RW
UFA - 1
$1,166,667$1,166,667
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$912,500$912,500
C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$839,166$839,166
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 8
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 9
$6,500,000$6,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LD
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
RD
UFA - 3
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
UFA - 1
$653,333$653,333 (Performance Bonus$257,500$258K)
RD
UFA - 2
$748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:04 p.m.
porb have to be galchenyuk and lehkonen for draisaitl. doubt edm moves him though
Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:07 p.m.
Vasken
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
porb have to be galchenyuk and lehkonen for draisaitl. doubt edm moves him though

I know! He'll stay with EDM for sure. I could add a pick to that, but not Chucky! smile
Price_is_the_goat liked this.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:15 p.m.
Draisaitl for a signed Pacioretty is a pretty even deal, minus the 8 years of age difference. The Oilers would do well to ask for 2 more pieces to make up for the "lost years." Poehling might be someone MB is reluctant to move having dealt away the Habs 2016 first pick too. That sucks at the morale of your scouting operation. If that's a non-starter, perhaps one of the young wingers with NHL experience (Lehtonen, JDLR, Hudon, Byron (not young, but better than the others)) and one of the promising young Dmen (Brook, Fleury, Walford, Staum) or Lindgren instead.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:34 p.m.
B
Quoting: Truebeliever
Draisaitl for a signed Pacioretty is a pretty even deal, minus the 8 years of age difference. The Oilers would do well to ask for 2 more pieces to make up for the "lost years." Poehling might be someone MB is reluctant to move having dealt away the Habs 2016 first pick too. That sucks at the morale of your scouting operation. If that's a non-starter, perhaps one of the young wingers with NHL experience (Lehtonen, JDLR, Hudon, Byron (not young, but better than the others)) and one of the promising young Dmen (Brook, Fleury, Walford, Staum) or Lindgren instead.

Come on! Young giant stud c Draisaitl >>> Max (speaking of lost years). Apparently he garnered little attention or worth per mcguire. Maybe 7 years ago!
Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:35 p.m.
Just stop already. Montreal doesn't have the pieces to land Draisaitl.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:36 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: CD282
Just stop already. Montreal doesn't have the pieces to land Draisaitl.

brace yourself for the incoming "b-b-but Chiarelli!"
Dylan1995 liked this.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:37 p.m.
GM Game v1 v2
Yeah I'm going to side with the guy above and say that EDM should prefer Draisaitl over Pacioretty hands down. They seem to really want McD + Drai to be their 1-2 punch like Crosby + Malkin.
If you give a signed Pacioretty and Galchenyuk, only then will they consider dealing Drai imo.

But the idea of at least TRYING to get Drai isn't silly.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:41 p.m.
Quoting: We_Want_The_Cup
Yeah I'm going to side with the guy above and say that EDM should prefer Draisaitl over Pacioretty hands down. They seem to really want McD + Drai to be their 1-2 punch like Crosby + Malkin.
If you give a signed Pacioretty and Galchenyuk, only then will they consider dealing Drai imo.

But the idea of at least TRYING to get Drai isn't silly.

Not silly just not logical RNH will be moved before drai drai is a force on the dot nor to mention 7 or 8 years younger then patches and is a gentlemen centres are worth a hell of a lot more then wingers
Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:49 p.m.
Banned
laugh laugh Since when is Pacioretty's value anywhere close to the value of Draisaitl not even close here.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:53 p.m.
Quoting: nashless
Come on! Young giant stud c Draisaitl >>> Max (speaking of lost years). Apparently he garnered little attention or worth per mcguire. Maybe 7 years ago!

You don't think the Habs were offered the same kind of compensation for Pacioretty as Boston gave for Nash? They were, from no fewer than six teams. McGuire would also tell you that Max had also asked the Habs to hold off any trade. He doesn't want to leave Montreal under a cloud and was looking forward to finishing the year strongly. He then pulled his groin and become part of the great writeoff of 2018.

What posters here don't get is that players bring different things to different teams. Pacioretty is a great dressing room influence and a player who can convert feeds from his linemates at a rate only matched by Alex Ovechkin. Draisaitl bangs his teammates sisters and then gets in bar brawls. He has some growing up to do. He is also one of three very good centres on an underachieving, imbalanced team.

Pacioretty has been a captain in a high-pressure market. He might be able to help McDavid to actually lead the team through tough times (I think we can agree that didn't happen this year) That package is what I mean by an "even" deal. For the next 3-4 years (assuming he is signed) Pacioretty will be a more valuable player to the Oilers than Draisaitl will be. It would be the same the other way since Draisaitl is something that the Habs simply don't have.

Oilers would be lucky to have Pacioretty and the Habs would be grateful to have Draisaitl. Don't like the trade, don't take the trade, but don't sprew B.S. from Pierre McGuire, who has made a career out of being the guy every team passes over for GM (Think there might be a reason?).
Vasken liked this.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 2:03 p.m.
I stopped suggesting any deals with the Oilers long ago because it's like dealing with alcoholics who think they're social drinkers. The Oilers have made the playoffs 3 times in 15 years and are about to miss again. The first step is admitting you have a problem. Edmonton fans still seem a long way from that.
Vasken liked this.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 2:34 p.m.
B
I stopped suggesting any deals with the Oilers long ago because it's like dealing with alcoholics who think they're social drinkers. The Oilers have made the playoffs 3 times in 15 years and are about to miss again. The first step is admitting you have a problem. Edmonton fans still seem a long way from that.

Same could be said about you, the only gm to say and believe they're even players...
CD282 liked this.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:09 p.m.

So Draisaitl is the problem in Edmonton?
Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:10 p.m.
Quoting: A_K
brace yourself for the incoming "b-b-but Chiarelli!"

True, but remember Chiarelli is the guys that signed Draisaitl for 8 more years last summer. He's not going to give him away now.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:30 p.m.
Edited Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:17 p.m.
Quoting: nashless
Same could be said about you, the only gm to say and believe they're even players...

Said it's an even trade, not that the players are "even." Very different. Apples and oranges. Oilers need some apples and Habs need some oranges. We each have too many of one thing and none of the other.

I get it. You're an advanced-stats guy who thinks the game is played by robots, like on a video game. It's not. The Oilers have been horrible for 12 out of 15 years. That's heading into Toronto Maple Leafs territory. Say what you will about the Habs, they've made the playoffs 11 out of those 15 years and haven't had a first overall since 1980. Character players matter on every team.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 3:36 p.m.
So Draisaitl is the problem in Edmonton?

Draisaitl is A problem in Edmonton. Fundamentally, the problem in Edmonton is mix and that comes from drafting badly and/or falling in love with your young players. You build success through the draft, but it's not the only thing you do. After a dozen years of futility -- drafting low every time -- there's something else that's wrong. Move the farm club from Bakersfield to somewhere a lot closer to your organization and your scouts. Be willing to trade skill for character when the right fit comes along. Every team needs guys who can be stars, but they also need guys who will dive on a grenade if the team needs them to do it.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:02 p.m.
Said it's an even trade. Very different. Apples and oranges. Just Oilers need apples and Habs need oranges. We each have too many of one thing.

Ultimately, no trade can't be argued. MB traded PK for Weber and Chia-pet traded Seguin/Hall for I literally cant remember.

But as a general rule of thumb and this has been proven by trades, analysis, interviews etc. Centerman will garner more than a winger. That is a fact. Just because a team has an abundance of oranges does not mean they will move one of their prized oranges for a less than perfectly shaped and colored apple. There is always the scenario where a GM holds onto that Orange for too long that all the teams looking for Oranges find them elsewhere, bringing down the value of that orange but that usually only applies to the unexceptional. Any time your dealing with an A+ asset, there will always be a buyer and they will always be willing to pay the price.

The real truth is that posters on here are too "what have you done for me lately". Pacioretty goes 6 seasons straight as one of the most prolific goal scorers in the league and has one bad season and all of a sudden he's finished, he's too streaky etc etc yada yada yada. Yes his value has gone down from last year but he its not down to the equivalent of a bar stool which some people seem to think. It isn't always about the current stats, its about what they've done in the past also.

But without showing any bias, Draisaitl for a even signed Pacioretty is NOT a fair deal. Even if EDM has too many Oranges. Simply on the age gap alone there is no argument that can convince anyone to make it true.

It may be an offer to consider but I can't fathom 29 other Gm's not being able to offer a better deal than that. Of course when pigs fly PK vs Weber etc happens but that is not the norm and shouldn't be used to justify anything.

Truthfully, the type of deal that would makes sense for EDM, wouldn't make sense to the Habs. That's why a deal between the two with what is currently available is more then likely not plausible. RNH on the other hand does make sense.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:16 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Ultimately, no trade can't be argued. MB traded PK for Weber and Chia-pet traded Seguin/Hall for I literally cant remember.

But as a general rule of thumb and this has been proven by trades, analysis, interviews etc. Centerman will garner more than a winger. That is a fact. Just because a team has an abundance of oranges does not mean they will move one of their prized oranges for a less than perfectly shaped and colored apple. There is always the scenario where a GM holds onto that Orange for too long that all the teams looking for Oranges find them elsewhere, bringing down the value of that orange but that usually only applies to the unexceptional. Any time your dealing with an A+ asset, there will always be a buyer and they will always be willing to pay the price.

The real truth is that posters on here are too "what have you done for me lately". Pacioretty goes 6 seasons straight as one of the most prolific goal scorers in the league and has one bad season and all of a sudden he's finished, he's too streaky etc etc yada yada yada. Yes his value has gone down from last year but he its not down to the equivalent of a bar stool which some people seem to think. It isn't always about the current stats, its about what they've done in the past also.

But without showing any bias, Draisaitl for a even signed Pacioretty is NOT a fair deal. Even if EDM has too many Oranges. Simply on the age gap alone there is no argument that can convince anyone to make it true.

It may be an offer to consider but I can't fathom 29 other Gm's not being able to offer a better deal than that. Of course when pigs fly PK vs Weber etc happens but that is not the norm and shouldn't be used to justify anything.

Truthfully, the type of deal that would makes sense for EDM, wouldn't make sense to the Habs. That's why a deal between the two with what is currently available is more then likely not plausible. RNH on the other hand does make sense.

I don't disagree with a word there other than perhaps the quality of other apples out there. As you said yourself, Max has a pretty formidable track record and five years as a captain in a tough market. That is worth something to any team trying to balance young and old in a dressing room. I am not a good enough scout/coach to be able to tell you whether Max would be the perfect LW for McDavid and/or RNH. I suspect the way he gelled with Radulov is a pretty good indication that if he plays with a "playmaker," he will find the open ice and bury shots.

Earlier in the post, I said only that Max and Draisaitl would be "even" in terms of contribution to their new teams. That Max is 8 years older would, of course, require some other compensation. I was not suggesting they would be swapped evenly, just that their respective values would be even -- given where each team sits.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:26 p.m.
I don't disagree with a word there other than perhaps the quality of other apples out there. As you said yourself, Max has a pretty formidable track record and five years as a captain in a tough market. That is worth something to any team trying to balance young and old in a dressing room. I am not a good enough scout/coach to be able to tell you whether Max would be the perfect LW for McDavid and/or RNH. I suspect the way he gelled with Radulov is a pretty good indication that if he plays with a "playmaker," he will find the open ice and bury shots.

Earlier in the post, I said only that Max and Draisaitl would be "even" in terms of contribution to their new teams. That Max is 8 years older would, of course, require some other compensation. I was not suggesting they would be swapped evenly, just that their respective values would be even -- given where each team sits.

Hmm well than if your looking at straight point producing, than maybe there's an argument that Pacioretty next to Mcdavid could score at an even pace to Draisaitl but would you wager that over the life of Draisaitl and Paciorety's new contracts? Right now, Yeah maybe. In 3-4 years from now?

If EDM is looking for McDavid winger, they are better suited moving RNH as there over abundant orange than Draisaitl.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Hmm well than if your looking at straight point producing, than maybe there's an argument that Pacioretty next to Mcdavid could score at an even pace to Draisaitl but would you wager that over the life of Draisaitl and Paciorety's new contracts? Right now, Yeah maybe. In 3-4 years from now?

If EDM is looking for McDavid winger, they are better suited moving RNH as there over abundant orange than Draisaitl.

The wager I would make is that the Oilers would win a Stanley Cup sooner with Pacioretty than with Draisaitl. We'd need parallel universes to prove it, but I don't see the Oilers improving without a significant adjustment to the chemistry. They need to get a bit older (by which I mean grown up) and a lot smarter.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:38 p.m.
The wager I would make is that the Oilers would win a Stanley Cup sooner with Pacioretty than with Draisaitl. We'd need parallel universes to prove it, but I don't see the Oilers improving without a significant adjustment to the chemistry. They need to get a bit older (by which I mean grown up) and a lot smarter.

Isn't what your implying something that could easily be addressed in free agency though. Similar to Marleau in T.O.? Your analysis has the Seguin trade written all over it. Yeah Eriksson was a veteran consistent Selke like 60+ point getter but Seguin was a future offensive catalyst.....

Im not opposed to EDM getting older and wiser but at the cost of Draisaitl is 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.....
Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:49 p.m.
Isn't what your implying something that could easily be addressed in free agency though. Similar to Marleau in T.O.? Your analysis has the Seguin trade written all over it. Yeah Eriksson was a veteran consistent Selke like 60+ point getter but Seguin was a future offensive catalyst.....

Im not opposed to EDM getting older and wiser but at the cost of Draisaitl is 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.....

It could certainly be addressed at the UFA level, but wasn't that what Lucic was supposed to do? No matter who you get, you'll still need to do a little addition-by-subtraction because you only have six spots to use. Cammalleri is done. If you can find a taker for Lucic, you're halfway home. Now who are you going to bring in? Neal? Perron? They might help with the sniping. Leadership? Not sure. And if you decide there's not really a good UFA fit but won't trade Draisaitl (which is understandable), then who? Puljujarvi? RNH? Maybe if the #6 draft pick (that would actually be a smart move) There's nothing much on the farm just yet, so those are really the Oilers' main good options for a trade.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:51 p.m.
True, but remember Chiarelli is the guys that signed Draisaitl for 8 more years last summer. He's not going to give him away now.

It was a shotgun wedding. Draisaitl gave Chiarelli no choice last summer and was expecting/hoping to get traded to a place he wouldn't have to spend his career in McDavid's shadow. The two things we know about Draisaitl is that he has a great work ethic and a healthy ego (that's a good thing).
Mar. 19, 2018 at 4:56 p.m.
It could certainly be addressed at the UFA level, but wasn't that what Lucic was supposed to do? No matter who you get, you'll still need to do a little addition-by-subtraction because you only have six spots to use. Cammalleri is done. If you can find a taker for Lucic, you're halfway home. Now who are you going to bring in? Neal? Perron? They might help with the sniping. Leadership? Not sure. And if you decide there's not really a good UFA fit but won't trade Draisaitl (which is understandable), then who? Puljujarvi? RNH? Maybe if the #6 draft pick (that would actually be a smart move) There's nothing much on the farm just yet, so those are really the Oilers' main good options for a trade.

RNH, Puljujarvi make a lot more sense. RNH has found himself the lesser of the other centres and Puljujarvi is the only other asset worth moving.

As for the leadership aspect, no Lucic was not supposed to be that guy. He was supposed to be the McDavid protector. Cammalleri was a small risk/reward trade with no leadership being taken into account. Marleau in Toronto is a true added leadership contract. You might argue that he is an expensive contract but I'd argue that having Draisaitl and Marleau for example is better than Pacioretty and cap space....

Plus i think Pacioretty's leadership isn't exactly the type to inspire many people right now. Its come into question more than one time and when this team needed a leader, it was others that really answered the bell. Is he a bad leader? No but he aint no messier either. I think teams are looking at his goal scoring more than his leadership qualities.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:04 p.m.
B
You're only embarrassing yourself. VALUE IS WAY OFF. Period. Max is the next Nick Rash. Should have taken same type of return. Like NYR with Zucc, tried to squeeze out more. Hopefully they recoup some value next year. Not so sure about Max's foot speed and lack of Cs. At least we restocked the cupboard! Btw, I bet you wouldn't be up shart creek with McGuire, Bowman, Tim Murray... Look around, it's all super team, specialty brass, management groups. Yikes, MTL could and should do better with such a rich tradition. You have a hard headed lone wolf GM. Proof is in the pudding, and the pudding is expired! Ps Before it's too late, Chucky and Drouin should never be Cs again. Shaw has had 3/4 concussions in last calendar year, stick a for in him. ...just bringing you back down to earth.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll