Forums/NHL Trades

(SJS / BUF) - Kane for O'Regan + 2nd + 4th

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb 26 at 4:18 pm
A trade between San Jose Sharks and Buffalo Sabres has been confirmed.
San Jose Sharks
Buffalo Sabres
2019 conditional 2nd round pick
2019 conditional 4th round pick
Feb 26 at 4:28 pm
Rideordie, Hockeyplayer1, habs_fan123 and 1 other person liked this.
Feb 26 at 5:57 pm
PENGUINS FAN!!
Sanjose Killed in this deal. Buffalo should have gotten a 1st rounder at least.
Isles4Life and bixjohnson liked this.
Feb 26 at 7:21 pm
Captain_Canada16
Is this the Kane that punched a taxi cab driver or the respectable one that played in Winnipeg?
Feb 26 at 11:10 pm
HawksFan28
Wow, this makes the Hartman trade look like a steal for the Hawks... I'm impressed with Stanley today.

Obviously San Jose won this deal and it's not even close. Buffalo didn't even get a first round pick out of this deal..... I suppose a team cant lose a trade by giving up a UFA but still I expected Kane would bring more than this.

I guess O'Regan could be something but ... His AHL numbers look good.
bixjohnson liked this.
Feb 27 at 11:46 am
ON3M4N SHOW
I thought Kane was going to net BUF a 1st + really good prospect?
Feb 27 at 7:04 pm
Every GM in the NHL needs to grow a pair and not hide behind the age old idea that Kane is a locker room cancer. News flash: he isn't.
Feb 28 at 3:30 pm
Quoting: wojme
Every GM in the NHL needs to grow a pair and not hide behind the age old idea that Kane is a locker room cancer. News flash: he isn't.

I think it's important to put out there that there may be different types of "locker room cancers".
By all reports, he had a great relationship with key guys on the team (a la Eichel), but you gotta think there might be something to the fact that management apparently didn't even much consider re-signing a 30-goal/season guy. I don't want to throw out accusations, because I don't have any more insight into it than others; but perhaps the club doesn't like his work-ethic or thinks he's too into the nightlife AND that it may be rubbing off on the young guys. Maybe it doesn't affect his play all that much, but it could be that it's behavior that management doesn't want turning into a team culture.

Again, I want to clarify that it's pure speculation. But I gotta think there's something to them deciding to move on without much hesitation.
Feb 28 at 4:10 pm
May contain nuts
Quoting: Captain_Canada16
Is this the Kane that punched a taxi cab driver or the respectable one that played in Winnipeg?

Eh... neither Patrick (the former) nor Evander (the latter) is really that respectable...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Submit Poll Edit