SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

Heard something new . . . might not come true but who knows.

Feb. 17, 2018 at 10:42 p.m.
Lafreniere
I heard JR prefers getting a right handed centerman, aka Ryan or Letestu.

Take the word “prefers” into account here. Doesn’t mean JR will, but he just prefers to.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:32 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
R. Strome ??
Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:41 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Plekanec is left handed
Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:44 p.m.
Lafreniere
Quoting: Sidstick87
R. Strome ??

Possibly. I’ve heard a lot about Derek Ryan recently. ...

Quoting: Blazingbat11
Plekanec is left handed

Huh, I learn something new each day.

I was speculating on names of course, but I could almost swear that Plekanec was right handed.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:56 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
Pleks is a Lefty..... I really like Ryan tho, imo hed be a good mix with Sheahan.... 1 - 3c for Offensive draws, 1- 3c for defensive draws..... + could get another winger too along with Ryan

But I think Strome would thrive here too
Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:57 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: ShafferPens

I was speculating on names of course, but I could almost swear that Plekanec was right handed.

Tomas-Plekanec-1.jpg?resize=575%2C431&ssl=1

Always been a lefty smile
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 2:16 p.m.
Lafreniere
Tomas-Plekanec-1.jpg?resize=575%2C431&ssl=1

Always been a lefty smile

I don’t know why I thought he was a righty laugh
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 2:19 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
And I'm not trying to slight you in any way. But you do claim to have insider information. When someone does this 1 of 2 things have to be declared (not both) to legitimize your claims. 1) name your sources. 2) Show you're credentials.

so let's just say you are a reporter (just an example). your name would count as credentials to legitimize or make it believable that you can have internal sources. In this case, keeping your sources anonymous then becomes acceptable.
If you're an average fan and don't want people to know who you are, then the only way to legitimize you're claims is to name your sources. it's literally the only thing that makes your claims believable.

So if you have to keep your identity secret, and also keep you're sources anonymous. Then there's really no point at saying you have insider information at all. Because for all we know, you're just a guy making false claims for attention. You might not be, but I personally can't in good conscious believe you "heard something new" unless you can prove it.

Just my take on this. Not trying to offend.
A_K liked this.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 2:25 p.m.
Lafreniere
And I'm not trying to slight you in any way. But you do claim to have insider information. When someone does this 1 of 2 things have to be declared (not both) to legitimize your claims. 1) name your sources. 2) Show you're credentials.

so let's just say you are a reporter (just an example). your name would count as credentials to legitimize or make it believable that you can have internal sources. In this case, keeping your sources anonymous then becomes acceptable.
If you're an average fan and don't want people to know who you are, then the only way to legitimize you're claims is to name your sources. it's literally the only thing that makes your claims believable.

So if you have to keep your identity secret, and also keep you're sources anonymous. Then there's really no point at saying you have insider information at all. Because for all we know, you're just a guy making false claims for attention. You might not be, but I personally can't in good conscious believe you "heard something new" unless you can prove it.

Just my take on this. Not trying to offend.

My information is correct. It comes out a day or two before the TSN reporters report it. I’m not giving out my source, but my information can speak for itself.

BTW, my source is retiring at the end of the season, sadly.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 2:40 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Plekanec does flip his grip to take right handed draws, maybe that's why.
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 2:45 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Edited Feb. 18, 2018 at 3:06 p.m.
My information is correct. It comes out a day or two before the TSN reporters report it. I’m not giving out my source, but my information can speak for itself.

BTW, my source is retiring at the end of the season, sadly.

again, this answer does absolutely nothing. If you work at TSN or are family member or even a friend of someone who works there, why not just say who? it would instantly give valid reasoning that your claims are substantial, and there would still be no harm to whatever source is giving information.

So like I said, If you can't say who you are (or who you're affiliated with), or can't give your sources. Then there's just no point to claim you have insider info at all. there's no basis of proof

look, i'll do it.

Breaking news!!! My sources tell me that PHI and MTL are in the final discussions to trade Neimi to the Flyers. stay tuned!
Feb. 18, 2018 at 3:09 p.m.
Lafreniere
again, this answer does absolutely nothing. If you work at TSN or are family member or even a friend of someone who works there, why not just say who? it would instantly give valid reasoning that your claims are substantial, and there would still be no harm to whatever source is giving information.

So like I said, If you can't say who you are (or who you're affiliated with), or can't give your sources. Then there's just no point to claim you have insider info at all. there's no basis of proof

look, i'll do it.

Breaking news!!! My sources tell me that PHI and MTL are in the final discussions to trade Neimi to the Flyers. stay tuned!

Like his identity or how he is my source? Because it’s a friend of mine.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 3:15 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Like his identity or how he is my source? Because it’s a friend of mine.

both work. putting a name (especially one who's in the hockey / reporting business) next to your claims add weight to their legitimacy.

I'll give you a good example. Here's my claim:

Flyers are seriously considering acquiring a backup goaltender, but don't want to give up much.

here's my source

Feb. 18, 2018 at 3:20 p.m.
Lafreniere
both work. putting a name (especially one who's in the hockey / reporting business) next to your claims add weight to their legitimacy.

I'll give you a good example. Here's my claim:

Flyers are seriously considering acquiring a backup goaltender, but don't want to give up much.

here's my source

It’s fine to question who my source is, but I’m not giving up his identity.

Hint: How do you think I only know about Penguin’s related inside information ?
Feb. 18, 2018 at 3:35 p.m.
Molson beer is meh

because you're a Pens fan and you don't care about other teams fake news, that is probably the most logical....

DYbgr.gif

Honestly, you can claim whatever you like. I was just trying to give you a heads up. No one will believe you unless you can give some sort of trace of evidence that what you're saying is true, and you haven't shown any. Other people who do the same thing are not taken seriously *cough* Eklund *cough*. Guys like him keep "hearing something new", makes something up that they think can realistically happen, and hope that it really does happen so they can say that they had the insider information. It's fraud. So I'll stick with my theory, for now, that that you're doing this for the attention.

If you do show evidence however, I will retract what I said, and I will look forward to seeing what little tidbits of info you have to give!
Feb. 18, 2018 at 3:51 p.m.
Go Habs Go

I think the point is not to claim insider information, if you have no credentials to suggest you have it. If anything, unsubstantiated claims make you seem less credible.
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 3:53 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: ricochetii
I think the point is not to claim insider information, if you have no credentials to suggest you have it. If anything, unsubstantiated claims make you seem less credible.

giphy.gif
Feb. 18, 2018 at 4:10 p.m.
Lafreniere
because you're a Pens fan and you don't care about other teams fake news, that is probably the most logical....

DYbgr.gif

Honestly, you can claim whatever you like. I was just trying to give you a heads up. No one will believe you unless you can give some sort of trace of evidence that what you're saying is true, and you haven't shown any. Other people who do the same thing are not taken seriously *cough* Eklund *cough*. Guys like him keep "hearing something new", makes something up that they think can realistically happen, and hope that it really does happen so they can say that they had the insider information. It's fraud. So I'll stick with my theory, for now, that that you're doing this for the attention.

If you do show evidence however, I will retract what I said, and I will look forward to seeing what little tidbits of info you have to give!

Maybe I like my claim because management and me have the same opinion on what the Penguins should do?

What I actually want: Zack Smith and Derek Ryan.
Zack Smith isn’t on the Penguins radar. Derek Ryan is. That is what I truly want.

If you really just want to prove me wrong or whatever, do so. I told people the day I started sharing information: If you don’t believe me, then just don’t believe me. I’m not forcing anyone to believe what I’m saying, I’m just trying to help out.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Maybe I like my claim because me and management have the same opinion on what the Penguins should do?

Zack Smith isn’t on the Penguins radar. Derek Ryan is. That is what I truly want.

If you really just want to prove me wrong or whatever, do so. I told people the day I started sharing information: If you don’t believe me, then just don’t believe me. I’m not forcing anyone to believe what I’m saying, I’m just trying to help out.

I’m not trying to prove you wrong. I’m simply saying you “liking” your claim because you think It’s the same as your favourite teams GMs, does not make it fact.

This whole forum section of this site is about stating your opinion, and debating it. But you lying that you have insider information just to try make your ideas seem more legit is fraud. There’s no need for it.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 4:39 p.m.
Lafreniere
I’m not trying to prove you wrong. I’m simply saying you “liking” your claim because you think It’s the same as your favourite teams GMs, does not make it fact.

This whole forum section of this site is about stating your opinion, and debating it. But you lying that you have insider information just to try make your ideas seem more legit is fraud. There’s no need for it.

What ever makes you happy. I actually just received a warning because of making claims so I guess you won.

Congratulations. But Pens fans who have followed my claims know that they are correct.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 4:47 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
What ever makes you happy. I actually just received a warning because of making claims so I guess you won.

Congratulations. But Pens fans who have followed my claims know that they are correct.

Sorry to hear that, I'm not trying to target you personally.

and that's fine if what you're saying turns out to be really true, could you show me some of your past threads where that's happened? just don't lie that you have insider info if you can't back it up with proof.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 4:59 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Maybe I like my claim because management and me have the same opinion on what the Penguins should do?

I don't actually care. I'm only letting you know that acting like an insider doesn't give your ideas any more credibility, so there's no purpose in doing it. It does more harm than good for you. Just be you and share your own opinions.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 4:59 p.m.
Lafreniere
Sorry to hear that, I'm not trying to target you personally.

and that's fine if what you're saying turns out to be really true, could you show me some of your past threads where that's happened? just don't lie that you have insider info if you can't back it up with proof.

I have proof on other forums. I have only been sharing information here for about a month or so, and nothing of it has made it public yet.

On my other boards, I have called the Wilson+3rd for Sheahan the day before it happening; I called the asking price for Pageau(even though it didn't make it public); I called the asking price for Brassard before Dreger tweeted it out(Sprong, 1st, something else); I called Zach Aston-Reese being recalled the night before.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Lafreniere
I don't actually care. I'm only letting you know that acting like an insider doesn't give your ideas any more credibility, so there's no purpose in doing it. It does more harm than good for you. Just be you and share your own opinions.

When I make Armchair GMs using the information I have, it is to see what the team looks like after the fact. I'd never give up the asking price for Brassard or Pageau for them.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 5:04 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
I have proof on other forums. I have only been sharing information here for about a month or so, and nothing of it has made it public yet.

On my other boards, I have called the Wilson+3rd for Sheahan the day before it happening; I called the asking price for Pageau(even though it didn't make it public); I called the asking price for Brassard before Dreger tweeted it out(Sprong, 1st, something else); I called Zach Aston-Reese being recalled the night before.

tenor.gif

share the links then?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll