SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

Feb. 17, 2018 at 11:25 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I know there's already a thread about the value of players, but this is about value as well as other things. This is not just about player value, it's about teams' deadline plans, trade ideas, trade rumours, questions, and all trade deadline discussion. So this thread is different than the other.

If you found a rumour, post it, or a potential trade that you think makes sense. This is for any discussion to do with the trade deadline.

So let me first say that i heard the Penguins are making Matt Hunwick available for trade. Nick Kypreos said this during the intermission on Hockey Night In Canada.
Also, interested to hear what people think Brock Nelson's trade value is.
Also, who is gonna go for it and give up picks/prospects for pieces that can help them now? Maybe the Capitals but not as much as Tampa Bay or Nashville. I see the Preds going after rentals more and the Lightning going after guys who have at least another year on their contract, though they could go after rentals too.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:48 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Edited Feb. 20, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.

I know it's pretty minor but just a rumour i've found. Fehr could be an okay 4th liner on the right team.

Edit: Fehr to the Sharks for 2020 7th ... good move for both sides
Feb. 20, 2018 at 6:17 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Tomas Tatar is rumoured to be going to Nashville.

Edit: Nothing is done yet, and it isn't guaranteed, but it's possible.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 6:49 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Tomas Tatar is rumoured to be going to Nashville.

Edit: Nothing is done yet, and it isn't guaranteed, but it's possible.

I think Nashville has better options if they're looking for a top-six winger. Detroit is probably going to start the ask with Fabbro, and I don't see this being a good idea for them. If for some reason they can't keep Ryan Ellis, Fabbro is in their top four. While they should be able to keep him, a talented D prospect like this is a valuable commodity. Poile would be smart to say that he isn't going anywhere. Tolvanen is obviously off limits in any trade discussions as well.

Poile would be wiser to target someone cheaper IMO. Gus Nyquist would be a better alternative if he's made available by the Wings. His asking price would most likely be considerably less than Tatar's, and his contract is shorter. I think Alex Galchenyuk would be a good fit with them as well, depending on what the Habs ask for him.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 8:13 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
I think Nashville has better options if they're looking for a top-six winger. Detroit is probably going to start the ask with Fabbro, and I don't see this being a good idea for them. If for some reason they can't keep Ryan Ellis, Fabbro is in their top four. While they should be able to keep him, a talented D prospect like this is a valuable commodity. Poile would be smart to say that he isn't going anywhere. Tolvanen is obviously off limits in any trade discussions as well.

Poile would be wiser to target someone cheaper IMO. Gus Nyquist would be a better alternative if he's made available by the Wings. His asking price would most likely be considerably less than Tatar's, and his contract is shorter. I think Alex Galchenyuk would be a good fit with them as well, depending on what the Habs ask for him.

Yeah, i think the asking price on Tatar could be too high ... either way, he's playing tonight so that likely means it isn't happening at all.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 8:38 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Yeah, i think the asking price on Tatar could be too high ... either way, he's playing tonight so that likely means it isn't happening at all.

That means nothing. The trade doesn't have to materialize today. There's still some time for it to happen. A prime example was the Kempny trade. He played against the Caps, and then was traded to them two days later. Him playing tonight doesn't mean that the deal won't happen.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 9:36 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
That means nothing. The trade doesn't have to materialize today. There's still some time for it to happen. A prime example was the Kempny trade. He played against the Caps, and then was traded to them two days later. Him playing tonight doesn't mean that the deal won't happen.

I know but it makes the chance lower. Sure, there's still a chance it happens. But now that he's in the Red Wings lineup tonight, that means it's a bit less likely.
Feb. 21, 2018 at 10:34 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

So anyway, at a reasonable price do you think Tatar to Nashville makes sense? I do but i don't think the price will be reasonable.
Feb. 21, 2018 at 6:44 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Just saw that LA is working on getting Rieder and Wedgewood from Arizona, and the return would include Kuemper but there's more going to ARI.
Feb. 22, 2018 at 5:39 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Rick Nash and Michael Grabner are not in the lineup tonight ... a trade or trades are coming. As a Rangers fan, not great to say goodbye to Nash, but it's the right idea in my opinion. Not as much Grabner in my opinion. Not sure if he should be traded ... really don't think that one's a great idea as he's a great fit there and could be re-signed.
Feb. 22, 2018 at 5:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
After the Vatrano trade i'm guessing the Bruins are setting up a deal for a forward, maybe Rick Nash then. I'm saying Nash probably to Boston and Michael Grabner might be heading to Pittsburgh. That's the right deal i think. If the Penguins get another fast winger like Grabner, that's a great move for them. Grabner is a good fit with the Pens.
Feb. 22, 2018 at 10:17 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Also, just saw that NYR and TBL are close to a deal involving McDonagh, and it looks very likely now.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 2:44 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Brassard to Pittsburgh ... Filip Gustavsson (i think that's his name), a 1st round pick, and Ian Cole to Ottawa, or at least something like this. There may be other pieces involved but these pieces seem to be in this deal.
Feb. 25, 2018 at 1:41 p.m.
Thomas Plekanec for a 2nd + Valiev + Rychel. Bergevin can smile after that one
Feb. 25, 2018 at 1:43 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Thomas Plekanec for a 2nd + Valiev + Rychel. Bergevin can smile after that one

Yeah, that's a lot for Plekanec, especially since the Leafs didn't need another centre.
Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:14 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Hot Takes heading into deadline:
Karlsson: Heads to Tampa: If Ottawa is serious on a rebuild, then this is the best opportunity to trade him
Mcdonagh: Heads to Toronto: Rangers are serious on cleaning the house out. This move makes sense for both teams if they can come to a common price
Green: Heads to Boston: I strongly feel the bruins aren't done. Heading a guy like Zboril could be appealing for the wings
Maroon: Heads to Dallas
Kane: Heads to Anaheim
Zuccarello: Honeslty think he will stay and get dealt at the draft
Hoffmann: Blues
Paciorety: Florida
Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:20 p.m.
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
Karlsson: Heads to Tampa: If Ottawa is serious on a rebuild, then this is the best opportunity to trade him
Mcdonagh: Heads to Toronto: Rangers are serious on cleaning the house out. This move makes sense for both teams if they can come to a common price
Green: Heads to Boston: I strongly feel the bruins aren't done. Heading a guy like Zboril could be appealing for the wings

McDonaugh could definitley help with the Leafs's shortage of LHD which only includes Morgan Reilly, Jake Gardiner, Ron Hainsey, Travis Dermott, Andreas Borgman, and others
rangersandislesfan and Daryl liked this.
Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:25 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: DavidBooth7
McDonaugh could definitley help with the Leafs's shortage of LHD which only includes Morgan Reilly, Jake Gardiner, Ron Hainsey, Travis Dermott, Andreas Borgman, and others

Hiansey plays on the Right
Borgman i find struggled this season and needs some North American experience in the AHL before stepping in. Reilly can certain play the Right with Mcdonagh if it comes to it
I can see:
Mcdonagh-Reilly
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey
Carrick

Polak gets moved and Carrick becomes a 7th D
Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:29 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

1 - Ottawa's rebuild is to build around Karlsson. They maybe change up some of the other key guys but they rebuild around Karlsson.
2 - Possible. Maybe more of a draft deal but it's possible ... however, Toronto needs RHD more than LHD.
3 - The Bruins don't need another second pairing guy, they could use a top pairing guy.
4 - That could work, didn't think of that, more Letestu who just got traded twice.
5 - Possibly, but Nashville's a better fit if you ask me.
6 - I agree he stays for now but he's one of the guys they should keep even at the draft. They should move Kreider at the draft instead.
7 - Yes, that's possible, though i don't see it now, or even at the draft, maybe next season though.
8 - That could work, though what would they give up? Not sure if they have what MTL wants.
Feb. 25, 2018 at 2:30 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Hiansey plays on the Right
Borgman i find struggled this season and needs some North American experience in the AHL before stepping in. Reilly can certain play the Right with Mcdonagh if it comes to it
I can see:
Mcdonagh-Reilly
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey
Carrick

Polak gets moved and Carrick becomes a 7th D

Carrick isn't a 7th D
Also, Gardiner is overrated so actually this could make sense, but Tampa would have a better offer.
Feb. 26, 2018 at 10:25 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Happy trade deadline day everyone!
Feb. 26, 2018 at 10:36 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
It's deadline day. Why have we only seen 1 trade?
Feb. 26, 2018 at 11:30 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
This is the 2016 trade deadline all over again, lol.
Feb. 26, 2018 at 11:54 a.m.
It's deadline day. Why have we only seen 1 trade?

Things will pick up after teams find out what happens with all the players put on waivers yesterday.
Feb. 26, 2018 at 12:02 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: wabit
Things will pick up after teams find out what happens with all the players put on waivers yesterday.

Yeah, i agree, we'll start to see more trades but it's been pretty quiet so far with only 1.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll