SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Ron Hainsey

Jan. 9, 2018 at 12:08 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
After watching the past couple Leaf games, I've been really impressed with Hainsey. He's basically playing 1:30 of a penalty kill it seems, and he's making a ton of smart moves in his own end. Really allows Rielly to jump into the offensive rush. Is he just playing particularly well right now, or has this been happening all season?
Jan. 9, 2018 at 10:00 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
He's been playing that way all season. Been the best Defensive D on Toronto.
Jan. 10, 2018 at 6:43 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Rielly, Hainsey, and sometimes Zaitsev are the only D-men I really trust on the Leafs. I like Dermott and Lijegren but they are still developing. Hainsey was brought in so Rielly could work on his offensive aspect of the game, while Hainsey could act as our shut down guy. I really like him, he’s one of the players that doesn’t do anything highlight worthy, but he always seems to make the right plays.
palhal and Jarvis liked this.
Jan. 10, 2018 at 7:23 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
@DarylthePony @Jarvis so what's the defenseman everybody wants the Leafs to target? From my understanding, they needed a shutdown guy. If it's Hainsey, what's the missing piece? Another Hainsey?
Jan. 10, 2018 at 7:46 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
@krakowitz Ive been hearing/seeing Gudbranson but I really hope thats just a rumour someone made up.

I have also seen Hjalmarsson, which is a bit risky. He hasn't played much due to concussions and other injuries this year. He also has 10 team trade list and making $4.1M this year and next. So it's unlikely.
I think we would need to find a better/cheaper rental but I dont think there are too many decent upcoming UFAs
Jan. 10, 2018 at 8:00 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: Jarvis
@krakowitz Ive been hearing/seeing Gudbranson but I really hope thats just a rumour someone made up.

I have also seen Hjalmarsson, which is a bit risky. He hasn't played much due to concussions and other injuries this year. He also has 10 team trade list and making $4.1M this year and next. So it's unlikely.
I think we would need to find a better/cheaper rental but I dont think there are too many decent upcoming UFAs

I also hope Gudbranson comes nowhere near Toronto haha. In a perfect world we acquire Doughty or OEL, unfortunetely those guys are going to need big money. So unless we are trading Nylander (which is a no for me) we need to acquire a cheap puck moving D-man. Gardiner+ would be good by me to acquire such a guy. However, if Dermott and Liljegren live up to their expectations a top four of: Rielly/Zaitsev/Dermott/Lijegren could be very effective.
Jan. 10, 2018 at 9:57 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: krakowitz
@DarylthePony @Jarvis so what's the defenseman everybody wants the Leafs to target? From my understanding, they needed a shutdown guy. If it's Hainsey, what's the missing piece? Another Hainsey?

Yea, having a another Hainsey would be ideal. But there are so few available and likely expensive. But on this site, everyone seems to think the Leafs defensemen are sooooo bad. I don't think that true, just about every team have bottom ending they would like to improve upon. As Jarvis said, there even won't be many good ones available as UFA.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs (have to) go with their current group this season. Next year, Reilly, Hainsey, Zaitsev, last year of Gardiner, Borgman and Dermot. Think the Leafs can live with that, especially if Borgman and Dermot progress. Summer of 2019, lots of UFA available (right now), maybe the Leafs make a jump, but maybe just go with their progressing group including Liljgren.
Watching the Leafs now, I wonder what became of their offensive prowess and the ability to play in the other teams zone....which was so prevalent last February to April.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll