SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

The 2018 NHL Draft.

The 2018 NHL Draft.

Draft Class: 2018
Created By: TMLSage
Published: Mar. 5, 2018 at 11:54 p.m.
Description
Top 3 Draft Lottery, was done using tankathon.

Feedback is welcomed.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks
  2. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes
  3. Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Dahlin will save the Canucks, specially being paired with Joulevi.
2Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Because Dylan Strome didn't pan out. They go after the next centre. Specially after Bradys strong WJC showing.
3Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Thinks they will have a better shot with this Russian. Little do they know he will be the next Galchenyuk.
4Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Another strong forward to add to their roster... Well, hopefully he doesn't suffer from Buffalo's poor development system.(Alex Nylander)
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-I wanted Dahlin, but I got Boqvist.. Wait, this isn't Buffalo.
6Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-A small defensive prone to making bad defensive plays. Edmonton will enjoy him.
7Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-A point per game defenseman. Very promising. Maybe Detroit's scouting is back online.
8Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Chicago get's another steal in a potential top 6 centre ice men... Great...Another deBrincat situation.
9Logo of the New York Islanders-New York Islanders select Ryan Merkley. Another offensive Defenceman who is known for defensive laspses on the daily. Maybe he will help the their defensive situation...
10Logo of the New York Rangers-The Rangers go off the board slightly and grab Lias Anderssons friend. Hopefully this doesn't look bad after letting some promising players go past.
11Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Carolina snatches up another top 4 defenseman. Maybe now they will move one of their young defenders for offensive help.
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-Florida grabs the underrated Kupari. Potentially one of the great steals of the draft. Should fit in nicely with Barkov in a year.
13Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus. Not afraid to go off the board with Werenski in 2015, PLD in 2016. Now Jett Woo in 2018. Another solid defenseman. Maybe Columbus found another gem.
14Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Calgary FlamesExceptional Status player. Perhaps he will help Tavares resign, for less than market value. Maybe Snow should focus on resigning Tavares...
15Logo of the New Jersey Devils-New Jersey grabs the quick and light left winger in Farabee.Might be a few years away, due to weight.
16Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the St. Louis BluesPhilly grabs a good defenseman to bolster that already strong D-core.
17Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Sakic and his scouting department toss a dart at the list and it landed on McIsaac. Good luck in the mile high city. At least the Duchene trade is looking good.
18Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-We won a cup with a big strong team. Taking another large defender to help with their blue line seems like a great pickup.
19Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Anahiem picks another defenseman. Even though he may not seem like much now. Expect him to develop into a top 4 player.
20Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsPotentially a good 2nd or 3rd line centre. Expect Ottawa to look for a top tier centreman.
21Logo of the San Jose Sharks-A big strong Centre. Should have a promising future in the San Jose system.
22Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Projected middle six centre. Should develop well for Philly in a few years.
23Logo of the Dallas Stars-Another centre. Hopefully he turns out for Dallas, as they could use all the help they can get in a tough central.
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Grabbing another centre who has done quite well in a weak league. Should be interesting to see how he performs. Expect him to be slowly brought up through the Minnisota system.
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-A very promising Russian player. Should fit in with the whole Russian theme going on in Washington.
26Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Slightly off of the board. Toronto selects the percieved top goaltender in the draft. Hopefully he isn't traded out, like Rask.
27Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Winnipeg JetsSt. Louis grabs Addison. Not sure if Addison is NHL material due to size. But will get a chance to prove his worth in the AHL for multiple seasons.
28Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Boston BruinsRangers grab a large winger to help provide grit. Maybe, they took a lesson from Boston with Boston's 1st rounder.
29Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsHayton fell this far. Seems like a no brainer.However, there probably was a reason he dropped.
30Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Nashville PredatorsChicago snatches another sleeper pick. Sometimes I wonder if we areall just playing in Bowman's sandbox.
31Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningRangers take Groulx to round out the top 31.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 8:18 a.m.
"Thinks they will have a better shot with this Russian. Little do they know he will be the next Galchenyuk."

Galchenyuk is American. Has the most points in his draft class. Is still top 3 if his class was redrafted today (arguably Murray and/or Forsberg ahead of him).

Next time you want to throw your bias into predicting your team's rivals draft moves, at least do your research. I don't see any team going to the podium and thinking "uh oh, this guy might be the next Galchenyuk".
And nothing against Svechikov, but considering the purge of Russian players (Radulov, Markov, Sergachev, Emelin, Nesterov) lately in Montreal, you would think this management group are more likely to take Zadina or Boqvist. Of course those moves might have nothing to do with nationality, but 5 Russians gone in one summer...
Mar. 6, 2018 at 9:31 a.m.
Nick
happy^
Mar. 6, 2018 at 1:37 p.m.
Banned
I think Detroit would take Evan Bouchard ahead of Ty Smith, Detroit is pretty high on Bouchard.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 7:55 p.m.
Quoting: RobbStark03
"Thinks they will have a better shot with this Russian. Little do they know he will be the next Galchenyuk."

Galchenyuk is American. Has the most points in his draft class. Is still top 3 if his class was redrafted today (arguably Murray and/or Forsberg ahead of him).

Next time you want to throw your bias into predicting your team's rivals draft moves, at least do your research. I don't see any team going to the podium and thinking "uh oh, this guy might be the next Galchenyuk".
And nothing against Svechikov, but considering the purge of Russian players (Radulov, Markov, Sergachev, Emelin, Nesterov) lately in Montreal, you would think this management group are more likely to take Zadina or Boqvist. Of course those moves might have nothing to do with nationality, but 5 Russians gone in one summer...

galchenyuk would most definitely not be top 3 if there was a 2012 redraft.

forsberg
vasilevskiy
andersen
parayko
gostisbehere
murray
taravainen
trouba
lindholm
rielly
galchenyuk

(this is not in order)

not saying galchenyuk is bad, just not top 3 from 2012. he'd be on the bubble for top 10
Mar. 7, 2018 at 8:05 a.m.
Quoting: moli92
galchenyuk would most definitely not be top 3 if there was a 2012 redraft.

forsberg
vasilevskiy
andersen
parayko
gostisbehere
murray
taravainen
trouba
lindholm
rielly
galchenyuk

(this is not in order)

not saying galchenyuk is bad, just not top 3 from 2012. he'd be on the bubble for top 10

Based on what, opinion? or actual stats?
Mar. 7, 2018 at 11:49 a.m.
Based on what, opinion? or actual stats?

a little bit of both.

forsberg has a much higher points per game and has had playoff success in nashville

matt murray has won 2 cups playing a significant role in both playoffs

gostisbehere has a higher points per game as a defenseman (both this season and in his career)

vasilevskiy is most likely a vezina finalist (at least) this season and is the starter for arguably the best team in the league

teravainen is having a breakout season and is on pace to shatter galchenyuk's career high in points. (also has 10+ more points than galchenyuk this season)

only stat galchenyuk has on his side is overall points since he has played more games than everyone else

its hard to compare defensmen's stats to forward stats but i would much rather have parayko or lindholm on my team than galchenyuk
RobbStark03 liked this.
Mar. 7, 2018 at 4:10 p.m.
Quoting: moli92
a little bit of both.

forsberg has a much higher points per game and has had playoff success in nashville

matt murray has won 2 cups playing a significant role in both playoffs

gostisbehere has a higher points per game as a defenseman (both this season and in his career)

vasilevskiy is most likely a vezina finalist (at least) this season and is the starter for arguably the best team in the league

teravainen is having a breakout season and is on pace to shatter galchenyuk's career high in points. (also has 10+ more points than galchenyuk this season)

only stat galchenyuk has on his side is overall points since he has played more games than everyone else

its hard to compare defensmen's stats to forward stats but i would much rather have parayko or lindholm on my team than galchenyuk

So 5 of the 10 original players you listed have a case. And although Galchenyuk broke into the NHL right after the lockout, it would be hard to argue that much of his time in the NHL he has been dicked around by his coaches/management. And sure, this is a "cop out" maybe, but which other star youngsters get pushed to 3rd-4th line minutes for YEARS because they are a "defensive liability" when they are one of their teams top performers? Even this year, Drouin is by far worse than Galchenyuk defensively, but remains at center, where Galchenyuk thrives. And despite all that, arguably top 6 (I would still say top 3).

I am just saying, that the notion of drafting a Galchenyuk 3rd overall as a big mistake, is laughable by the original poster...
UpsideDownQue liked this.
Mar. 7, 2018 at 9:03 p.m.
So 5 of the 10 original players you listed have a case. And although Galchenyuk broke into the NHL right after the lockout, it would be hard to argue that much of his time in the NHL he has been dicked around by his coaches/management. And sure, this is a "cop out" maybe, but which other star youngsters get pushed to 3rd-4th line minutes for YEARS because they are a "defensive liability" when they are one of their teams top performers? Even this year, Drouin is by far worse than Galchenyuk defensively, but remains at center, where Galchenyuk thrives. And despite all that, arguably top 6 (I would still say top 3).

I am just saying, that the notion of drafting a Galchenyuk 3rd overall as a big mistake, is laughable by the original poster...

Oh I agree I'm not saying he was a bad pick at number 3. He's easily a top 6 forward, its not like he's a bust, just not as good as some others from 2012 looking back in hindsight
RobbStark03 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll