Forums/Armchair-GM

Deadline McDonagh and Maroon

Created by: Klew
Team: 2017-18 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 6, 2018
Published: Feb. 15, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
NYR get a young USA Center, A big skilled young wing, plus a shut down USA defenseman. Strengthening all areas. Plus a 1st Round Pick (Likely between 20th-30th)
Might have to sweeten this deal let me know.
Edmonton been criticised for being too slow, shipping out Maroon for Vatrano is a speed change. Plus if Vatrano can regain some confidence he could be a 15-20 goal NHL man.

Bruins get an heir to Chara + a more physical nasty winger to move up and down the line up depending on match up.
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Donato, Ryan
3$925,000
Trades
NYR
  1. Donato, Ryan
  2. Cehlárik, Peter
  3. 2018 1st round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
Ryan Lindgren (D)
EDM
  1. Vatrano, Frank
  2. 2018 3rd round pick (BOS)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$75,000,000$74,259,168$0$1,007,500$740,832
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 8
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,825,000$2,825,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$872,500$872,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 1
$808,750$808,750
C, LW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,700,000$4,700,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$789,167$789,167 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
RD
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$858,750$858,750
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:13 p.m.
Quoting: dragonlocks
I think GrizzlyNYR has left the conversation... either that or he's watching game films trying to find holes in Carlo's game so he can come back with something intelligent to say...

It's funny how "willingness" only = value in this conversation if you're a NYR fan.

Well where I was going is that's exactly how B's fans feel about McDonagh. Its not that we don't want him, its just that he's not a need so we wouldn't be looking to pay the premium for him.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:19 p.m.
Sergeant
Quoting: ON3M4N
Well where I was going is that's exactly how B's fans feel about McDonagh. Its not that we don't want him, its just that he's not a need so we wouldn't be looking to pay the premium for him.

I saw where you were going to go with it. That's the point I've been trying to make the last couple of days. I don't think NYR and BOS are good trade partners because of this. Heinen/Carlo/Debrusk hold value just like Nash/McDonagh/Grabner because they all essentially fill the same roles and we have those holes plugged already there's no necessity to trade lowering the value for each party. Because of this NYR could go to someone else and get a much better bid for the same guys. Dealing with us doesn't make sense unless they want to deal for picks/prospects in which case we have plenty.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:23 p.m.
I saw where you were going to go with it. That's the point I've been trying to make the last couple of days. I don't think NYR and BOS are good trade partners because of this. Heinen/Carlo/Debrusk hold value just like Nash/McDonagh/Grabner because they all essentially fill the same roles and we have those holes plugged already there's no necessity to trade lowering the value for each party. Because of this NYR could go to someone else and get a much better bid for the same guys. Dealing with us doesn't make sense unless they want to deal for picks/prospects in which case we have plenty.

Or wait till the off-season. I have no issue trading Carlo for McDonagh, but I'd hope that the next move is moving Krug in a deal with the end goal to acquire someone like Trouba.

Chara - McAvoy
McDonagh - Trouba

^That's an interesting top 4
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:26 p.m.
Frederic at minimum has another year in NCAA and then will need a year or two in the AHL: ETA 3 years
Studnicka will be in OHL next year and then a year (maybe 2) in the AHL; ETA 2-3 years
JFK is already in the AHL and should make the big club next year: ETA 1 year

Donato could step in the same time as JFK or maybe the following season (get a year in the AHL), so I don't see an issue. Bergeron & Krejci won't be around forever and these guy will slide in as they exit.

That's fair, the projection for Studnicka and Frederic are a bit longer and by that point we can assume Krejci will have finished his contract and go back to Czech like he mentioned either last summer or the summer before. Just looking at it from Donato's standpoint, there's going to be teams lined up offering him a spot in the NHL from the start. Will just come down to what he wants more.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyRebound
That's fair, the projection for Studnicka and Frederic are a bit longer and by that point we can assume Krejci will have finished his contract and go back to Czech like he mentioned either last summer or the summer before. Just looking at it from Donato's standpoint, there's going to be teams lined up offering him a spot in the NHL from the start. Will just come down to what he wants more.

Boston could offer him a spot in the NHL right now. Nash is a UFA at the end of the season and the 4th line could use a little more scoring depth. Kuraly's been good, but nothing earth shattering.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:39 p.m.
Sergeant
Or wait till the off-season. I have no issue trading Carlo for McDonagh, but I'd hope that the next move is moving Krug in a deal with the end goal to acquire someone like Trouba.

Chara - McAvoy
McDonagh - Trouba

^That's an interesting top 4

We're going to need to move some pieces in the summer in preparation for the 2019/2020 season. We'll have a few contracts that need signing that season and unless we want to be stuck behind the 8 ball we need to start working it in the summer. I know a lot will depend on player development, so it's kind of tough to predict, but I have no problem trading Carlo either, and if by the grace of God we do bring home Lord Stanley, Carlo's stock should be at an all time high. I wouldn't be opposed to going after OEL in the off season either. I think OEL-McAvoy would make a killer top pairing. But we'll have to see what we can do with contracts. Spooner's will be interesting; I wonder if they will use it to move up in the draft. Beleskey's will be interesting; it will either be dealt or bought out. Chara's will be interesting if we get a guy like OEL or McDonagh we will still have the room to extend him for a year, but do we do it? Nash will be due for a raise; I can see them keeping him around. I can also see them letting him walk, depending on if they feel like some of the younger guys are ready to step up. Our whole bottom line needs to be resigned; does this happen, or do they look outside for depth players? There's going to be a lot going on this offseason. Regardless if we win the Cup or not, our phones will be busy on draft day.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:48 p.m.
We're going to need to move some pieces in the summer in preparation for the 2019/2020 season. We'll have a few contracts that need signing that season and unless we want to be stuck behind the 8 ball we need to start working it in the summer. I know a lot will depend on player development, so it's kind of tough to predict, but I have no problem trading Carlo either, and if by the grace of God we do bring home Lord Stanley, Carlo's stock should be at an all time high. I wouldn't be opposed to going after OEL in the off season either. I think OEL-McAvoy would make a killer top pairing. But we'll have to see what we can do with contracts. Spooner's will be interesting; I wonder if they will use it to move up in the draft. Beleskey's will be interesting; it will either be dealt or bought out. Chara's will be interesting if we get a guy like OEL or McDonagh we will still have the room to extend him for a year, but do we do it? Nash will be due for a raise; I can see them keeping him around. I can also see them letting him walk, depending on if they feel like some of the younger guys are ready to step up. Our whole bottom line needs to be resigned; does this happen, or do they look outside for depth players? There's going to be a lot going on this offseason. Regardless if we win the Cup or not, our phones will be busy on draft day.

There are so many different directions that you can go its actually sickening lol. The newest one I keep looking at is something like....

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Bjork
Heinen - JFK - Backes
Schaller - Donato - Acciari

I think Nash gets better offers elsewhere and takes it. I'd love to have him back, but in a 4th line capacity.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:55 p.m.
Sergeant
There are so many different directions that you can go its actually sickening lol. The newest one I keep looking at is something like....

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Bjork
Heinen - JFK - Backes
Schaller - Donato - Acciari

I think Nash gets better offers elsewhere and takes it. I'd love to have him back, but in a 4th line capacity.

I agree; I think Boston will be able to give him (Nash) a competitive offer in price but not in term. I think he'll take a bigger contract elsewhere. Spooner I think will be used to move up in the draft. Chara I think gets a 1 year extension. I like those lines though, they don't look bad to start the season.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 2:01 p.m.
I agree; I think Boston will be able to give him (Nash) a competitive offer in price but not in term. I think he'll take a bigger contract elsewhere. Spooner I think will be used to move up in the draft. Chara I think gets a 1 year extension. I like those lines though, they don't look bad to start the season.

Spooner is a wild card IMO. I think his next contract makes it hard for Boston to keep him, but I also don't know that teams aren't wary of him reverting to the old Spooner. I guess it comes down to cost of contract and if Spooner still wants to be a centerman. Vancouver still stick out as a landing spot for me, but we'll see.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 2:11 p.m.
FIRE SALE
I think GrizzlyNYR has left the conversation... either that or he's watching game films trying to find holes in Carlo's game so he can come back with something intelligent to say...

or maybe because I have other things to do with my life?

Overated and overvalued, two different things that I mixed up. I apologize

Most bruins fans I’ve interacted with seem to think Carlo is a “center piece” for the trade and think that on his own (with a pick) he could fetch MacD. Which I disagree with, I just don’t want this to turn into an Adam Larsson situation.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 3:11 p.m.
Sergeant
Quoting: GrizzlyNYR

from what I've heard the demands were always Carlo, 1st 2018, and Senyshyn or Zboril (which is too much imo) I think it's better left if the NYR and BOS don't do business...
Feb. 15, 2018 at 5:08 p.m.
Quoting: Root
Thats a BIG no from the Rangers.

Big no from the Bruins too.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll