SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

What is the Trade value of every Montreal Canadiens player ?

Dec. 30, 2017 at 10:20 p.m.
I just want to know your thoughts on the subjects. Which players should be the best trade assets for the Montreal Canadiens to get draft picks and prospects.
Here are my thoughts:
Jonathan Drouin: 5,5 M $ cap hit, 6 seasons. Untradable. Be patient with the kid.
Max Pacioretty: 4,5 M $ cap hit, 2 seasons. Best trade deadline or June asset. Can be traded for prospects and picks.
Tomas Plekanec: 6 M $ cap hit, 1 season. Trade deadline, retained salary, maybe. And even then a 4th line center at best for a Stanley cup contender.
Alex Galchenyuck: 4,9 M $ cap hit, 3 seasons. Still young. Will thrive if traded, WARNING !!!
Andrew Shaw: 3,9 M $ cap hit, 5 seasons. Too big of a contract to trade. At least, he's good at faceoffs.
Brendan Gallagher 3,75 M $ cap hit, 4 seasons. Heart and soul of the team. Keep him.
Paul Byron 1,17 M $ Cap hit, 2 seasons. Small depth forward, could attract some NHL teams, but i'm not sure about the return
Ales Hemsky, do we even need to talk about him. It's pretty clear it's his last season in the nhl.
Philipp Danault, Artturi Lehkonen and Charles Hudon should be kept at all costs.
And the other forwards, well, they are not trade assets
Now, let's move on to the defensemen:
Shea Weber: The damage has been done. Even though Toronto would be interested in him and Mike Babcock loves him
Jeff Petry: Too big of a contract
Karl Alzner: Buy him out in three years. No team is interested
David Schlemko: Moves out of every team in the Nhl, only defenseman who can be moved.
Jordie Benn: Trade him next year. He's still useful
Victor Mete: Keep him
Noah Julsen: Keep him
The other defensemen don't have trade value.
Now let's move onto goaltenders:
Well Charlie Lindgren is a good asset to trade. Antti Niemi should be put on waivers once Al Montoya comes back and Carey Price is too expensive.
Do you think that this is an accurate portrait of the situation in Montreal ?
Dec. 30, 2017 at 11:30 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Well, I don't think a minor league goalie, Lindgren has much trade value. All teams have minor league goalies. Look how little a waived young. NHL goalie, Pickard, good for the Avs.
Yes, Babcock (and many coaches) like Weber, Lou (and all GMs) don't want/like his contract.
But you're assessment of players seem to very accurate.
Dec. 30, 2017 at 11:47 p.m.
Habs fan French
I think if mtl retain 50% on pleky they can have a 2rd

Also without pleky the 2 player who have the most chance to go is Galchenyuk and Pacioretty
Dec. 31, 2017 at 3:10 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: palhal
Well, I don't think a minor league goalie, Lindgren has much trade value. All teams have minor league goalies. Look how little a waived young. NHL goalie, Pickard, good for the Avs.
Yes, Babcock (and many coaches) like Weber, Lou (and all GMs) don't want/like his contract.

Minor league goalie? Lindgren is only 24, which is young for a goalie. He’s shown he can hold his own in the NHL, so he’d be a good pickup for a team that could be looking for a guy with some starters’ potential, or at least become a serviceable backup. It’s not like he’s an AHL lifer.
Dec. 31, 2017 at 3:28 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Minor league goalie? Lindgren is only 24, which is young for a goalie. He’s shown he can hold his own in the NHL, so he’d be a good pickup for a team that could be looking for a guy with some starters’ potential, or at least become a serviceable backup. It’s not like he’s an AHL lifer.

Yes Lindgren has shown well is 11 NHL games, and pretty well is whole AHL career. I just saying he doesn't have that much value in an NHL trade. Would almost be better to hold him and play him more (if possible) to show true value to Canadians or other NHL teams.
Dec. 31, 2017 at 5:09 p.m.
Quoting: palhal

It was a joke. The Weber contract is untradable, and the Canadiens have to stick to it for as long as they possibly can. The Subban/Weber trade was not the best one, but i'm sure he will bounce back with a young left-handed defenseman once he gets out of that injury.
Dec. 31, 2017 at 11:09 p.m.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll