SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Goaltender Interference

Does The NHL Need To Change Goaltender Interference Rules?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 11, 2018 at 5:37 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I think we're all kind of confused about goaltender interference. There are always questionable goaltender interference calls. The thing is, sometimes a goal is either taken back or it counts, but then soon, the same thing happens and the call is different. What's your opinion on goalie interference?
Mar. 12, 2018 at 9:28 a.m.
I have a copy of the league's stance on this

oVn8.gif
Mar. 12, 2018 at 5:05 p.m.
HawksFan28
The problem with goaltender interference is that it's so subjective. Sometimes the goalies jersey - not even the goalie - gets grazed and they call goalie interference and other times the goalie is totally interfered with egregiously and nothing happens.

I just wish there was more consistency with the definition of goaltender interference.

IMO, as a goalie myself I think that any intentional contact with a goalie inside the crease that leads to a goal should be a penalty - and yes instant replay should be used to determine goaltender interference when it leads to a goal... IMO all goals that are questionable should be reviewed - but they have to be "questionable"..

The standard for goaltender interference should be "did the forward prevent the goalie from preventing the goal"... That should also apply to forwards pushing defenman into their own goalies too.
Mar. 12, 2018 at 7:39 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
More than anything, it's the video play ruling that needs fixing. On goals, the the league officials make the final decision. But on goaltending interference the on ice officials look at the video and make the decision. For consistency maybe the league officials should have the final say. And there is something about the same on ice official who made the original decision now are being asked to possibly overturning their original decision. Human nature probably doesn't want to admit making a mistake, so the original decision stays, regardless of the video evidence.
Mar. 12, 2018 at 7:45 p.m.
(whispers: just remove challenges)
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Mar. 13, 2018 at 11:27 p.m.
Trust the Process

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit