SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

What's up with David Booth?

Jan. 22, 2018 at 7:49 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Is this just me or does CF keep saying that David Booth is on waivers, or has been sent to the minors, but he's not. i always think he is cause CF says that but then i see he's playing. Again tonight, i saw him playing in the game against the Devils, though i believe CF says he was put on waivers in the last 24 hours, or at least some time recently and never said he was called up.
Jan. 22, 2018 at 7:56 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Is this just me or does CF keep saying that David Booth is on waivers, or has been sent to the minors, but he's not. i always think he is cause CF says that but then i see he's playing. Again tonight, i saw him playing in the game against the Devils, though i believe CF says he was put on waivers in the last 24 hours, or at least some time recently and never said he was called up.

What?
DragonRaptorHybrid liked this.
Jan. 22, 2018 at 8:09 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
You should know what the issue is with David Booth...Sticking Out Tongue
PrincessChloe liked this.
Jan. 22, 2018 at 8:29 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Being placed on waivers is not the same as being sent to the minors.

Sometimes, without any intention of sending the player to the minors, teams place players on waivers just to create roster flexibility
Jan. 23, 2018 at 10:51 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Jarvis
Being placed on waivers is not the same as being sent to the minors.

Sometimes, without any intention of sending the player to the minors, teams place players on waivers just to create roster flexibility

But if someone is placed on waivers, how do they know nobody is going to claim him during the game?
Jan. 23, 2018 at 11:52 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
But if someone is placed on waivers, how do they know nobody is going to claim him during the game?

That's not how it works. Claiming a player is not like a trade. If a team claims a player, it's announced the following day at 12pm. It gives all teams 24 hours to put in a claim. from the start of season to Sept 31, the team the lowest in the standings from the prior season has the higher waiver priority. From Nov 1 to end of year, waiver priority goes by the current standings. Meaning if Montreal, Toronto and Chicago were to all put in a claim for the player, Montreal would have the highest priority and claim the player because they are currently the lowest in the standings. If he clears waivers Detroit can move him up and down without requiring waivers for either 30 days on an NHL roster or 10 NHL games played- whichever comes first. After that he would require waivers again.
Jan. 23, 2018 at 12:57 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Jarvis
That's not how it works. Claiming a player is not like a trade. If a team claims a player, it's announced the following day at 12pm. It gives all teams 24 hours to put in a claim. from the start of season to Sept 31, the team the lowest in the standings from the prior season has the higher waiver priority. From Nov 1 to end of year, waiver priority goes by the current standings. Meaning if Montreal, Toronto and Chicago were to all put in a claim for the player, Montreal would have the highest priority and claim the player because they are currently the lowest in the standings. If he clears waivers Detroit can move him up and down without requiring waivers for either 30 days on an NHL roster or 10 NHL games played- whichever comes first. After that he would require waivers again.

ok thanks, i didn't know that, i thought it was announced right away. my mistake.
Jan. 23, 2018 at 1:40 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
ok thanks, i didn't know that, i thought it was announced right away. my mistake.

No problem!
Feb. 12, 2018 at 8:57 p.m.
What's up with David Booth?

He's doing good, thanks for asking
PrincessChloe, rangersandislesfan, Mr_cap and 3 others liked this.
Feb. 12, 2018 at 10:03 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: DavidBooth7
He's doing good, thanks for asking

The Return of Doctor David Bitc - er- Booth...
nobody and krakowitz liked this.
Feb. 12, 2018 at 10:30 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_cap

Eh I deserve it anyways squinty smile
Feb. 13, 2018 at 10:30 a.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: Mr_cap

Over/Under on how many days it takes for him to get banned again?
Feb. 13, 2018 at 11:06 a.m.
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Over/Under on how many days it takes for him to get banned again?

Nah this time we ain't getting banned again squinty smile

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll