SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(EDM / PHI) - Rights of Marody for 2019 3rd round pick

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 21, 2018 at 2:37 p.m.
A trade between Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Flyers has been confirmed.
Trade Details
Edmonton Oilers Acquire:
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
Cooper Marody · $0$0$0 (AHL/JR)
Sum: $0$0$0
Change: $0
Philadelphia Flyers Acquire:
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
2019 3rd round pick (NJD - #65 - Alexander Campbell)
Sum: $0$0$0
Mar. 21, 2018 at 3:16 p.m.
Go Bruins Go
Sorry, but could someone remind me off the rules for trading? I thought you couldn’t trade past the deadline or you get penalized or something? Is that only for teams in a playoff position?
Mar. 21, 2018 at 3:54 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: FutureBruinsGM
Sorry, but could someone remind me off the rules for trading? I thought you couldn’t trade past the deadline or you get penalized or something? Is that only for teams in a playoff position?

I believe teams can make trades but the acquired players would not be allowed to play in the playoffs.
Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:34 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: Daryl
I believe teams can make trades but the acquired players would not be allowed to play in the playoffs.

Sucks for Edmonton that they won't be able to use this guy for their Cup run this year...
Daryl, rangersandislesfan, NateElder12 and 3 others liked this.
Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:41 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Sucks for Edmonton that they won't be able to use this guy for their Cup run this year...

Just this past summer just about every hockey fan had Edmonton penned to be entering a cup run. Think again, lol.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

Philly's in the playoffs though ... i thought this was a special pick where you can draft someone now and they can play in the playoffs ... well, i guess Philly can't do that.
Mar. 21, 2018 at 6:54 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Philly's in the playoffs though ... i thought this was a special pick where you can draft someone now and they can play in the playoffs ... well, i guess Philly can't do that.
wat
Mar. 23, 2018 at 6:14 p.m.
HawksFan28
Edited Mar. 23, 2018 at 6:21 p.m.
Quoting: FutureBruinsGM

You can make a trade at any time (except for the December roster freeze), if you make a trade after the TDL the players involved aren't eligible for the playoffs.

Trades like this happen a lot between non-playoff teams tho..... Last spring the Hawks trading Scott Darling to Carolina in May I believe.

So yea, you can bet there will be several more trades before the official off season.
BruinsWillWin2020 liked this.
Mar. 23, 2018 at 6:20 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

It's happened several times where playoff teams make a trade after the TDL to bring in someone to help get them into the playoffs....It usually happens with goalies tho. A goalie on a playoff team usually will be injured for 3 weeks or whatever so the team wanting to keep up with playoff contention will go out and trade for a replacement because they don't feel comfortable putting their playoff hopes in the hands of their backup etc....

But yea these trades are usually due to injury.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit