Initial Creation Date: Mar. 15, 2018
Published: Mar. 15, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
OTT
  1. Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan
  2. Russell, Kris
Additional Details:
this is the only way trading nuge for older, less good, hoffman makes any sense at all. #KeepNugeForever
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
15$80,000,000$57,490,331$0$2,640,000$22,509,669
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,187,500$5,187,500
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
UFA - 8
$1,950,000$1,950,000
RW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 7
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 3
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 3
$4,166,666$4,166,666
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
UFA - 5
$720,000$720,000 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
RD
UFA - 2
$1,062,500$1,062,500
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 15, 2018 at 10:47 a.m.
TkachukNorris79
I see where you're coming from. But no way in hell I would trade Batherson for.... Kris Russell.

But you can't say Nuge is better than Hoff. The value is realllly close I'd say. If EDM really does want Drai at C and Nuge on the wing, you're much better off with Hoff playing beside McD over Nuge.

Hoff has better numbers and is on a better deal. Value is very similar. Kinda makes sense for both teams.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 12:34 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: MelnykOut
I see where you're coming from. But no way in hell I would trade Batherson for.... Kris Russell.

But you can't say Nuge is better than Hoff. The value is realllly close I'd say. If EDM really does want Drai at C and Nuge on the wing, you're much better off with Hoff playing beside McD over Nuge.

Hoff has better numbers and is on a better deal. Value is very similar. Kinda makes sense for both teams.

Russell is actually a very underrated defenseman. He leads the NHL in shot blocks, and i know shot blocks don't say a ton about how good a play is, but if you lead the league in shot blocks, that's pretty good.

But i agree Ottawa says no for sure. Batherson has a ton of potential and Hoffman is a very good player.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 12:59 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Russell is actually a very underrated defenseman. He leads the NHL in shot blocks, and i know shot blocks don't say a ton about how good a play is, but if you lead the league in shot blocks, that's pretty good.

But i agree Ottawa says no for sure. Batherson has a ton of potential and Hoffman is a very good player.

No Russell is bad. You can block shots, but if you can't make a breakout pass or defend an odd man rush at least a bit, you aren't good.

But anyways... #KEEPNUGEFOREVER
TkachukNorris79 liked this.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:04 p.m.
HawksFan28
Isn't Hoffman like 25?

The age gap isn't applicable here..

Besides, it's not like RNH is anything special anyway... RNH is an average first line er very good second like forward.

Also, I would love to know what "older" is in hockey terms.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:21 p.m.
Quoting: HawksFan28
Isn't Hoffman like 25?

Besides, it's not like RNH is anything special anyway... RNH is an average first line er very good second like forward.

Hoffman is 28. He's older, but also a faster playmaking winger with an incredible shot. the term of the contract is what comes into play. Two years of Hoffman with 800k less per year cap hit than Nuge at 4 years.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:48 p.m.
TkachukNorris79
Quoting: Chopper02
Hoffman is 28. He's older, but also a faster playmaking winger with an incredible shot. the term of the contract is what comes into play. Two years of Hoffman with 800k less per year cap hit than Nuge at 4 years.

Nuge only has one more year than Hoffman. 3 and 2 respectively.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 1:56 p.m.
HawksFan28
Edited Mar. 15, 2018 at 2:06 p.m.
Quoting: Chopper02

Why is Edmonton so eager to dump RNH?

They already have their main guys locked up long-term.

Besides, if Edmonton needs anything it's veteran players that know how to win Cups, swapping out RNH for Hoffman is a lateral move at best outside of the financial aspect.

What Edmonton should do (and I say this as a hockey fan NOT as a Hawks fan) is make Bowman an offer for Seabrook, because he's exactly what Edmonton needs - he's a leader both on and off the ice that knows how to win Cups, that knows what it takes to win Cups.... Seabrook is the type of player you want around younger kids that have potential and talent to win.... Seabrook is ideal for any of these young teams like Edmonton, Toronto or Winnipeg, but I think Edmonton could use him the most...

And trust me I know Seabrook's contract is an issue, but letting a contract get in the way of perhaps bringing Cups to Edmonton would just be the wrong move... Seabrook wouldn't be available if it wasn't for his cap hit, and the Hawks already have leaders that won Cups obviously so Seabrooks skill-set does the Hawks no good, but he could work magic on other teams....

Of course Edmonton could go the Sharp or Ian Cole route, but neither of those guys are legitimate captain material - sure they will bring a winning attitude and can lead to some extent but Seabrook is "thee guy" you want around young kids with the talent and drive to win.

Of course those qualities are why Seabrook got his contract in the first place, Bowman clearly forgot the Hawks already have Toews and have already won 3 Cups lol.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 2:38 p.m.
LobbysOilers
Quoting: MelnykOut

blatantly false. one can play centre and wing AND put up similar numbers, the other player is only a left winger and is older. nuge>Hoffman, not really that close
CD282 and Craigster14 liked this.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 2:39 p.m.
LobbysOilers

They already have their main guys locked up long-term.

Besides, if Edmonton needs anything it's veteran players that know how to win Cups, swapping out RNH for Hoffman is a lateral move at best outside of the financial aspect.

What Edmonton should do (and I say this as a hockey fan NOT as a Hawks fan) is make Bowman an offer for Seabrook, because he's exactly what Edmonton needs - he's a leader both on and off the ice that knows how to win Cups, that knows what it takes to win Cups.... Seabrook is the type of player you want around younger kids that have potential and talent to win.... Seabrook is ideal for any of these young teams like Edmonton, Toronto or Winnipeg, but I think Edmonton could use him the most...

And trust me I know Seabrook's contract is an issue, but letting a contract get in the way of perhaps bringing Cups to Edmonton would just be the wrong move... Seabrook wouldn't be available if it wasn't for his cap hit, and the Hawks already have leaders that won Cups obviously so Seabrooks skill-set does the Hawks no good, but he could work magic on other teams....

Of course Edmonton could go the Sharp or Ian Cole route, but neither of those guys are legitimate captain material - sure they will bring a winning attitude and can lead to some extent but Seabrook is "thee guy" you want around young kids with the talent and drive to win.

Of course those qualities are why Seabrook got his contract in the first place, Bowman clearly forgot the Hawks already have Toews and have already won 3 Cups lol.

oh man i was with u until you said we should trade for an AHL player making 6.85 for 7 more years
Craigster14 liked this.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 2:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Craigster14
No Russell is bad. You can block shots, but if you can't make a breakout pass or defend an odd man rush at least a bit, you aren't good.

But anyways... #KEEPNUGEFOREVER

That's exactly why i think he's underrated. Because people keep saying how he's a bottom pairing d-man. He does stuff other than just blocking shots, that's just his main thing. And if you're NUMBER ONE in the league in shot blocks, come on, you'd have to say that's pretty good. It's almost like making a save as the goalie.
CD282 liked this.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 2:43 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Isn't Hoffman like 25?

RNH is kinda underrated actually, but Hoffman's still better IMO.
HawksFan28 liked this.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 2:57 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: LobbysOilers
oh man i was with u until you said we should trade for an AHL player making 6.85 for 7 more years

C'mon.........In what universe is Seabrook an AHL player? he's better or just as good as ANY defenseman the Oilers presently have...

Seabrook gets and ULTRA bad rap........ You do you know that just because a player has a bad contract DOESN'T mean he's a bad player....

I mean it's hilarious, some people would take the #7 defenseman that is paid appropriately for a #7 defenseman than the legitimate top 4 defensman that is superior to the #7 but is overpaid.....

I'm baffled at peoples logic sometimes....

Seabrook would significantly improve any young team he goes to..... The only teams he wouldn't be a benefit to would be LA and Pittsburgh..

So yea, don't confuse bad contract with bad player..
Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.
HawksFan28

I agree, RNH is more than adequate - but I think some people expect more out of him because he was a first overall pick.

RNH isn't a bust by any means, but he's not the best player from his draft and he's not "superstar" material either.... He's "RNH" and you know what you're getting with him.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:20 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Never Mind (Deleted)
Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:42 p.m.

In what way? They have the same p/gp this year, Nugent-Hopkins plays a more important position and is four years younger. RNH is also much better defensively.
LobbysOilers liked this.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:49 p.m.
Quoting: CD282
In what way? They have the same p/gp this year, Nugent-Hopkins plays a more important position and is four years younger. RNH is also much better defensively.

RNH 0.692 pts/game
Hoffman 0.710 pts/game
Mar. 15, 2018 at 3:57 p.m.

they've been supposedly dumping him for like two years now, if they were so eager he'd be elsewhere by now. it's the media and some fans, not the team.
HawksFan28 and CD282 liked this.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 4:12 p.m.
Quoting: SamMcI0036
RNH 0.692 pts/game
Hoffman 0.710 pts/game

And your point is...?

RNH is on a 57 point pace
Hoff is on a 58 point pace

Whoop-de-doo.
LobbysOilers liked this.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 4:16 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: hpatton
they've been supposedly dumping him for like two years now, if they were so eager he'd be elsewhere by now. it's the media and some fans, not the team.

The thing is it's not like the Oilers "have to" move him, I think moving RNH is just wishful thinking by the Oilers fans for some reason.

I know Oilers fans will absolutely disagree with this and will WRONGLY be insulted by this but Seabrook & the RFA rights to Duclair for RNH would actually make the Oilers a better team (he would also be their best defenseman)... Seabrooks leadership would make the Oilers a playoff team and perhaps even get them a deep playoff run..... But Edmonton clearly thinks they can just draft themselves a Cup without making significant signings or trades... They think if they draft good enough a Cup will just fall in their lap because 10 top 5 picks on one team = Stanley Cup, lol.

At the very least they should sign Sharp and Ian Cole...

Connor McDavid is great and a generational talent for sure but he's no Toews....
Mar. 15, 2018 at 4:37 p.m.
That's exactly why i think he's underrated. Because people keep saying how he's a bottom pairing d-man. He does stuff other than just blocking shots, that's just his main thing. And if you're NUMBER ONE in the league in shot blocks, come on, you'd have to say that's pretty good. It's almost like making a save as the goalie.

What else does he do? Yeah sure it's a positive to block shots. But you say he does other things, and I don't see it. He doesn't put up points, he doesn't have a heavy shot, doesn't move the puck well at all... I just don't see it.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 4:38 p.m.
The thing is it's not like the Oilers "have to" move him, I think moving RNH is just wishful thinking by the Oilers fans for some reason.

I know Oilers fans will absolutely disagree with this and will WRONGLY be insulted by this but Seabrook & the RFA rights to Duclair for RNH would actually make the Oilers a better team (he would also be their best defenseman)... Seabrooks leadership would make the Oilers a playoff team and perhaps even get them a deep playoff run..... But Edmonton clearly thinks they can just draft themselves a Cup without making significant signings or trades... They think if they draft good enough a Cup will just fall in their lap because 10 top 5 picks on one team = Stanley Cup, lol.

At the very least they should sign Sharp and Ian Cole...

Connor McDavid is great and a generational talent for sure but he's no Toews....

Stop trying to make it sound like Seabrook is anything but a washed up D-man making a ton of money hahahahaha
CD282 liked this.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 5:24 p.m.
What else does he do? Yeah sure it's a positive to block shots. But you say he does other things, and I don't see it. He doesn't put up points, he doesn't have a heavy shot, doesn't move the puck well at all... I just don't see it.

Doesn't put up points? He's on pace for 25 points this season which is pretty good considering he averages 14 seconds of 5x4 time per game.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 5:53 p.m.
HawksFan28
Stop trying to make it sound like Seabrook is anything but a washed up D-man making a ton of money hahahahaha

Quit making it seem as if he is.....

A "washed up" Seabrook would be the best defenseman on your team....

Sure, he gets paid too much BUT calling him "washed up" is hyperbolic .... It's a lie, it's NOT accurate - it's nothing more than innuendo manifested by 16-year-old hockey "fans" that wouldn't know the first thing about building a contender.....
Mar. 15, 2018 at 6:08 p.m.
HawksFan28

Seabrook has only averaged the same amount of PPG as RNH has over the last several seasons.....

Seabrook is a LEGITIMATE top 4 defenseman - he's still responsible in his own end and he can still put up points.... He's no where CLOSE to bottom pairing and he would be without question be the Oilers best defenseman....

Seabrook was once a top 10 defenseman in the league, he's not top 10 anymore, however that doesn't mean he's bottom pairing - it just means he's no longer top 10.....

Sorry but not being worth 6.875 million until your 40 DOES NOT mean "not good".....

Seriously...... Oilers fans laughing at Seabrook is hysterical tho considering Seabrook is absolutely everything the Oilers need to win , yet he's been called "bottom paring" and "fringe AHL'er"..... Seriously?? Seabrook is having an off year and he still put up 21 points so far playing 20 minutes a night...... Heck, last season Seabrook put up 40 points..

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/s/seabrbr01.html

Do those states look terrible to you??
Mar. 16, 2018 at 8:28 a.m.
LobbysOilers

no it means he never has the puck and is ALWAYS out of position. if he was a good dman the other team wouldnt be taking those shots and he would have gotten the puck back already. instead he just lets them dummy him until talbot covers or they score
Craigster14 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll