SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

tampa bay lightning appreciation thread

Mar. 20, 2018 at 3:17 p.m.
Edited Mar. 20, 2018 at 8:36 p.m.
wow. tampa bay is a god amongst men.

not only are they arguably the strongest team in the nhl right now with elite forwards, defense, and goaltending. but they also have one of the best groups of prospects and rookies in the league.

edit: oops i didnt mean to post this yet i was gonna add more to it
Mar. 20, 2018 at 6:49 p.m.
HawksFan28
Then they get swept in the first round..

I like the Lightning but the odds are still against them. Hockey's not basketball, it's all too common for regular season juggernauts to get bounced in the first round in embarrassing fashion. Heck look at the Hawks last year, or the 2006 Wings or the Washington teams of the past decade - the list is quite long.... Tampa Bay is far from lifting the Cup. The "real" season hasn't begun...

IMO, if were john Cooper I would be using my stars minimally now... Playing them just enough to keep them loose and on edge.... Those deep runs can really wear players down so they're going to need to be 100% going into the playoffs.

That would be my strategy if I were Cooper.......
Mar. 20, 2018 at 7:13 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: HawksFan28
Then they get swept in the first round..

I like the Lightning but the odds are still against them. Hockey's not basketball, it's all too common for regular season juggernauts to get bounced in the first round in embarrassing fashion. Heck look at the Hawks last year, or the 2006 Wings or the Washington teams of the past decade - the list is quite long.... Tampa Bay is far from lifting the Cup. The "real" season hasn't begun...

IMO, if were john Cooper I would be using my stars minimally now... Playing them just enough to keep them loose and on edge.... Those deep runs can really wear players down so they're going to need to be 100% going into the playoffs.

That would be my strategy if I were Cooper.......

Couldn’t have agreed more. The best teams in the playoffs are the ones that go into the playoffs playing playoff hockey “ teams fighting until game 82”
mhockey91 liked this.
Mar. 20, 2018 at 7:23 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
Couldn’t have agreed more. The best teams in the playoffs are the ones that go into the playoffs playing playoff hockey “ teams fighting until game 82”

Not only that but teams can take on a whole new persona going into the playoffs... I mean it really is a new season, It's a "fresh start"... I mean an 8th seed team can come in and dominate. Out of the 4 major NA sports I think confidence and momentum plays the biggest role in hockey.. Look at Nashville last spring - they finished 4th in the Central then they thumped the Hawks and that gave them momentum and confidence to get all the way to the finals..
Mar. 20, 2018 at 8:02 p.m.
Buchnevesey
What kind of thread is this
Mar. 20, 2018 at 8:33 p.m.
Quoting: Buchnevesey
What kind of thread is this

lol i was going to write about tampa bays prospect pool but i accidentally clicked post before i wrote it
Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:35 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
@HawksFan28 @Rodzikhockey93 I disagree ... i mean, you never know, it could happen, but i see them winning the cup. I think this is too good of a team not to win it all (not that they're a guarantee to win, just that they're so good that i think they're gonna win the cup).
HawksFan28 liked this.
Mar. 21, 2018 at 10:21 a.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
@HawksFan28 @Rodzikhockey93 I disagree ... i mean, you never know, it could happen, but i see them winning the cup. I think this is too good of a team not to win it all (not that they're a guarantee to win, just that they're so good that i think they're gonna win the cup).

This is what people said about Washington for the last two years.
Daryl liked this.
Mar. 21, 2018 at 12:28 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Oh, I could see Tampa Bay win - no doubt about it, however I wouldn't call them a shoe-in tho. But if they go into the playoffs believing the Cup is already theirs they're not going to make it out of the first round... I think that's what happened to the Hawks last spring. They went into the playoffs over confident and by the time they knew what hit them it was over..

You gotta win 16 games.
Mar. 21, 2018 at 12:37 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
This is what people said about Washington for the last two years.

Look at Pittsburgh last year though ... they were 2nd in the NHL and they won the cup ... i think TBL will finish 2nd behind Nashville. They could be out early, yes, however i don't think it will happen. For example, look at team Canada at world cups, olympics, etc. They often find a way to win, because they're just too good. I think Washington goes to round 3 this year, now that everyone's saying they have no chance, and then go up against Tampa and, well ... Washington could beat Tampa but i think when you have Stamkos, Kucherov, Point, Johnson, Hedman, McDonagh, Stralman, Vasilevskiy, etc then they'll be too hard to beat. I'm picking Tampa to win the cup this year. Are they a guarantee to win it? No. But they have to be a contender.
Mar. 21, 2018 at 3:22 p.m.
Tampa has had a bunch of defensive issues all year. They've managed to get to where they are with only playing a handful of game well defensively. The playoffs are a different beast and I'm not sure if Tampa know how to win the right way. I'm a Tampa fan, and I wanna see a cup win so bad, but I'm a little wary about running into a hotter team like Boston

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll