SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(NYR / BOS) - Spooner, Lindgren, Beleskey, 1st, and 7th for Nash

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 12, 2018 at 10:55 p.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
So your telling me if bruins are out in the 1st round, your happy with a 35 YO UFA opposed to a 24 YO who puts up more points, a 1st round pick, and a decent Prospect?

Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
So your telling me if bruins are out in the 1st round, your happy with a 35 YO UFA opposed to a 24 YO who puts up more points, a 1st round pick, and a decent Prospect?

he's 33 geek squad
Mar. 12, 2018 at 11:39 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: PaulDunnill
he's 33 geek squad

He will be 34 at Free Agency.
Mar. 12, 2018 at 11:57 p.m.
Are we really still *****ing about this trade...
Mar. 13, 2018 at 3:47 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Brian Gionta (a free UFA signing) has more points than Nash in two less games w Boston smile
Mar. 13, 2018 at 7:43 a.m.
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
Are we really still *****ing about this trade...

Not sure anyone is really "*****ing" about this trade. Lets be honest, the entire Bruins fanbase is hated on here because of a single poster and its a big reason I try to stay out of the forums. Every trade the B's made this TDL, they got fleeced by other fans. Boston could have acquired Crosby & Geno for a hockey net and people around here would still say Boston got fleeced.
tad77 liked this.
Mar. 13, 2018 at 8:20 a.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
Brian Gionta (a free UFA signing) has more points than Nash in two less games w Boston smile

Have to admit that Gionta has played very well since being signed. Fully healthy, he's could force someone out of a spot.
Mar. 13, 2018 at 11:16 p.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N
Not sure anyone is really "*****ing" about this trade. Lets be honest, the entire Bruins fanbase is hated on here because of a single poster and its a big reason I try to stay out of the forums. Every trade the B's made this TDL, they got fleeced by other fans. Boston could have acquired Crosby & Geno for a hockey net and people around here would still say Boston got fleeced.

I know, that @tadhockey is hard to take isn't he? Those other guys you're talking about just hate the truth anyway...... don't worry tad, I'm on your side!!!
Mar. 14, 2018 at 9:08 a.m.
I haven't posted in two weeks, how did I get wrapped up in this......
Mar. 14, 2018 at 9:48 a.m.
Quoting: tadhockey
I haven't posted in two weeks, how did I get wrapped up in this......

Your just collateral damage because Paul ruffles a lot of feathers around here.
Mar. 14, 2018 at 10:46 a.m.
I'm a Skatman
Your just collateral damage because Paul ruffles a lot of feathers around here.

that's a nice paraphrase for trolling in every single post
Mar. 14, 2018 at 12:24 p.m.
BreKel
This thread is an absolute dumpster fire. Both teams did well in the trade. Bruins got a RW'er who doesn't have to be "the guy" here and slots in nicely on the 2nd line with DeBrusk and Krejci. Both have played extremely well since Nash's arrival. They've been very good defensively, and in the possession game. Rangers did well getting a 1st round pick, a nice defensive prospect with a top 4 ceiling and NHL floor (I think Lindgren, at worst, is a bottom pairing defenseman) and a player in Spooner, who has found his game on the wing.

Did the Bruins give up a lot? Meh....It depends on how you view it. On the surface, it seems like a lot. By that I mean if you don't follow the Bruins (which I'm sure most posting in here don't). Spooner was not in the long-term plans here. He was an RFA who was going to need a new contract. Bruins have plenty of young wingers coming up with upside. They traded a good defensive prospect, but still have Zboril, Lauzon, and Vaakanainen. All three of these defenseman have similar to more upside than Lindgren does, at this point. The first round pick stings, but when you've drafted 6 players in the first round, the last 3 years (2015 = Zboril, DeBrusk, Senyshyn , 2016 = McAvoy, Frederic , 2017 = Vaakanainen) the pick is expendable. Beleskey is expensive garbage at this point and having the Rangers retain 50% of his contract helps. Bruins also got Nash at 50% which helped them.

5 pages of this trade? Maybe just ignore it. Accept that it was a good deal for both sides and move along.
Mar. 14, 2018 at 12:54 p.m.
Quoting: BreKel
This thread is an absolute dumpster fire. Both teams did well in the trade. Bruins got a RW'er who doesn't have to be "the guy" here and slots in nicely on the 2nd line with DeBrusk and Krejci. Both have played extremely well since Nash's arrival. They've been very good defensively, and in the possession game. Rangers did well getting a 1st round pick, a nice defensive prospect with a top 4 ceiling and NHL floor (I think Lindgren, at worst, is a bottom pairing defenseman) and a player in Spooner, who has found his game on the wing.

Did the Bruins give up a lot? Meh....It depends on how you view it. On the surface, it seems like a lot. By that I mean if you don't follow the Bruins (which I'm sure most posting in here don't). Spooner was not in the long-term plans here. He was an RFA who was going to need a new contract. Bruins have plenty of young wingers coming up with upside. They traded a good defensive prospect, but still have Zboril, Lauzon, and Vaakanainen. All three of these defenseman have similar to more upside than Lindgren does, at this point. The first round pick stings, but when you've drafted 6 players in the first round, the last 3 years (2015 = Zboril, DeBrusk, Senyshyn , 2016 = McAvoy, Frederic , 2017 = Vaakanainen) the pick is expendable. Beleskey is expensive garbage at this point and having the Rangers retain 50% of his contract helps. Bruins also got Nash at 50% which helped them.

5 pages of this trade? Maybe just ignore it. Accept that it was a good deal for both sides and move along.

You probably could have just put the last sentence because non-Bruins fans don't care about the rest. I've honestly found it easier just to block certain posters because they really just want to stir the pot. I'm actually happy that the CF team implemented the ignore list. I know some of us caught a lot of flak for requesting it, but the flak came from the exact people that are on my block list HAHA.
BreKel liked this.
Jan. 21, 2019 at 1:58 p.m.
Less than a year later and Spooner is on waivers lol

Funny everyone kept talking about how much value Spooner had haha
Hockeylover360 liked this.
Jan. 21, 2019 at 3:09 p.m.
Habs/Pens fan

The thing was he was decent that season for Boston but he had no value for both NYR and Oilers. Things went down hill for Spooner.
ON3M4N liked this.
Jul. 28, 2020 at 1:50 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai

Strome tho
Jul. 28, 2020 at 5:38 a.m.
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
Strome tho

He's a 3rd line center that had a maasive year thanks to playing with Panarin. Don't get me wrong Strome as a 3rd liner is still a solid return for Spooner
Jul. 28, 2020 at 5:40 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
He's a 3rd line center that had a maasive year thanks to playing with Panarin. Don't get me wrong Strome as a 3rd liner is still a solid return for Spooner

Yeah true. Idk why people act like it was a fleece. This is usually how rental payouts turn out...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit