Sweden beats Canada
Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:16 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Sweden seems to be like the Washington Capitals of the WJC. Always has a team that should win gold, yet they can't win gold (or recently, can't even medal).
Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:33 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Sweden seems to be like the Washington Capitals of the WJC. Always has a team that should win gold, yet they can't win gold (or recently, can't even medal).

that is true. Yet this year they have too much star power up front and in the back to find a flaw in that team
Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:41 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93

that is true. Yet this year they have too much star power up front and in the back to find a flaw in that team

Wasn’t that the 2016-17 Washington Capitals?
Dec. 20, 2017 at 11:47 a.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Yes but did they have Rasmus Dahlin, Timothy Liljegren and Erik Brannstrom?
Dec. 20, 2017 at 12:36 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
Alex Nylander

That's Sweden. But he was still snubbed.
Dec. 25, 2017 at 6:07 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Final predictions before games start tomorrow?

Gold - USA
Silver - Canada
Bronze - Finland
Dec. 29, 2017 at 7:17 p.m.
Final predictions before games start tomorrow?

Gold - USA
Silver - Canada
Bronze - Finland

haha....good luck!!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll