SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Most surprisingly traded and not traded players

Feb. 23, 2018 at 3:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Who do you think will be most surprising that they aren't going to get traded and the most surprising that they do? For me, the Canadiens will surprise people by trading Alex Galchenyuk, though surprisingly, Erik Karlsson will stay with the Ottawa Senators. I know it shouldn't be surprising though to a lot of people it will. Everyone's saying he WILL be traded for sure. No, he will NOT be traded.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 4:18 p.m.
HawksFan28
Well, as a Hawks fan I would be surprised if Anisimov or Hartman were traded, their names have been mentioned but I just cant see either of them moved unless a GM has an offer Bowman just cant refuse.

Really, I would be surprised if anyone outside of Wingles, Bouma, Jurco, Sharp or Rutta were traded.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 5:57 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Who do you think will be most surprising that they aren't going to get traded and the most surprising that they do? For me, the Canadiens will surprise people by trading Alex Galchenyuk, though surprisingly, Erik Karlsson will stay with the Ottawa Senators. I know it shouldn't be surprising though to a lot of people it will. Everyone's saying he WILL be traded for sure. No, he will NOT be traded.

Are you talking about everyone on here? Bob McKenzie has outright said on multiple posts that the most likely scenario is that Karlsson doesn't move before the deadline.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 6:08 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: mtdavis311
Are you talking about everyone on here? Bob McKenzie has outright said on multiple posts that the most likely scenario is that Karlsson doesn't move before the deadline.

By everyone i mean most people
Feb. 23, 2018 at 6:38 p.m.
By everyone i mean most people

Ah. So not everyone. I think the Karlsson trade is gonna be something like the Duchene trade. Duchene was thrown around in rumors for the better part of 2 seasons before he was traded. Karlsson will be traded but it won't be until midseason next year, a multiple team deal with a ridiculous sign and trade contract to boot
Feb. 23, 2018 at 6:41 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Jimmybooboo
Ah. So not everyone. I think the Karlsson trade is gonna be something like the Duchene trade. Duchene was thrown around in rumors for the better part of 2 seasons before he was traded. Karlsson will be traded but it won't be until midseason next year, a multiple team deal with a ridiculous sign and trade contract to boot

But why would they trade him anyway?
Feb. 23, 2018 at 6:41 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
will never understand your logic behind these threadsshakes head
wojme liked this.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 6:47 p.m.
But why would they trade him anyway?

Lol you really don't get how much Melnyk despises spending money huh?

Ottawa will not pay 10.5-11 million for one player. Doesn't work into their cap scheme.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 6:49 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Lol you really don't get how much Melnyk despises spending money huh?

Ottawa will not pay 10.5-11 million for one player. Doesn't work into their cap scheme.

If it's for Karlsson they will.

Edit: And he may take less money to stay in Ottawa.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 6:52 p.m.

What about Melnyk's history with this team makes you think that?

He literally shipped off Turris already this year for having the gall to ask to be paid what he's worth.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 7:02 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
What about Melnyk's history with this team makes you think that?

He literally shipped off Turris already this year for having the gall to ask to be paid what he's worth.

Dorion is the GM anyway.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 7:10 p.m.
Dorion is the GM anyway.

And who does Dorion answer to? I mean, it's clear to see in their moves. Moving out Turris for Duchene. Trading away Phaneuf for a guy they're likely to buy out in the offseason. Offloading Brassard.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 7:11 p.m.

He has already said he's going to get paid what he's worth. Which isn't a pay cut for Ottawa. He has also said that he want to win a cup, if Ottawa don't right the ship early next year/do something in the off, it's not going to fill him with confidence.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 7:20 p.m.

Why on earth would a player many consider to be the best defender in the league take a PAY CUT to stay with a team that doesn't appear to be anywhere close to cup contention?

Stamkos took a cut to stay with Tampa, yes, but Tampa was clearly one of the most talented rosters in the league when he did so. Ottawa doesn't have that luxury.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
will never understand your logic behind these threadsshakes head

Agree Rod. Although if following the posts this year, most folks are definitely thinking Karlsson (name your player), might be traded....maybe.Confused
Feb. 23, 2018 at 7:32 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
And who does Dorion answer to? I mean, it's clear to see in their moves. Moving out Turris for Duchene. Trading away Phaneuf for a guy they're likely to buy out in the offseason. Offloading Brassard.

But the difference is that Karlsson is a superstar, those guys are not ... look at Montreal, not re-signing Markov or Radulov, trading Subban, etc. Sure, Subban could be called a superstar but Price was their best player. Price re-signed. It's different with superstars.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 8:08 p.m.
But the difference is that Karlsson is a superstar, those guys are not ... look at Montreal, not re-signing Markov or Radulov, trading Subban, etc. Sure, Subban could be called a superstar but Price was their best player. Price re-signed. It's different with superstars.

Montreal hasn't been great this year, but they were considered by most to be a playoff team with Price resigned. Also, goalies are handled slightly differently than skaters.

Again, what reason would Karlsson have to take a pay cut to stay with a rebuilding team in the prime of his career?
Feb. 23, 2018 at 8:55 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Montreal hasn't been great this year, but they were considered by most to be a playoff team with Price resigned. Also, goalies are handled slightly differently than skaters.

Again, what reason would Karlsson have to take a pay cut to stay with a rebuilding team in the prime of his career?

When did i say anything about how good the Habs have been this year? They didn't keep Subban, Radulov, or Markov, and i may be forgetting more, but Price is the superstar of the team, and he's not going anywhere. Sure, the Sens have got rid of some guys, but Karlsson's a very different story.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:12 p.m.
When did i say anything about how good the Habs have been this year? They didn't keep Subban, Radulov, or Markov, and i may be forgetting more, but Price is the superstar of the team, and he's not going anywhere. Sure, the Sens have got rid of some guys, but Karlsson's a very different story.

Again... When Price signed his extension... He did so with the belief that their roster was a playoff contending roster at least.

Do you think that players don't care about the performance of their team with they are at UFA status?
Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Again... When Price signed his extension... He did so with the belief that their roster was a playoff contending roster at least.

Do you think that players don't care about the performance of their team with they are at UFA status?

It doesn't matter though, because we're talking about the trade deadline here. Even if they do move Karlsson (which i still believe is very unlikely), it's not now, they'll try to sign him first. And you're completely ignoring the fact that he might re-sign. Tell me: what are the chances in your opinion that Karlsson re-signs in Ottawa?
Feb. 23, 2018 at 9:55 p.m.
It doesn't matter though, because we're talking about the trade deadline here. Even if they do move Karlsson (which i still believe is very unlikely), it's not now, they'll try to sign him first. And you're completely ignoring the fact that he might re-sign. Tell me: what are the chances in your opinion that Karlsson re-signs in Ottawa?

Currently, if Ottawa continues on this path? 25%, maybe. Karlsson is going to want to go to a contender. Are you disputing that idea?

But yeah, I doubt he moves before the deadline.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 11:28 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Currently, if Ottawa continues on this path? 25%, maybe. Karlsson is going to want to go to a contender. Are you disputing that idea?

But yeah, I doubt he moves before the deadline.

Only 25%? Most superstar UFAs re-sign.
Feb. 23, 2018 at 11:29 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. I don't think either one of us is gonna get the other one to agree.
Feb. 27, 2018 at 12:24 a.m.
HawksFan28
Well, now that it's after the TDL I think this honor goes to Mike Green as the player that wasn't traded, and I'm shocked that Ryan Hartman was traded - but the package Bowman got was a deal he couldn't refuse - I mean he got more than Evander Kane so, yea....
Feb. 27, 2018 at 10:21 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: HawksFan28
Well, now that it's after the TDL I think this honor goes to Mike Green as the player that wasn't traded, and I'm shocked that Ryan Hartman was traded - but the package Bowman got was a deal he couldn't refuse - I mean he got more than Evander Kane so, yea....

For me, Mike Green and Paul Stastny.
HawksFan28 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll