SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

What will the NHL be like in 10 years?

Mar. 19, 2018 at 6:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Alright, let's go ahead to 2028 ... what will be different about the NHL? What will be the same?

First of all, i think fighting will be gone ... sorry hockey fighting fans, but i don't think we're very far away from having it removed from the NHL.

What are some things about the NHL in 10 years that you could see?
Mar. 19, 2018 at 7:05 p.m.
WentWughes
Scoring will be really high (like the 80s), Fighting will accelerate again. 33-35 Teams in the NHL. Crosby will be a GM. Trackers in Pucks and posts to clearly determine offsides. Bold Prediction, No linesmen on the Ice as trackers control Offsides
Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:26 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Scoring will be really high (like the 80s), Fighting will accelerate again. 33-35 Teams in the NHL. Crosby will be a GM. Trackers in Pucks and posts to clearly determine offsides. Bold Prediction, No linesmen on the Ice as trackers control Offsides

The first two are like going back in time, lol ... however, we disagree about fighting. It's been stopping so far, so i think it'll go all the way to being done. Like, maybe a 10-20 game suspension for fighting.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:30 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
The first two are like going back in time, lol ... however, we disagree about fighting. It's been stopping so far, so i think it'll go all the way to being done. Like, maybe a 10-20 game suspension for fighting.

I think it will always be apart of the game. You throw a dirty hit and you just get away with it? Players arent magically going to start playing nice.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:35 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I think it will always be apart of the game. You throw a dirty hit and you just get away with it? Players arent magically going to start playing nice.

You might be right, it might not be completely removed (i think it will but it might not), however i don't think there will be MORE fighting, i think either way there will at least be less.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:59 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
You might be right, it might not be completely removed (i think it will but it might not), however i don't think there will be MORE fighting, i think either way there will at least be less.

More speed and shorter players = Bigger hits and more likely to injure. Thats why i predict it will go up
Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:24 p.m.
HawksFan28
3v3 with goalies the size of sumo wrestlers and the fans still complaining about lack of goal scoring.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:36 p.m.
Predictions by 2033:

1) Blue lines will have censors with lighting that can detect if a player has gone offside or not

2) Coaches challenges will cease to exist

3) Goalie interference will still not make any freaking sense

4) There will have been two lockouts in the 15 years between now and then

5) Fans will have run Eugene Melnyk out of the city

6) Vancouver will have had 15 consecutive 5th overall picks in the draft

7) Connor McDavid, Jack Hughes, and Rasmus Dahlin force opponents to just surrender and forfeit overtime periods to Edmonton

8) Quebec City will apply for a team...but be denied

9) Delay of game penalties will be reduced to one minute

10) Brendan Shanahan replaces Bill Daley; Matt Cooke joins George Parros in player safety; Gary Bettman continues in his old, fragile voice, with his head awkwardly shaking up, down, left, right, muttering the same words: “We have a trade to announce”
rangersandislesfan and wojme liked this.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 10:53 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Predictions by 2033:

1) Blue lines will have censors with lighting that can detect if a player has gone offside or not

7) Connor McDavid, Jack Hughes, and Rasmus Dahlin force opponents to just surrender and forfeit overtime periods to Edmonton

10) Brendan Shanahan replaces Bill Daley; Matt Cooke joins George Parros in player safety; Gary Bettman continues in his old, fragile voice, with his head awkwardly shaking up, down, left, right, muttering the same words: “We have a trade to announce”

lol
Mar. 19, 2018 at 11:04 p.m.

how would trackers call offside? they would have to track every part of every player... how will the tracker know if a players skate blade is off the ice or over the line? it can only track the puck, not every body part of every player. however, trackers could be used for determining if a puck completely crosses the goal line
Mar. 19, 2018 at 11:07 p.m.
More speed and shorter players = Bigger hits and more likely to injure. Thats why i predict it will go up

dont see how this would increase fighting... the nhl has been trending towards smaller and faster players for a while now and fighting continues to drop
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 11:29 p.m.
Florida will still have a team despite playing some nights in an empty stadium.
Mar. 19, 2018 at 11:48 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: moli92
how would trackers call offside? they would have to track every part of every player... how will the tracker know if a players skate blade is off the ice or over the line? it can only track the puck, not every body part of every player. however, trackers could be used for determining if a puck completely crosses the goal line

10 years is alot of time for technology. Look at 2008 compared to today. Technology has come a long way and will continue to accelerate
Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:25 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
1. Ottawa fans drive Melnyk out of town. No other owner wants to pay the bills for the money losing franchise. Ottawa moves to San Antonio. Ottawa fans beg Melnyk to buy Ottawa an expansion franchise.
2. Leafs make the playoff for ten straight years, but never make to to past the Conference Finals
3. Upon the completion of his contract, Marc Bergevin extends Weber to another contract but could only extend him eight years according to the CBA.
4. Arizona makes 5 arena changes between Glendale and Phoenix
5. Glen Sather still has job overseeing the Rangers
6. Sabres finish out of the playoffs for ten years, seven times in the bottom three in standings, but never win the lottery
7. Isles have trouble drawing a fan base at the new arena in Belmont. Return to Uniondale, despite the arena having no upgrades in thirty years. GM Garth Snow claims "We are so happy to be home."
8. VP of the Daley makes the sad announcement that Commish Gary Bettman has died. For the first time ever, fans cheer when for Mr. Bettman's name is mentioned.
nobody, wojme and KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:42 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Predictions by 2033:

Thanks captain obvious Sticking Out Tongue
Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:46 a.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
Thanks captain obvious Sticking Out Tongue

wLZW.gif
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Mar. 20, 2018 at 6:44 a.m.
Habs/Pens fan
I think
*More scoring
*No fighting/next to no fighting
*The leafs suck again...
*Smaller players (less than half are over 6ft)
*100 million salary cap
Mar. 20, 2018 at 10:29 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: palhal
1. Ottawa fans drive Melnyk out of town. No other owner wants to pay the bills for the money losing franchise. Ottawa moves to San Antonio. Ottawa fans beg Melnyk to buy Ottawa an expansion franchise.
2. Leafs make the playoff for ten straight years, but never make to to past the Conference Finals
3. Upon the completion of his contract, Marc Bergevin extends Weber to another contract but could only extend him eight years according to the CBA.
4. Arizona makes 5 arena changes between Glendale and Phoenix
5. Glen Sather still has job overseeing the Rangers
6. Sabres finish out of the playoffs for ten years, seven times in the bottom three in standings, but never win the lottery
7. Isles have trouble drawing a fan base at the new arena in Belmont. Return to Uniondale, despite the arena having no upgrades in thirty years. GM Garth Snow claims "We are so happy to be home."
8. VP of the Daley makes the sad announcement that Commish Gary Bettman has died. For the first time ever, fans cheer when for Mr. Bettman's name is mentioned.

Yeah, fans would cheer ... riiigght ...
Mar. 20, 2018 at 3:27 p.m.
Quoting: palhal

6. Sabres finish out of the playoffs for ten years, seven times in the bottom three in standings, but never win the lottery.

Sabres will win it once when it really doesn't matter because of a very weak draft.
nobody and rangersandislesfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll