SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Drouin vs nylander

Whose a better player currently?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 16, 2018 at 6:12 p.m.
My friend thinks that drouin is a better player than nylander. He said if drouin played on TO he’d produce at a higher rate. Just curious as to what the cap friendly community thinks on this topic
Mar. 16, 2018 at 6:24 p.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
My friend thinks that drouin is a better player than nylander. He said if drouin played on TO he’d produce at a higher rate. Just curious as to what the cap friendly community thinks on this topic

Really tough to say. There is no point to asking it though. Its a biased question from the start that will get almost everyone saying Nylander 100% of the time. Truth is there is no way of REALLY knowing. Talent-wise they are both top notch. How can one evaluate one over the other? In order to do so, both would need to be placed in a controlled environment with the same rules applied......

Deciding factor ultimately will be point totals and that's the only way to answer that question right now. But frankly, Drouin playing next to Matthews could very well have more points. That isn't an outlandish possibility. Unfortunately no one can prove me wrong or right.
nobody liked this.
Mar. 16, 2018 at 6:53 p.m.
More importantly, what would Nylander be producing if he was on the Habs...
Mar. 16, 2018 at 7:20 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: F50marco
Really tough to say. There is no point to asking it though. Its a biased question from the start that will get almost everyone saying Nylander 100% of the time. Truth is there is no way of REALLY knowing. Talent-wise they are both top notch. How can one evaluate one over the other? In order to do so, both would need to be placed in a controlled environment with the same rules applied......

Deciding factor ultimately will be point totals and that's the only way to answer that question right now. But frankly, Drouin playing next to Matthews could very well have more points. That isn't an outlandish possibility. Unfortunately no one can prove me wrong or right.

Only way you can compare Drouin to Nylander is if you compare Drouins stats last year on Tampa to Nylanders this year.
Mar. 16, 2018 at 7:31 p.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Only way you can compare Drouin to Nylander is if you compare Drouins stats last year on Tampa to Nylanders this year.

TB wasn't a playoff team last year and Drouin wasn't playing with a Matthews type player as his centerman. (Stamkos was injured) Regardless, under that assumption of point totals only at least, its almost identical.
Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:28 a.m.
HawksFan28
They're too similar of players to really give either or the advantage, this pretty much comes down to what team you favor and what style of game you enjoy..

I mean even in production it's really tough to say and who knows what either player would do if the roles are reversed..

It's not like there is a way to prove one is better than the other... Honestly if you traded one for the other it's not like you would notice it as far as team production.

They're still developing anyway...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit