Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
RW, C
UFA - 2
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
LW, C
NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Sikura, Dylan
$975,000$975,000
$717,500$717,500 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$650,000$650,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LD, LW
UFA - 1
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 5
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$750,833$750,833 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$650,000$650,000
LD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,275,000$5,275,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$650,000$650,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 15, 2018 at 11:46 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Anisimov has more value IMO
Feb. 15, 2018 at 11:47 a.m.
Sergeant
Would you be interested in dealing with Boston...

I'd give you a better return on Kempny and would be interested to see if there is anything you'd take for Hartman?
Feb. 15, 2018 at 11:50 a.m.
exo2769
Quoting: dragonlocks

I'd give you a better return on Kempny and would be interested to see if there is anything you'd take for Hartman?

If your opinion what would it take for Zbroil out of the Hawks players?...attempting to fit CHI TDL available players...
Feb. 15, 2018 at 11:55 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Anisimov has more value IMO

Then the 2nd would change to a first. I doubt any roster player would come back but could be wrong. Not really sure what PIT has. Just know they've been looking at upgrading 3C
Feb. 15, 2018 at 11:56 a.m.
Quoting: dragonlocks

Not really sure what BOS has. Obviously I would be open to packaging them together but that would take multiple picks in Rds. 3-6 or a puck-moving D with term and a pick
Feb. 15, 2018 at 12:00 p.m.
Sergeant
Quoting: exo2769
If your opinion what would it take for Zbroil out of the Hawks players?...attempting to fit CHI TDL available players...

I think CHI makes way more sense to the Bruins than NYR. 1) Chicago is out of Conference. 2) Grabner can only play wing/Hartman can play all 3 forward positions 3) We are performing as the hottest team in the league right now we don't need an earth shaking blockbuster trade, we just need some extra depth. 4) We need a team that would be willing to trade for prospects/picks not tear down our roster (we want to add to not change or take away) 4) On defense we have a ton of LHD in the system they're just not NHL ready; we need a rental that can fill in in case of injury or suspension.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Zboril trade, and I wouldn't be opposed to a 6th 2018 for Kempny or even a 5th 2019 for Kempny. I think those are both reasonable offers.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 12:48 p.m.
DontToewsMe19
I like the ideas, but I’d keep Wingels, get a first for Arty, a little more for Kempny. The Seabrook Trade isn’t bad, I just don’t see a reason to do it.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:04 p.m.
Quoting: DontToewsMe19
I like the ideas, but I’d keep Wingels, get a first for Arty, a little more for Kempny. The Seabrook Trade isn’t bad, I just don’t see a reason to do it.

Wingels wants to be in CHI so they can get a pick and then resign him in the summer. By offloading Seabs you open a spot for a free agent signing in the summer (Carlson or de Haan). The backend becomes more mobile. Plus even though Ryan has a higher cap hit, he's signed for 1 less year. First for Arty sounds like a given at this point (hopefully someone overpays).
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:39 p.m.
exo2769
Quoting: ckleiner21
Wingels wants to be in CHI so they can get a pick and then resign him in the summer. By offloading Seabs you open a spot for a free agent signing in the summer (Carlson or de Haan). The backend becomes more mobile. Plus even though Ryan has a higher cap hit, he's signed for 1 less year. First for Arty sounds like a given at this point (hopefully someone overpays).

Why would Seabrook do this? He has a FULL NMC and just build a new house in Chicago. To players these are very personal decisions. His kids/wife move, etc... Is the value there, sure, but I'm sorry to say I just don't see that trade as realistic. It's not like he can turn to his family and say it's a reason regarding winning.
polyidos liked this.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:46 p.m.
Seabrook and Anisimov both have NMCs. I don't think either one of them will waive them unless they're moving to a team with a long window of contention or closer to their offseason home. Anisimov might approve a trade to a contender like Pittsburgh. After this season, Anisimov's NMC becomes a NTC with a 10 team list that he has to submit - I don't know if that starts during the summer or after the 2018-19 season starts though. I think he's more likely traded sometime after this season.

Seabrook isn't going anywhere. His contract is too long and big to move without the Blackhawks retaining salary and I think they're more likely to wait until there's a lockout and another compliance buyout is added to the new deal, then, buy out the rest of his deal. Hopefully, Seabrook recognizes the deterioration of his skills and retires on his own within the next couple years before the Blackhawks have to resign some of their younger players so none of his salary counts against the cap.

I think the Blackhawks should get whatever they can for Bouma, Wingels, and Kempny. Patrick Sharp isn't going to help anyone in the playoffs so he'll end his career with his last game in a Blackhawks uniform this season. Reset with some younger players including Sikura and resigning Hartman and Duclair and give it another try next season.
exo2769 liked this.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:49 p.m.
Quoting: exo2769
Why would Seabrook do this? He has a FULL NMC and just build a new house in Chicago. To players these are very personal decisions. His kids/wife move, etc... Is the value there, sure, but I'm sorry to say I just don't see that trade as realistic. It's not like he can turn to his family and say it's a reason regarding winning.

This is a great point! I had no idea that he had just built a house in Chicago. I would completely agree that it is not a realistic trade. I missed on that one for sure. Do you think he would accept a trade to VAN? Or maybe SEA when they enter the league? Would he be so fed up with the locker room that he would actually think about waiving?
exo2769 liked this.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:52 p.m.
exo2769
Quoting: polyidos
Seabrook and Anisimov both have NMCs. I don't think either one of them will waive them unless they're moving to a team with a long window of contention or closer to their offseason home. Anisimov might approve a trade to a contender like Pittsburgh. After this season, Anisimov's NMC becomes a NTC with a 10 team list that he has to submit - I don't know if that starts during the summer or after the 2018-19 season starts though. I think he's more likely traded sometime after this season.

Seabrook isn't going anywhere. His contract is too long and big to move without the Blackhawks retaining salary and I think they're more likely to wait until there's a lockout and another compliance buyout is added to the new deal, then, buy out the rest of his deal. Hopefully, Seabrook recognizes the deterioration of his skills and retires on his own within the next couple years before the Blackhawks have to resign some of their younger players so none of his salary counts against the cap.

I think the Blackhawks should get whatever they can for Bouma, Wingels, and Kempny. Patrick Sharp isn't going to help anyone in the playoffs so he'll end his career with his last game in a Blackhawks uniform this season. Reset with some younger players including Sikura and resigning Hartman and Duclair and give it another try next season.

I hear ya on the compliance buyout! As far as his retirement...would you leave that money on the table? Unless my health was in danger...um yeah I'll take and extra $4.5M! I may never get another chance to make that kind of money.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:53 p.m.
exo2769
This is a great point! I had no idea that he had just built a house in Chicago. I would completely agree that it is not a realistic trade. I missed on that one for sure. Do you think he would accept a trade to VAN? Or maybe SEA when they enter the league? Would he be so fed up with the locker room that he would actually think about waiving?

I've been on the band wagon that at some point he will accept a trade to VAN...Seattle i guess maybe if that comes to fruition. But even that's a maybe. Helps solve the family issue for sure.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:58 p.m.

This is absolutely a valid point. His contract is an albatross. I was trying to find someone with a similar contract and Bobby Ryan is what I came up with. I was just thinking if you could move him that opens up space for a puck moving d-man. Obviously you can open up spots by trading any of Kempny, Rutta and/of Gustafsson. As for retirement, would they be on the hook for any remaining salary? I'm not positive on how that works, if he retires with years left on his contract.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 4:28 p.m.
HawksFan28
Kempny is worth at least a 3rd.

Hartman is worth a 1st.

Anisimov is worth a 1st + 2nd (or good prospect) and a conditional 2nd round pick depending on where the team acquiring him finishes in the playoffs.

Bowman really has no reason at all to trade Anisimov or Hartman, so Bowman would be better off getting what he demands not what is offered.

I could envision Bowman taking whatever he can get for Bouma, Wingels, and Sharp tho...
polyidos liked this.
Feb. 15, 2018 at 8:57 p.m.
DontToewsMe19

No body wants Seabrook though. It would be nice if we could trade him.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 12:42 p.m.
Quoting: HawksFan28
Kempny is worth at least a 3rd.

Hartman is worth a 1st.

Anisimov is worth a 1st + 2nd (or good prospect) and a conditional 2nd round pick depending on where the team acquiring him finishes in the playoffs.

Bowman really has no reason at all to trade Anisimov or Hartman, so Bowman would be better off getting what he demands not what is offered.

I could envision Bowman taking whatever he can get for Bouma, Wingels, and Sharp tho...

Accurate! A 3rd round pick is what they got for Kempny. I agree with the valuations for the others. I think Hartman will be back next season. He'll likely be signed to a 2 year bridge deal, lower end too, because he had a bad year after a great year, and it would have been higher if those were reversed.
HawksFan28 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 12:51 p.m.
This is absolutely a valid point. His contract is an albatross. I was trying to find someone with a similar contract and Bobby Ryan is what I came up with. I was just thinking if you could move him that opens up space for a puck moving d-man. Obviously you can open up spots by trading any of Kempny, Rutta and/of Gustafsson. As for retirement, would they be on the hook for any remaining salary? I'm not positive on how that works, if he retires with years left on his contract.

Seabrook's contract was signed after the lock out so his contract would NOT be a part of the cap recapture penalty. If there's any crazy way of looking at Seabrook's contract as a positive, it's that the Blackhawks will actually be off the hook for the rest of his contract if he retires early. So, if Seabrook retired early, they'll actually pay him less than they would have if his contract had been shorter term with higher per year salary. I doubt that was a part of the thinking (it's rumored John McDonough stepped into the negotiations for Seabrook's contract and gave him more money at max term, 8 years, when Bowman wouldn't have) when they resigned him but it would be a shrewd way of manipulating the cap if you have a secret verbal agreement with a player to retire early and still be employed by the team. There was likely some sort of veiled discussion like this surrounding Hossa's "medically necessary retirement". It greatly benefitted the Blackhawks against the cap to be able to have Hossa go on LTIR. I think both Hossa and Seabrook are grateful to the Blackhawks and would help the team in such a way. They'll be legends in Chicago for the rest of their lives.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 3:12 p.m.
HawksFan28
Accurate! A 3rd round pick is what they got for Kempny. I agree with the valuations for the others. I think Hartman will be back next season. He'll likely be signed to a 2 year bridge deal, lower end too, because he had a bad year after a great year, and it would have been higher if those were reversed.

Yea, I don't see Hartman getting anymore than 1.75-2 per on a bridge deal, which is fine with me.. I mean, if he wanted to sign a 2.5 per 8 year deal then I would do that too but I highly doubt Hartman would.... Also, I don't see a team throwing an offer sheet at him so there is no concern there.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll