SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Curious to hear new ideas for NHL

Do you hate how the NHL is so much about money?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 2, 2018 at 12:49 p.m.
Below Market Value
Edited Mar. 2, 2018 at 2:44 p.m. by Jarvis
Quoting: PaulDunnill
Radulov doesn't love anything. He just plays for the money and disappears when games mean something. He's crap, but then again, he's Russian so no surprise...

I guess 7 points in 6 playoff games and leading Montreal in playoff points last season is disappearing?
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Mar. 2, 2018 at 1:02 p.m.
Edited Mar. 2, 2018 at 2:44 p.m. by Jarvis
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
I guess 7 points in 6 playoff games and leading Montreal in playoff points last season is disappearing?

6 games, what happened then? no heart
Mar. 2, 2018 at 1:11 p.m.
Below Market Value
6 games, what happened then? no heart

He got 7 points in 6 games, Paul. I don't know how to translate that to Broonz speak, but that's actually pretty good.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Mar. 2, 2018 at 1:17 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
He got 7 points in 6 games, Paul. I don't know how to translate that to Broonz speak, but that's actually pretty good.

In the playoffs, it means quite a bit, yes.
Mar. 2, 2018 at 1:18 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
There were likely other factors besides money. Better players? Dallas. Better weather? Dallas. Easier media? Dallas. Fewer languages to speak? Dallas. Even if you simply looked at the structure and makeup of the two teams, you could clearly tell that Dallas had the better future.

Yes, and i don't know for sure, but i thought he wanted to stay. Whether he should have wanted to stay or not, and whether they should have wanted to bing him back or not, i believe they both wanted to get a deal done, and they didn't because of money.
Mar. 2, 2018 at 2:19 p.m.
One idea I've always liked is making a players Cap Hit be based off of their take home salary after taxes.

Take Stamkos for example. Playing in Tampa with no state tax, he gets to take home a lot more of the 8.5 mill contract he's offered than if he signed in, say, Toronto or Montreal.

However, if we based it on their take home salary after taxes, then Montreal could offer him a higher theoretical salary, but Stamkos still takes home the same money and still counts the same against the cap.

Basically, it keeps the cap in place but doesn't punish teams in high tax markets.
Mar. 2, 2018 at 4:10 p.m.
I don't care if players leave for economic reasons. The way I think about it is this: if I had multiple firms pitch me to work for them, money will factor in. If Firm DAL can offer me more than Firm MTL, that will sway my view on which firm I will choose. Factor in that Firm DAL has told me that, if I join, our firm will be competing with other top firms for the grand prize. Firm MTL cannot offer me that incentive.

Money matters a lot to players - the off-ice life a player is hard (relative to how easy individuals assume it is). They have kids, bills, rent, etc that could change at the hands of their boss. Normal individuals don't have to worry about going in the next day to work and finding out that they are being transferred to another branch thousands of miles away.
Mar. 2, 2018 at 4:14 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
In terms of pure hockey changes, I'd like to take away a team's ability to ice the puck when killing a penalty. Makes taking a penalty sting a little bit more, especially with the long change in the 2nd period and OT.
Mar. 2, 2018 at 4:22 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
In terms of pure hockey changes, I'd like to take away a team's ability to ice the puck when killing a penalty. Makes taking a penalty sting a little bit more, especially with the long change in the 2nd period and OT.

I'll add onto the pure hockey changes and suggest eliminating the coach's challenge.
Mar. 2, 2018 at 8:35 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz

I don't mind it because if a team is shorthanded, they first have to get the puck, so it's not an 'easy' way to get rid of time. The team with the power play can try to keep it in the shorthanded team's zone and if the shorthanded team ices the puck, the team on the power play can try to get more chances after. They just go back and get the puck and bring it into the other team's zone again.
Mar. 4, 2018 at 9:37 a.m.

but only lasted 6 games.....weak, didn't raise his team to another level, weak
Mar. 4, 2018 at 11:53 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
but only lasted 6 games.....weak, didn't raise his team to another level, weak

So McDavid's not that great because the Oilers are bad?
krakowitz and DoctorBreakfast liked this.
Mar. 13, 2018 at 11:57 p.m.
Ridiculous thread

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit