SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Why have no coaches been fired yet this season?

Mar. 19, 2018 at 6:52 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I think the main reason is because a lot of the teams that aren't playing very good have new coaches. What do you think?
Mar. 19, 2018 at 7:06 p.m.
WentWughes
Partly because of that, but Mainly :

1. Teams are playing where they should be Playing
2. Very Few teams out of the playoff picture. (Teams are very close between 10-20).
3. No Good Coaches outside of NHL :P
Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:37 p.m.
HawksFan28
IMO, there have been a lot of coaching changes over the past few years so we're at a point where coaches have either not have had enough time to be fired OR teams fall into the following categories: not enough time, rebuilding, close to contending and contending.

1. Your team switched coaches recently so it would be premature to fire them now.

2. If you've already started your rebuild you're keeping your coach.

3. If you're close to contending that means your rebuild is over any you're just waiting for your time so you're keeping your coach.

4. If you're a contender it means your coach's system works so you're keeping him.

That's the way I see it when you look at every team..

Of course there are some exceptions like the Hawks, but IMO the Hawks are contenders that are in an off year. I have confidence they will be back competing for the Cup next spring so there is no need to make drastic moves until proven otherwise. Perhaps if the Hawks have a terrible season next year then maybe talk of changes would be warranted but until then talk of firing Q is absurdity..

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll