SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Deadline day

Are you happy with the trades today?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 26, 2018 at 8:51 a.m.
Gerant d'estrades
Have all your comments on THE day of the year! Have a respectful talk and let's cheer for our habs
Feb. 26, 2018 at 5:12 p.m.
Quoting: DoxiNoctae
Have all your comments on THE day of the year! Have a respectful talk and let's cheer for our habs

Feel they didn’t trade away everyone they should have (Benn, Schlemko) but it does tell me that MB won’t be undercut even if it is on depth players. Clearly had a price for those players and the price wasn’t met
DoxiNoctae liked this.
Feb. 26, 2018 at 8:39 p.m.
Gerant d'estrades
Well i feel like that they did not have enough confidence in few youth to take out benn or schlemko. That is telling me that we might see mb go rampage this summer for a new d-corp
Feb. 27, 2018 at 1:00 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
Honestly the lack of trades from the Habs on deadline day did not bother me one bit.

What really pissed me off was Bergefail’s press conference. What a joke that was. Only thing I saw during that was a coward trying his best to give the least amount of information humanly possible to the media, and by extension, the fans.

The amount of BS coming out of Bergefail.... “we don’t know where the Pacioretty rumours came from”.... seriously, I’m willing to bet there’s was a collective eye roll from everyone in that press room. And when Bergefail continued to deny trying to trade Patches, a reporter called his bluff and asked if he would sign him to an extension July 1st. And Bergefail’s answer was terrible, completely trying to deflect the question. “He’s an important player, but it’s too early to talk about what might happen after July 1st”....no Sh¡t Sherlock! It’s because you’re trying to trade him!

Honestly a bit of transparency would be appreciated from Management to the fan base. Habs fans don’t need a stinkin letter, all we want is the teams biggest representative (GM) not lie and make a fool of himself on national television...because it makes the fans look like fools too. Ever heard of the saying “who’s the bigger idiot? The idiot or the one that follows him?” I don’t think Moulson or Bergefail have.
DoxiNoctae liked this.
Feb. 27, 2018 at 8:43 a.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Honestly the lack of trades from the Habs on deadline day did not bother me one bit.

What really pissed me off was Bergefail’s press conference. What a joke that was. Only thing I saw during that was a coward trying his best to give the least amount of information humanly possible to the media, and by extension, the fans.

The amount of BS coming out of Bergefail.... “we don’t know where the Pacioretty rumours came from”.... seriously, I’m willing to bet there’s was a collective eye roll from everyone in that press room. And when Bergefail continued to deny trying to trade Patches, a reporter called his bluff and asked if he would sign him to an extension July 1st. And Bergefail’s answer was terrible, completely trying to deflect the question. “He’s an important player, but it’s too early to talk about what might happen after July 1st”....no Sh¡t Sherlock! It’s because you’re trying to trade him!

Honestly a bit of transparency would be appreciated from Management to the fan base. Habs fans don’t need a stinkin letter, all we want is the teams biggest representative (GM) not lie and make a fool of himself on national television...because it makes the fans look like fools too. Ever heard of the saying “who’s the bigger idiot? The idiot or the one that follows him?” I don’t think Moulson or Bergefail have.

Think you’re overreacting a tad... they’re not shopping him. They didn’t send a email out to all other gms saying they want to trade him. Other teams came to him because the team sI struggling and it’s his responsibility to listen. Of course he’s trying to keep it a secret!!! Teams don’t send out a list of players that could be traded to the fans they make the moves they want. Don’t be so naiive
DoxiNoctae liked this.
Feb. 27, 2018 at 8:44 a.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11

Also he was asked about the New York Rangers letter and was asked about what direction this teams was going and admitted to a retool...
DoxiNoctae liked this.
Feb. 27, 2018 at 12:04 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: alexgoodyear
Think you’re overreacting a tad... they’re not shopping him. They didn’t send a email out to all other gms saying they want to trade him. Other teams came to him because the team sI struggling and it’s his responsibility to listen. Of course he’s trying to keep it a secret!!! Teams don’t send out a list of players that could be traded to the fans they make the moves they want. Don’t be so naiive

Naive? Come on now let’s not start that. It’s extremely naive of you to think Bergefail hasn’t shopped him at some point this season. If you think Bergefail literally made zero calls in an attempt to move Patches and just waited for teams to call him while the Habs kept losing games, I don’t know what to tell you. He should never name specific names of whose in trade discussions, but he can at less mention that he tried to improve the future of the team, but that his price wasn’t met which is why almost no moves were made. The press conference was a chance for Bergefail to give an update on what direction this organization is heading. Instead he played dumb by denying he made any effort to improve the team. Pretty much every question the reporters asked we should already know or can guess the answer, you just want to hear it from the GM himself.

And he never admitted to a retool, the closest he ever got to that was ‘’we want to get younger and faster with more character’’, which every other GM, even the contenders, will say the same. Admitting to a retool can be as simple as just saying ‘’changes are coming’’ and never said anything close to that.

As for the NYR letter, if you actually read my first post I wrote that I didn’t care for one, so at least I’m on the same page there with the Habs.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit