CHI
  1. Bean, Jake
  2. Krüger, Marcus
  3. 2019 1st round pick (CAR)
  4. 2021 2nd round pick (CAR)
Additional Details:
Rights to Elias Lindholm
CAR
  1. Toews, Jonathan ($2,500,000 retained)
CHI
  1. Orpik, Brooks
Additional Details:
rights to Ilya Samsonov
WSH
  1. 2019 2nd round pick (CHI)
CHI
  1. 2020 1st round pick (MTL)
  2. 2021 4th round pick (MTL)
CHI
    RFA compensation - J.Morrisey
    WPG
    1. 2019 1st round pick (CHI)
    2. 2019 3rd round pick (CHI)
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$78,500,000$75,439,294$1,232,500$2,732,500$3,060,706
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $13,500,000$13,500,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 7
    $778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $1,925,000$1,925,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,375,000$2,375,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $4,875,000$4,875,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 6
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW, LW
    RFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $1,375,000$1,375,000
    C, LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $4,700,000$4,700,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $2,775,000$2,775,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,550,000$4,550,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $5,400,000$5,400,000
    RD
    UFA - 4
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $3,850,000$3,850,000
    RD
    UFA - 4
    Samsonov, Ilya
    $925,000$925,000
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 3
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $650,000$650,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $5,275,000$5,275,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Mar. 9, 2018 at 4:42 p.m.
    HawksFan28
    Yea, beyond the NMC issue none of this will ever happen.... Not only that but the roster the Blackhawks have NOW is way closer to a Cup than that team.

There is absolutely ZERO reason to do any of that.

Besides the only trades that are even remotely close are Keith, Kane and Anisimov.....

This is a perfect example as to why the Hawks aren't even close to rebuilding.

I mean what exactly is the point of trading Kane and then signing Tavares ??? it makes no sense..
    Mar. 9, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
    Quoting: HawksFan28
    Yea, beyond the NMC issue none of this will ever happen.... Not only that but the roster the Blackhawks have NOW is way closer to a Cup than that team.

There is absolutely ZERO reason to do any of that.

Besides the only trades that are even remotely close are Keith, Kane and Anisimov.....

This is a perfect example as to why the Hawks aren't even close to rebuilding.

I mean what exactly is the point of trading Kane and then signing Tavares ??? it makes no sense..

I like your realistic approach to post's on Cap Friendly , I feel a lot of non hawk fans just like to assume the worst and trade away our best players its " SAD " ! Oh well .........
    HawksFan28 liked this.
    Mar. 9, 2018 at 6:21 p.m.
    Caps aren't giving up Samsonov, the next maybe better version of Vasivelski, to get 1 year of Orpik away. Can find a much cheaper way to do it.
    Mar. 9, 2018 at 6:47 p.m.
    HawksFan28
    Quoting: CH1C4G0
    I like your realistic approach to post's on Cap Friendly , I feel a lot of non hawk fans just like to assume the worst and trade away our best players its " SAD " ! Oh well .........

The truth is the Hawks aren't far away from winning another Cup... The Hawks have the foundation to win, they just need the supporting cast.. They need depth players that can be found on the UFA market. It would be ridiculous to make any major trades right now, because the players we have aren't the problem - the players we don't have is the problem, but Bowman had no cap space last summer to make improvements. Bowman was forced to trade quality players and key players due to the cap, I mean the Hawks lost Panarin, Hossa, Hjalmarsson, Kruger, TvR, Campbell and replaced them with Saad and a bunch of rookies, what did people think would happen this season? but like I said Bowman didn't have much choice, but now the solution to some "fans" is to have a fire sale.... It's crazy.

This summer Bowman will have a sizable chunk of cap space to work with , he has no major free agents to sing.. The only guys he has to sign are Duclair, Hinostroza, Hayden and Sikura, Bowman has 20 million in cap space (with 17 players under contract for next season) to do that, and locking up the 4 aforementioned players will only take about 7 million because they're all RFA's so Bowman will have about 12 million to spend on unrestricted free agents with a roster of 21 contracts. .... Bowman can certainly make improvements with 12 million and 3-4 open roster spots for UFA's...

I think everything is going to be fine, and the Blackhawks will be back contending for a Cup next spring. And if they're not contending next spring THEN I will get worried.... I mean I'm not going to blame Bowman for the state of this present team because Bowman had nothing to work with last summer - no - this present team is the result of the salary cap.... But like I pointed out above - Bowman will have some cap space so it will be interesting to see how he improves this team....

But look on the bright side of this season - the kids got an opportunity to play and get a year of experience and grow, DeBrincat and Schmaltz have really shown they can be future stars, management got an entire season to evaluate the roster so they know what we need going into the summer - not only that but the Hawks will have a top 5 or 10 pick at this summers draft, and this is a really really deep draft too.

IMO, I think it was time the Hawks took a step back for a season so the team can be evaluated moving forward to give it a sense of direction ..

That's the way I see it..... This "rebuild" stuff is nonsense - it's hyperbole.
    Mar. 9, 2018 at 8:34 p.m.
    The truth is the Hawks aren't far away from winning another Cup... The Hawks have the foundation to win, they just need the supporting cast.. They need depth players that can be found on the UFA market. It would be ridiculous to make any major trades right now, because the players we have aren't the problem - the players we don't have is the problem, but Bowman had no cap space last summer to make improvements. Bowman was forced to trade quality players and key players due to the cap, I mean the Hawks lost Panarin, Hossa, Hjalmarsson, Kruger, TvR, Campbell and replaced them with Saad and a bunch of rookies, what did people think would happen this season? but like I said Bowman didn't have much choice, but now the solution to some "fans" is to have a fire sale.... It's crazy.

This summer Bowman will have a sizable chunk of cap space to work with , he has no major free agents to sing.. The only guys he has to sign are Duclair, Hinostroza, Hayden and Sikura, Bowman has 20 million in cap space (with 17 players under contract for next season) to do that, and locking up the 4 aforementioned players will only take about 7 million because they're all RFA's so Bowman will have about 12 million to spend on unrestricted free agents with a roster of 21 contracts. .... Bowman can certainly make improvements with 12 million and 3-4 open roster spots for UFA's...

I think everything is going to be fine, and the Blackhawks will be back contending for a Cup next spring. And if they're not contending next spring THEN I will get worried.... I mean I'm not going to blame Bowman for the state of this present team because Bowman had nothing to work with last summer - no - this present team is the result of the salary cap.... But like I pointed out above - Bowman will have some cap space so it will be interesting to see how he improves this team....

But look on the bright side of this season - the kids got an opportunity to play and get a year of experience and grow, DeBrincat and Schmaltz have really shown they can be future stars, management got an entire season to evaluate the roster so they know what we need going into the summer - not only that but the Hawks will have a top 5 or 10 pick at this summers draft, and this is a really really deep draft too.

IMO, I think it was time the Hawks took a step back for a season so the team can be evaluated moving forward to give it a sense of direction ..

I agree entirely with everything you said , On the other hand if we don't sign any UFA's i will be even more happy i want to see house hold names make the Blackhawks ! I think if we add Victor Ejdsell ' Dylan Sikura , That for me is like signing a UFA . I've seen just what UFA signings have done to teams and it didn't work out the way they visioned it . there is no fire sale happening ! And for me the Re - Tool is just adding pieces we got through the Draft like in the next 2 - 3 years we add Ian Mitchell , Henri Jokiharju . I like the ingredients were going to add over time .
    Mar. 10, 2018 at 1:15 a.m.

And another thing in my mind . Duncan Keith , Brent Seabrook , Corey Crawford , Patrick Sharp , Jonathan Toews , Patrick Kane , Are all long time Hawks so that idea of them being traded is crazy to begin with !
    Mar. 10, 2018 at 1:26 a.m.

The only way i see any of the core players leaving is by ufa or retirement
    Mar. 10, 2018 at 12:17 p.m.
    HawksFan28

I could see them move on at some point, It really depends on if the Hawks think it's time to rebuild when the core's contracts expire.. The cores contracts expire within in a 2 year window (2023).... So yea I could see the Hawks GM in 2023 moving Toews, Kane & Keith at the 2023 TDL trading those guys... Imagine the assets the GM could get for them? you're sill talking first round picks for each... It would certainly be an excellent opportunity for the team to get significant assets... OF course this is 5 years away so.....

So yea, I can see these guys eventually moved if the return and timing was right.
    Mar. 10, 2018 at 7:39 p.m.
    Edited May 13, 2018 at 6:03 p.m.
    Mar. 11, 2018 at 3:07 p.m.
    HawksFan28
    The mere fact that keith , seabrook , crawford , kane , toews are all drafted by the hawks makes entire sense they remain hawks until they retire other then Sharp , Hossa not being drafted by Chicago Blackhawks they deserve to play on this team to the very end too , Too bad though i don't think hossa will be in a hawk uniform any more .

Well, if they are traded it will be at their discretion.

I would love it if Keith, Toews, Kane, Crawford and Seabrook are Blackhawks for life - that means the team is winning. As far as the future, I think it's bright for the Hawks so at this point I don't foresee a situation where the Hawks will be in a position to rebuild ... But like I said - Keith, Kane and Toews are UFA's in 2023 so if the Hawks were in that position it would be difficult to hold on to UFA's of that caliber - especially when you could get boatloads of picks.. I mean you better believe if the Hawks were out of the playoff hunt in 2023 that those 3 future Hall of Famers would attract significant interest based on their resume... Also, they would just be rentals - they could always resign with the Hawks in the offseason.

I'm just pointing out that they will be rentals at the 2023 trade deadline. Let's hope the Hawks will be contending for a Cup that spring.

I will say this much tho - if Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook and Crawford do spend their entire career with the Hawks that would be amazing, because not may players accomplish that these days, but 5 on one team would be something special, and IMO all 5 deserve to have their #'s retired by the Hawks.... Of course Toews, Keith and Kane are Hall of Famers too.
    Mar. 14, 2018 at 4:32 p.m.
    Edited May 13, 2018 at 6:19 p.m.
    Yeah if they weren't going to be making it that play off year in 2023 im sure management would consider that option for draft picks and prospects .
    Mar. 14, 2018 at 11:24 p.m.
    Edited May 13, 2018 at 6:03 p.m.
    The mere fact that keith , seabrook , crawford , kane , toews are all drafted by the hawks makes entire sense they remain hawks until they retire other then Sharp , Hossa not being drafted by Chicago Blackhawks they deserve to play on this team to the very end too , Too bad though i don't think hossa will be in a hawk uniform any more .

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll