SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

San Jose Sharks Management Thread

Dec. 27, 2017 at 12:34 p.m.
Go Jackets
Here’s where we can discuss possible trades and ideas for the Sharks GM Game team.
PrincessChloe and Missouri liked this.
Dec. 27, 2017 at 2:01 p.m.
I think you should trade Ottawa your best LHD prospect for some peanuts wink
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Dec. 27, 2017 at 3:11 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Quoting: jmac490

If we say yes can you throw in some cashews as well? LOL laugh Sticking Out Tongue
Dec. 27, 2017 at 3:13 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Hey Matt, I had posted this on my page awhile ago, I don't know If you had seen it. But I will be gone on vacation until the morning of December 30th.
Dec. 27, 2017 at 3:22 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Also, as AGM I am guessing my job is to find trade offers and prices on players from other teams.

So If you would like I will just keep talking to other teams asking prices on lots of players. Then I can post them on this thread, for you to see.

I can post stuff like this for example:

Price on Sidney Crosby = 3 1st round picks + Top Prospect.
Trade offer coming in from Toronto = Thorton @ 50% for Prospect.
Should we make a waivers claim on Joe Morrow?
Arizona is asking the price on Joe Thorton.
Calgary seems to have interest in John Gibson.

Then it makes your job a whole lot easier.
Dec. 27, 2017 at 3:23 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

jmac i don't think we should do this. We'd need a few 1sts and we could use some food for if we have to come in and take player's spots on the Senators (in the rare possibility that a whole bunch of guys get injured all in one game). Sticking Out Tongue
Dec. 27, 2017 at 5:50 p.m.
Go Jackets

Scott Harrington for Thomas Chabot, boom good doing business with you smile

Quoting: Missouri
Hey Matt, I had posted this on my page awhile ago, I don't know If you had seen it. But I will be gone on vacation until the morning of December 30th.

Yeah I think I remember seeing that, I won't be too busy on here so it works out well

Also, as AGM I am guessing my job is to find trade offers and prices on players from other teams.

So If you would like I will just keep talking to other teams asking prices on lots of players. Then I can post them on this thread, for you to see.

I can post stuff like this for example:

Price on Sidney Crosby = 3 1st round picks + Top Prospect.
Trade offer coming in from Toronto = Thorton @ 50% for Prospect.
Should we make a waivers claim on Joe Morrow?
Arizona is asking the price on Joe Thorton.
Calgary seems to have interest in John Gibson.

Then it makes your job a whole lot easier.

Sounds good. I'll also outline what the desired returns are, who's available and for what price etc.
Dec. 27, 2017 at 6:08 p.m.
Go Jackets
Completely Untouchable Until Further Notice:
John Gibson

Everyone Else I'll at least listen on, prospects are unlikely to be moved unless I'm impressed with the return. An impressive return would need to consist of either a better prospect or overwhelming draft pick return/ combo of the two. Players who are pending UFA are of primary importance to move. Looking for draft picks in return for pending UFAs. 2019 and 2020 picks are acceptable in certain cases. I currently have Justin Braun dangled as a possibility for a January trade, details will be ironed out more later.
Missouri liked this.
Dec. 28, 2017 at 11:55 p.m.
Go Jackets
As a heads up, Joel Eriksson Ek and Jake Bean are currently on the "will listen on" list. Odds are they won't be moved but I'm interested in at least hearing out offers for them. Ideally looking for a Possible young player with high upside swap.
Missouri liked this.
Dec. 30, 2017 at 4:36 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Edited Dec. 30, 2017 at 4:49 p.m.
Do you have any interest in claiming Blake Comeau on waivers?

Also do you have any interest in aquiring the large contract of Andrej Sekera. Or a LW like Marco Dano?
Dec. 31, 2017 at 12:34 a.m.
Go Jackets
Do you have any interest in claiming Blake Comeau on waivers?

Also do you have any interest in aquiring the large contract of Andrej Sekera. Or a LW like Marco Dano?

Not interested in claiming Comeau really, Sekera i wouldn’t want to give up assets to get. I have some interest in Marko Dano. He was always one of my favorites here in Columbus but sadly was traded away haha. Wouldn’t want to pay a steep price though as he’s not in the best situation for his play to improve right now.
Dec. 31, 2017 at 12:09 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Ok sounds good, We have also got 2 offers sent in from LA and Edmonton. They are on the Sharks page.

Here is the LA offer:
Quoting: jeplaza14
would Petersen + pick interest you for Eriksson Ek

Quoting: Ethereal
Would be interested in both Grabner and Hansen either together or seperately. From edmonton.

Kassian and Gudbranson for Grabner and Hansen base?
Jan. 1, 2018 at 7:24 p.m.
Go Jackets
Ok sounds good, We have also got 2 offers sent in from LA and Edmonton. They are on the Sharks page.

Here is the LA offer:

Missed the message yesterday but i addressed both deals individually already i think. Gonna pass on both I think.
Missouri liked this.
Jan. 1, 2018 at 7:36 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Edited Jan. 1, 2018 at 7:48 p.m.
Ya I agree. Also, Pittsburgh seems to have interest in Hansen. I will keep you posted on what he offers.

Another thing: Do you have any interest in Ryan Dzingel?
Jan. 1, 2018 at 8:18 p.m.
Go Jackets
Ya I agree. Also, Pittsburgh seems to have interest in Hansen. I will keep you posted on what he offers.

Another thing: Do you have any interest in Ryan Dzingel?

Re Hansen, sounds good

Not too interested in Dzingel no. He’s UFA in a couple of years and I’d prioritize Heed, Sorensen and Donskoi over him in signing so it doesn’t make sense to give up assets for him since we’re not trying to win now anyway
Missouri liked this.
Jan. 2, 2018 at 12:55 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Trade offer coming in from Boston:

San Jose: Seny+Kock
Bruins: Necas+Bean
Jan. 3, 2018 at 3:44 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
I think we should consider lowering the price on Michael Grabner, I had Toronto and St.Louis interested in him, but they said no after they had seen the asking price.
Jan. 5, 2018 at 12:04 a.m.
Go Jackets
I think we should consider lowering the price on Michael Grabner, I had Toronto and St.Louis interested in him, but they said no after they had seen the asking price.

Grabner is a guy we can hold until the trade deadline to maximize his value and then get whatever we can for him. So I'm not too concerned about the price as of now.
Missouri liked this.
Jan. 5, 2018 at 7:10 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Don't know if you are interested or not, but I just got the prices on Matheson, Caggiula and Severson from NJ.

Cagg=2nd+
Matheson=1st, JEk+, Bean, Necas+
Severson is slightly more than Matheson
Jan. 5, 2018 at 8:33 p.m.
Go Jackets
Don't know if you are interested or not, but I just got the prices on Matheson, Caggiula and Severson from NJ.

Cagg=2nd+
Matheson=1st, JEk+, Bean, Necas+
Severson is slightly more than Matheson

I think we should pass on all 3 of the Jersey guys. I’d rather stay patient and wait for the guys to develop into better players than move the prospects for roster improvements now. Because the ceilings of the prospects listed are all very high.
Missouri liked this.
Jan. 5, 2018 at 8:36 p.m.
Go Jackets
Also, Ottawa is interested in Hansen and i told him a 3rd round pick would be sufficient. Not gonna ask for much out of a 3rd line winger having a meh year. Also, for Michael Grabner i asked Ethan if Jared McCann would be a possible return. He’s a solid young player who hasn’t shown a ton yet, but i think he’s a good player with upside.
Jan. 5, 2018 at 8:55 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Quoting: matt59
Also, Ottawa is interested in Hansen and i told him a 3rd round pick would be sufficient. Not gonna ask for much out of a 3rd line winger having a meh year. Also, for Michael Grabner i asked Ethan if Jared McCann would be a possible return. He’s a solid young player who hasn’t shown a ton yet, but i think he’s a good player with upside.

Ya that looks great, If we can get a 3rd round pick out of Hansen we are doing very good! I like Jared McCann also, I just hope he isn't gonna continue this sophmore slump he has got himself into.
Jan. 5, 2018 at 8:57 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
I do hope that we can get something else thrown in along with Jared McCann just to sweeten the deal.
Jan. 6, 2018 at 10:45 a.m.
Go Jackets
Ya that looks great, If we can get a 3rd round pick out of Hansen we are doing very good! I like Jared McCann also, I just hope he isn't gonna continue this sophmore slump he has got himself into.

Grabner deal: i like McCann’s upside as he’s only 21 but there is still something to be desired out of his game. A 6th like i proposed balances the deal out pretty fairly imo.

Hansen: gonna try to meet in the middle with a 2018 4th. That at a minimum recoups the pick that we lost in acquiring Hansen to Vancouver.

Also, Sami Niku is a guy i think we should take a good look at. He doesn’t really fit into a rental deal but he’s a player i like a lot. Not sure about his NHL future but i think he’s a smart gamble.
Missouri liked this.
Jan. 6, 2018 at 10:50 a.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Quoting: matt59
Grabner deal: i like McCann’s upside as he’s only 21 but there is still something to be desired out of his game. A 6th like i proposed balances the deal out pretty fairly imo.

Hansen: gonna try to meet in the middle with a 2018 4th. That at a minimum recoups the pick that we lost in acquiring Hansen to Vancouver.

Also, Sami Niku is a guy i think we should take a good look at. He doesn’t really fit into a rental deal but he’s a player i like a lot. Not sure about his NHL future but i think he’s a smart gamble.

I agree on your both deals! I am most excited about the Grabner deal. I don't know much about Niku, but he is supposed to have a Top 6 potential and that can even increase so, I think it is safe to give him a shot!

If you like I can keep talking to TrueNorth (Jets GM) to see what kind of a deal he might offer towards us.
matt59 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll