Draft Class: 2018
Created By: DUgoalie09
Published: Feb. 2, 2018 at 9:43 a.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks
  2. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes
  3. Logo of the New York RangersNew York Rangers
Feb. 3, 2018 at 12:47 a.m.
New York islanders really need RD to lean on in the future, or a nice shut down LD, so I don’t think they pick a forward, I think Dobson is a perfect pick. Besides, Kupari shouldn’t be a top 10 pick anyways, after that pointless WJC and not producing much in the Liiga like his countryman Koktaniemi is doin, but he’s such a skilled player. Also Merkley’s Defensive game alone and rumored locker room character has him being the darkhorse of the 2018 draft, don’t see top 10 pick for him by any means. Elite offense, speed, IQ, agile, will get him 15-45, he’s just not good with his stick, loses battles, needs to work on defending odd man rushes, being on a bad team isn’t helping him. Reminds me so much of a young PK Subban, but could end up being a Ryan Murphy, who knows.
Feb. 3, 2018 at 8:33 a.m.
University of Denver
Quoting: FullSend
New York islanders really need RD to lean on in the future, or a nice shut down LD, so I don’t think they pick a forward, I think Dobson is a perfect pick. Besides, Kupari shouldn’t be a top 10 pick anyways, after that pointless WJC and not producing much in the Liiga like his countryman Koktaniemi is doin, but he’s such a skilled player. Also Merkley’s Defensive game alone and rumored locker room character has him being the darkhorse of the 2018 draft, don’t see top 10 pick for him by any means. Elite offense, speed, IQ, agile, will get him 15-45, he’s just not good with his stick, loses battles, needs to work on defending odd man rushes, being on a bad team isn’t helping him. Reminds me so much of a young PK Subban, but could end up being a Ryan Murphy, who knows.

Thanks for the comments. Good insight. Appreciate it. I actually was in debate about both picks you mentioned, so I totally agree. My obvious wild card is Tampa at 31 with Slava Demin. I'm sure he won't end up going in the first round, but with the recent success of both the University of Denver and Jim Montgomery players (Danton Heinen, Will Butcher, Henrik Borgstrom, Troy Terry, Dylan Gambrell, Ian Mitchell), I think he's an interesting wildcard. He was also ranking 32 for NA Skaters in the mid terms.
Feb. 3, 2018 at 7:41 p.m.
Quoting: DUgoalie09
Thanks for the comments. Good insight. Appreciate it. I actually was in debate about both picks you mentioned, so I totally agree. My obvious wild card is Tampa at 31 with Slava Demin. I'm sure he won't end up going in the first round, but with the recent success of both the University of Denver and Jim Montgomery players (Danton Heinen, Will Butcher, Henrik Borgstrom, Troy Terry, Dylan Gambrell, Ian Mitchell), I think he's an interesting wildcard. He was also ranking 32 for NA Skaters in the mid terms.

Wild Card for sure, I can almost see him be picked by one of the California teams, where he’s from.
DUgoalie09 liked this.
Feb. 5, 2018 at 9:03 a.m.
University of Denver
Quoting: FullSend
Wild Card for sure, I can almost see him be picked by one of the California teams, where he’s from.

I could see that. I just think that might be too early. But then again, Henrik Borgstrom was ranked as a 2nd rounder and he went to Florida at 23 in 2016 and he could win the Hobey Baker this year.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll