SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

My crazy prediction that seemed the opposite of crazy coming into the season!

Dec. 27, 2017 at 10:56 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Vegas misses the playoffs. I think the Golden Knights are gonna play good for a bit longer and then really fall off. I think they'll come close but in the end i think they miss.
Dec. 27, 2017 at 12:13 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Have you watched a Vegas game this year?
Dec. 27, 2017 at 1:20 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Vegas misses the playoffs. I think the Golden Knights are gonna play good for a bit longer and then really fall off. I think they'll come close but in the end i think they miss.

How?!?!? You don't even watch hockey to be making a bold statement like that. You don't accidentally beat the best team in the league. You also, don'y accidentally win 20 games in your first season. Like it or not, this team is the real deal and they could be dangerous come playoff time, if they can get home ice.

It could possibly be one of the loudest arena's in the league. That is coming from Stammer and John Cooper.
Dec. 27, 2017 at 3:20 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
Have you watched a Vegas game this year?

Yeah, i did, but if they've done what they've done so far, they can obviously do the opposite in the 2nd half of the season. IMO they come close but i don't think they actually get in.
Dec. 27, 2017 at 3:49 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Yeah, i did, but if they've done what they've done so far, they can obviously do the opposite in the 2nd half of the season. IMO they come close but i don't think they actually get in.

Wait...so they can do something in the 2nd half because they did the opposite in the first half? So by that logic, Arizona’s going to make the playoffs, right?
Dec. 27, 2017 at 4:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
Wait...so they can do something in the 2nd half because they did the opposite in the first half? So by that logic, Arizona’s going to make the playoffs, right?

The Coyotes still have an okay chance at the playoffs, though i don't think it will happen.
Dec. 27, 2017 at 8:54 p.m.
"
The Coyotes still have an okay chance at the playoffs, though i don't think it will happen.

Mate you've cracked it.
Define "Okay chance." Arizona have to go on an absolute tear. They'd have to win at a 136 point pace to just scrape in. With the roster they've got how is that an ok chance?

With Vegas. I think the only way they miss the post season is if McPhee decides yo sell high on everyone and gut the roster for the sake of the three. I very much doubt this happens but he has done so crazy stuff.
Dec. 27, 2017 at 10:03 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I thought Vegas would be poor this season. Not only with their average talent, but because it was the first year the players were together. You would think there would be big "continuity" problems, playing together. And it think they were down to their fifth string goalie.
Dec. 27, 2017 at 10:44 p.m.

jackie-chan.jpg
Pasta88Sauce and TheTown liked this.
Dec. 27, 2017 at 11:53 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Jimmybooboo
"

Mate you've cracked it.
Define "Okay chance." Arizona have to go on an absolute tear. They'd have to win at a 136 point pace to just scrape in. With the roster they've got how is that an ok chance?

With Vegas. I think the only way they miss the post season is if McPhee decides yo sell high on everyone and gut the roster for the sake of the three. I very much doubt this happens but he has done so crazy stuff.

I mean we're still early enough in the season that pretty much any team could make it or miss it. Is it likely that the Yotes make it or that the Lightning miss? No, but there's still a chance.
By 'okay chance' i mean 10-15% or higher?
Dec. 28, 2017 at 7:51 a.m.
May contain nuts
I mean we're still early enough in the season that pretty much any team could make it or miss it. Is it likely that the Yotes make it or that the Lightning miss? No, but there's still a chance.
By 'okay chance' i mean 10-15% or higher?

I mean... we're approaching the point of no return. At some point, some teams are essentially a lock to make or miss it. It'd be very difficult for the Yotes to go on a long winning streak, and it would also be very difficult for the Knights or Lightning to go on a long losing streak. (Yes, it's very hard to lose a lot of games; this applies to many sports, as you'd expect NFL teams to go 0-16 more often.)
Dec. 28, 2017 at 11:10 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Icegirl
I mean... we're approaching the point of no return. At some point, some teams are essentially a lock to make or miss it. It'd be very difficult for the Yotes to go on a long winning streak, and it would also be very difficult for the Knights or Lightning to go on a long losing streak. (Yes, it's very hard to lose a lot of games; this applies to many sports, as you'd expect NFL teams to go 0-16 more often.)

We're not at that point yet though.
Dec. 29, 2017 at 7:10 p.m.

Ouch there's that fence post again!!!!!
Jan. 4, 2018 at 2:26 p.m.
Habs Fan
it Could Happen if Jonathan Marchessaut Gets injured
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jan. 26, 2018 at 12:33 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Still believe this to be true, @rangersandislesfan ??
Feb. 3, 2018 at 10:17 p.m.
HawksFan28

I had Vegas pegged as one of the best expansion teams in history, and bubble playoff team when I read the expansion draft rules..... The conditions were very favorable for them to have a playoff team right off the bat..

I didn't think they would be this dominate tho.

Think about what they have now, plus mountains of picks and prospects they have..... It's pretty scary. They could be a player or 2 away from a cup.... Then again this could just be a fluke considering no one expected much of them this year which was certainly enough to make the players play harder than usual. So next season there will be expectations to live up to.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll