SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Real life trades vs. GM game/trade ideas and real trades

Feb. 14, 2018 at 8:26 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
On Armchair-GM, are trades being added if they were made in real life after the team was made? On my Ottawa GM Game page, it shows Phaneuf as only having a 5.25M cap hit (plus it says i retained salary), though it would be better if it showed his real contract. It's not a big deal but i believe this stuff has been happening in the GM Game quite a bit, though the GM Game ignores real life trades.
Feb. 14, 2018 at 8:28 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
On Armchair-GM, are trades being added if they were made in real life after the team was made? On my Ottawa GM Game page, it shows Phaneuf as only having a 5.25M cap hit (plus it says i retained salary), though it would be better if it showed his real contract. It's not a big deal but i believe this stuff has been happening in the GM Game quite a bit, though the GM Game ignores real life trades.

We knew this from V1. It requires creative corrections when necessary.
Feb. 14, 2018 at 8:30 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: ricochetii

yeah, i know, but the problem for me is that i can't get rid of the retained salary on Phaneuf.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 2:11 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
@phillyjabroni @Bo53Horvat @Jacketsman61

Quoting: ricochetii

Quoting: rangersandislesfan
yeah, i know, but the problem for me is that i can't get rid of the retained salary on Phaneuf.

Yes, we are aware of these issues, we have begun the major "behind-the-hood" update of Armchair-GM that was mentioned a while ago.

This update will take plenty of time, as significant testing, and allowing the update to be backwards compatible will require significant resources. The goal is to completely decouple armchair-gm teams from the actual roster, so the only connection to the actual team is the roster when it is first created, and afterwards any changes to the actual team have no bearing on your armchair-gm teams.

The reason I am telling you and the BOE this, is if you run into additional issues such as the retained salary one, please inform us so that we fix it during this big update.
ricochetii and F50marco liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll