SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

ottawa's 2018 1st round pick

at which point should ottawa decide to keep their 2018 pick, instead of giving it to colorado?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 17, 2018 at 7:22 p.m.
This question is hard to put into words, so ill give an example:

if you think ottawa should keep their pick if its in the top 7, and give it to colorado if its 8th overall or worse, then pick between 7th-8th overall

if you think ottawa should keep their pick if its in the top 3, and give it to colorado if its 4th overall or worse, then pick between 3rd-4th overall
Mar. 17, 2018 at 7:23 p.m.
Buchnevesey
If the pick is lottery pick (which it is) I believe the pick automatically goes back to Ottawa
Mar. 17, 2018 at 7:25 p.m.
Quoting: Buchnevesey
If the pick is lottery pick (which it is) I believe the pick automatically goes back to Ottawa

it doesnt automatically go back to ottawa. if its a top 10 pick then ottawa has the *option* to keep the 2018 1st rounder and give colorado their 2019 1st rounder instead.

https://www.silversevensens.com/2017/11/5/16610604/ottawa-senators-colorado-avalanche-trade-matt-duchene-kyle-turris-andrew-hammond
Mar. 17, 2018 at 7:54 p.m.
I guess this question depends on another: do the Senators see themselves doing better next season?

Realistically, assuming they're barely going to make any moves, it's impossible to come back with the same group while all other Eastern Teams improve, and to then have a better season. On the other hand, that's what Colorado did this year...then again, less and not as good Western Teams were a factor into that.

The Lightning, Bruins, and Leafs should still have their 3 Atlantic spots reserved for them. Washington and Pittsburgh will probably come back. Philadelphia and Columbus will come back with the same core. New Jersey and Florida will only improve from here. If the Isles re-sign Tavares, then watch out for them too. And then there's also Carolina in the midst of all this. So does Ottawa stand a chance next season, or will they be amongst the bottom of the bunch again next year?

Looking like the latter is the case, they should probably give Colorado the pick this year, unless they land in that top 5. Anyone one of Dahlin, Zadina, Svechnikov, Boqvist, Hughes or Tkachuk instantly makes them better.

Chances are they do get a top 5 pick. And I'm sure there will be some unhappy Senator fans if management doesn't take someone with that selection. As a result, I'm expecting the pick to be transferred to 2019.
UpsideDownQue liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit