Forums/St. Louis Blues

Deadline Options

What would you prefer the Blues do?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 27, 2018 at 12:35 a.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: AK_tune
Armstrong has talked about how the Blues are interested in competing now while also evaluating ways to keep the long-term strategy intact. So it sounds like he'd be open to moving a top prospect but only if he can find the right deal. Given the market options, do you think it would pay off to add a scoring forward to the current roster? What would be the cost? Just want to hear some opinions. @Turner33 @BluesBandit @LGBstl @Ktaaffe8 @Sicarius @BluesGetTheCup @Chopper02 @worcat @bjprice and whoever else I missed.

Let's Go BLUES

Well here we are... this thread didn't age well unsure

Think we still have a shot at the playoffs without Pauly?
Feb. 27, 2018 at 12:44 a.m.
Kevin T
Yes. This year seems so similar to last year. Make playoffs. Last maybe a round. I would like to see these lines (when healthy this season):

Schwartz-Schenn-Steen
Barbashev-Thompson-Tarasenko
Berglund-Sobotka-Jaskin
Upshall-Brodziak-Soshnikov

Edmundson-Petro
Bouw-parayko
Dunn-bortuzzo

Hutton- 70% (Allen 30%)

Could easily flip jaskin and soshnikov
Feb. 27, 2018 at 7:21 a.m.

Even with Stastny, based on the way we're playing I'd say no. Blues have a tough schedule down the stretch. Our next 10 games we face only 3 teams with sub-500 records and one of them is Chicago who always plays us tough (Rangers and Red Wings the other 2). The final 9 games we have Vancouver and Arizona with below 500 records, but we also play Columbus, San Jose, Vegas, Chicago x2, Washington, and Colorado. Not a good schedule
Feb. 27, 2018 at 9:32 a.m.
Team will probably win some games now that they are mad about Army selling when only 2 points out of playoff spot. We will fight till the last day and either barely squeak in or just miss the playoffs.
Feb. 27, 2018 at 9:40 a.m.
I'd like to see this from here:

Schwartz/Schenn/Barbashev
Soshnikov/Thompson/Tarasenko
Steen/Berglund/Sobotka
Upshall/Brodz/Jaskin
Feb. 27, 2018 at 9:58 a.m.

God I just don't see how....
With all the quit in the players, and now in management. Unless some of the kids can show up and push the team, I can't see it. At best they get some experience and exposure. Stock goes up for some moves on draft day!
#draftdaydougy
Feb. 28, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.
bjprice

Crap I missed the alert for this thread, good stuff.

I wish I could like buy GMDA a steak dinner and ask him a bunch of questions about this deadline. So the players had a meeting after loss number whatever a few days before the deadline. Stastny implied that he knew about this for days, and knew the team’s performance would determine the buy or sell at the deadline. (From his 7 minute interview on /r/hockey).

So does that mean that the whole team knew? At that team meeting did they tell the players as a group that the next games were going to decide on buying or selling? That would be a big kick in the nuts to go out and try (those 2 games were not bad, I think Stars and Sharks) but lose and thus lose your 2C. That’s the first thing I’d ask Doug - “Did the whole team know?”

And I wonder how the Senator’s negotiations went. I wonder if the EK rumors handcuffed the Senators into working through that instead of hammering something out for Hoffman. So that’s number 2.

Anyway, glad we didn’t move any prospects.

Now I sincerely hope we pull it together reallllly fast or drop in the standings to keep that Schenn 1st Fromm Philly until next year and go into this years draft with a lottery chance and 2 1st rounders, including a top 10, to lure somebody of big calibre to the team.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit