SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

Should the Blues consider trading Tarasenko?

Trade him?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 20, 2018 at 8:14 a.m.
With locker room chemistry being an issue as reported by Jeremy Rutherford as well as some players saying they feel Tarasenko slacks off, is it time to go a different direction? The infamous Erik Johnson trade happened 7 years ago which ended up benefiting the Blues in the long term so maybe this is what this franchise needs.
Now, I'm not saying the Blues SHOULD trade Tarasenko, but i'm also not saying his name should be off the table. When looking at him in game, he gets visibly shaken during droughts which affects his overall play. Guess you can say he's about as Russian as it gets.

Let me know what you think.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 1:17 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
No, they should not. He's their superstar. He's one of the NHL's best goal scorers and in my opinion, trading him makes no sense.
Chopper02 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 1:34 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
No, they should not. He's their superstar. He's one of the NHL's best goal scorers and in my opinion, trading him makes no sense.

I agree with those points.

*Devil's advocate*- If he's an issue in the locker room, what do you do with him? Keep him and tell the rest of the guys to suck it up because he's the star player?
Feb. 20, 2018 at 1:41 p.m.
Trade everyone who is complaining about Tarasenko. Sit down with Vlad and talk about it with him but you always choose the talent over the complainers.
Chopper02 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 1:44 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Trade everyone who is complaining about Tarasenko. Sit down with Vlad and talk about it with him but you always choose the talent over the complainers.

And if the complainers are guys like Schwartz and Pietrangelo who show up every night and appear to put more effort in game?
Feb. 20, 2018 at 2:57 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: Chopper02
I agree with those points.

*Devil's advocate*- If he's an issue in the locker room, what do you do with him? Keep him and tell the rest of the guys to suck it up because he's the star player?

If it's that big of an issue, trade them. Tarasenko and Pietrangelo should be the only untouchables. Trading a guy like Tarasenko because of "locker room issues" is how you end up with a Subban-Weber trade.
Feb. 20, 2018 at 4:03 p.m.
Quoting: Chopper02
And if the complainers are guys like Schwartz and Pietrangelo who show up every night and appear to put more effort in game?

You're right. I assumed the ones complaining are the guys that think they are important to the club like Berglund and Gunnarsson but it could of very well been Schwartzy and Pietrangelo. If Im another good player on the team though and i know that Tarasenko is somewhat slacking, I also know that he is a crucial part of the team and not easily replaced. I'd be able to live with that barring Tarasenko's compete level is still within the realm of trying.

If the guys that are complaining are the Berglunds and the Gunnarssons of the world, they need a wake up call. They should worry about improving their game and not be complaining about others. Especially ones that whether we agree with or not, have special standards placed on them because of the fact they do things those others can't.

It also matters if Tarasenko is still backing it up with his production, which he is. Had he been slacking and the numbers were really low, than you could make more of a case that he is the one that needs to wake up.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit