24$78,000,000$64,582,541$0$947,500$13,417,459
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 6
$6,375,000$6,375,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 3
$1,166,667$1,166,667
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$839,166$839,166
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$912,500$912,500
C
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 5
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,650,400$4,650,400
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 9
$6,500,000$6,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
RD
UFA - 3
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$653,333$653,333 (Performance Bonus$257,500$258K)
RD
UFA - 2
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 23, 2018 at 1:17 p.m.
BigBeardBurns
Why is Calgary trading Monahan? They would want a top 4 D in the package back (to play with Hamonic).
Mar. 23, 2018 at 1:23 p.m.
John
Quoting: BigBeardBurns
Why is Calgary trading Monahan? They would want a top 4 D in the package back (to play with Hamonic).

agreed
Mar. 23, 2018 at 1:31 p.m.
Banned

Exactly, That's why this trade makes absolutely no sense for Calgary?
Mar. 23, 2018 at 1:31 p.m.
Only reason why calgary would trade monahan is if they upgrade their #1 center and that’s not an easy thing to do and will most likely not happen. Also trading brodie and not receiving a top 4 D back will just create a huge hole in their D core. But hey, I do like schlemko.
Mar. 23, 2018 at 1:33 p.m.
HabsFan

I personally agree but many post have been made trading both Brodie & Monahan... If they are on the switch... here is my take! Is it fair?
Mar. 23, 2018 at 1:36 p.m.
HabsFan
Quoting: MonyMony
Only reason why calgary would trade monahan is if they upgrade their #1 center and that’s not an easy thing to do and will most likely not happen. Also trading brodie and not receiving a top 4 D back will just create a huge hole in their D core. But hey, I do like schlemko.

Maybe for the first MTL pick... Calgary should look at getting Boqvist instead of Bros-Tkatchuk.
Boqvist, Pacc Gally Schlemko for them?
Mar. 23, 2018 at 1:40 p.m.
I'm a Skatman
Quoting: DomCholette
I personally agree but many post have been made trading both Brodie & Monahan... If they are on the switch... here is my take! Is it fair?

not close. Montreal does not have the assets to acquire a #1 center.
Mar. 23, 2018 at 1:42 p.m.
If Calgary somehow manages to get Tavares, I could see them moving Monahan in a deal like this. Brodie could potentially go too, as Rasmus Andersson should be ready to step in. It's not ideal to move him directly to top 4, but if it gets you Brady Tkachuk too, it's worth the risk.
Mar. 23, 2018 at 1:58 p.m.
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama

everyone has the freedom of their opinion even if it is wrong and not backed up by any facts as the one quoted here is
Mar. 23, 2018 at 2:11 p.m.
BigBeardBurns
What does everyone think of mine?
Quoting: Drakin1978
everyone has the freedom of their opinion even if it is wrong and not backed up by any facts as the one quoted here is

Quoting: ekpaul87
If Calgary somehow manages to get Tavares, I could see them moving Monahan in a deal like this. Brodie could potentially go too, as Rasmus Andersson should be ready to step in. It's not ideal to move him directly to top 4, but if it gets you Brady Tkachuk too, it's worth the risk.

Quoting: DomCholette
Maybe for the first MTL pick... Calgary should look at getting Boqvist instead of Bros-Tkatchuk.
Boqvist, Pacc Gally Schlemko for them?

Quoting: MonyMony

Quoting: Larkinisking
Exactly, That's why this trade makes absolutely no sense for Calgary?

Quoting: JohnPance
agreed
Mar. 23, 2018 at 3:43 p.m.
I'm a Skatman

stupid post. this is not an opinion, this is a fact.

true #1 centers, such as Monahan, don't get traded often. why could that be? well, maybe because they are the single most important asset a team could possibly possess. a million times more valuable than having a top goaltender (looking at you, Montreal of the past few years, New Jersey, New York Rangers) and even more valuable than a #1 defenseman. rare. valuable and in demand. you don't have to be a genius to count two and two together and conclude that the price is going to be VERY high.

next problem: which team would think about selling their #1 centers, especially if the buying team can't replace said player, not even with a prospect? that eliminates every contender. and leaves the non-contender.. with #1 centers. truly a rare sight - if you have such a player, you don't SELL him for other pieces, you BUY other pieces to surround them with talent. unless a team REALLY wants to tear everything down (or is really ******* stupid) they don't give up on their most important player. especially not, if they don't have anyone to replace him or or if no one who could replace him is coming back.

great now I've wasted my time on your shitpost. hope you feel better now.
Mar. 23, 2018 at 6:02 p.m.
CGY
I think that's fair for Monahan and Brodie.
Mar. 26, 2018 at 3:26 p.m.
Edited Mar. 26, 2018 at 3:32 p.m.
stupid post. this is not an opinion, this is a fact.

true #1 centers, such as Monahan, don't get traded often. why could that be? well, maybe because they are the single most important asset a team could possibly possess. a million times more valuable than having a top goaltender (looking at you, Montreal of the past few years, New Jersey, New York Rangers) and even more valuable than a #1 defenseman. rare. valuable and in demand. you don't have to be a genius to count two and two together and conclude that the price is going to be VERY high.

next problem: which team would think about selling their #1 centers, especially if the buying team can't replace said player, not even with a prospect? that eliminates every contender. and leaves the non-contender.. with #1 centers. truly a rare sight - if you have such a player, you don't SELL him for other pieces, you BUY other pieces to surround them with talent. unless a team REALLY wants to tear everything down (or is really ******* stupid) they don't give up on their most important player. especially not, if they don't have anyone to replace him or or if no one who could replace him is coming back.

great now I've wasted my time on your shitpost. hope you feel better now.

Opinions are always welcome even if they are wrong and so much of this post is just that. Monahan is a sure number 1 and the price would be high agree with those points but with Bennet and Backlund, Stajan, Frolik (maybe) they do have options down the middle. So number 1 centers don't get traded unless they can be replaced you say, Gretzky, 2 x messier, 2 x Esposito, Gilmore, Spezza to name a few of the top of my head. I'm not saying that Monahan would be traded from a team that has the possibility of making a playoff run next year. Your comment about not having the assets is 100% wrong and your comment about a number 1 center being the most important part of the team is opinion based. Without a goalie in Calgary you went from a Stanley cup hopeful to missing the playoffs, without Matt Murray the penguins likely don't win the cup they way Fleury was playing and they have the best 1-2 punch down the middle in the Nhl, Avalance get Roy and win the cup, without Brodeur New jersey doesn't win the cup . As for assets Montreal has a great goalie and wingers, a top dman, two good d prospects, 2 -3 good winger prospects a lottery pick this year and multiple 2nd round picks. granted the Goalie contract is poor and dman contract poor and have to see how he is after surgery and Calgary has no picks in the first two rounds this year. Lastly it is add two and two together not count. I do feel good thanks for your opinion.

And your original post said a number 1 center. There are teams that would trade depending on needs and depth maybe not Calgary but maybe. You are not a GM as much as you think your opinions might matter they don't, you are just like the rest of us.
Mar. 26, 2018 at 3:56 p.m.
I'm a Skatman
Opinions are always welcome even if they are wrong and so much of this post is just that. Monahan is a sure number 1 and the price would be high agree with those points but with Bennet and Backlund, Stajan, Frolik (maybe) they do have options down the middle. So number 1 centers don't get traded unless they can be replaced you say, Gretzky, 2 x messier, 2 x Esposito, Gilmore, Spezza to name a few of the top of my head. I'm not saying that Monahan would be traded from a team that has the possibility of making a playoff run next year. Your comment about not having the assets is 100% wrong and your comment about a number 1 center being the most important part of the team is opinion based. Without a goalie in Calgary you went from a Stanley cup hopeful to missing the playoffs, without Matt Murray the penguins likely don't win the cup they way Fleury was playing and they have the best 1-2 punch down the middle in the Nhl, Avalance get Roy and win the cup, without Brodeur New jersey doesn't win the cup . As for assets Montreal has a great goalie and wingers, a top dman, two good d prospects, 2 -3 good winger prospects a lottery pick this year and multiple 2nd round picks. granted the Goalie contract is poor and dman contract poor and have to see how he is after surgery and Calgary has no picks in the first two rounds this year. Lastly it is add two and two together not count. I do feel good thanks for your opinion.

And your original post said a number 1 center. There are teams that would trade depending on needs and depth maybe not Calgary but maybe. You are not a GM as much as you think your opinions might matter they don't, you are just like the rest of us.

you can try being condesceding all you want, you're not impressing me with that garbage. especially if you follow it up with

"Bennet and Backlund, Stajan, Frolik (maybe) they do have options down the middle."

Bennett has been a depth piece forever, Backlund and Stajan are middle 6 centers and Frolik is a winger. there is NO one in Calgarys system who could replace him. Center depth is the most important thing to have as a team and Monahan/Backlund is just that.

Then you name examples from 25+ years ago and Spezza. He was 31 and never hit the numbers he did before. hardly fits the mold of a Monahan trade.

a center being the most important player on a team is not opinion based. this is a non-disputable fact. Brodeur wasn't the reason NJD won these cups. how many shots was he facing a night, 20? Roy might be the only exception to the rule. neither Crawford nor Quick nor Murray are top goaltenders in the league. look at all the goaltenders that carried their teams through the regular season for many years. where are their cups? nope. none. the defense in front, the cente rdepth is much more important.

Assets of Montreal: Price isn't a great asset. no one trades for him with his contract and injury history. he's great when he's healthy, but no one trades for him (and ESPECIALLY not their #1 C) for a liability like this. great wingers? last time I checked Scherbak regained ground from being a pure bust to being a potential good NHL player. Lehkonen is still a depth player. I'll take the lottery pick as starting point, but there is nothing else another team might desire so much to give up their #1 center.

"There are teams that would trade depending on needs and depth maybe not Calgary but maybe. "

name them. make a claim, support it. that is how it works.

"You are not a GM as much as you think your opinions might matter they don't, you are just like the rest of us."

stop making **** up. I can tell you you're wrong without saying anything you claimed I said. again, you can keep your condescending garbage and try making a non biased claim for once. the only valid points in your posts are Roys cups and your lottery pick.
Mar. 26, 2018 at 4:56 p.m.
you can try being condesceding all you want, you're not impressing me with that garbage. especially if you follow it up with

"Bennet and Backlund, Stajan, Frolik (maybe) they do have options down the middle."

Bennett has been a depth piece forever, Backlund and Stajan are middle 6 centers and Frolik is a winger. there is NO one in Calgarys system who could replace him. Center depth is the most important thing to have as a team and Monahan/Backlund is just that.

Then you name examples from 25+ years ago and Spezza. He was 31 and never hit the numbers he did before. hardly fits the mold of a Monahan trade.

a center being the most important player on a team is not opinion based. this is a non-disputable fact. Brodeur wasn't the reason NJD won these cups. how many shots was he facing a night, 20? Roy might be the only exception to the rule. neither Crawford nor Quick nor Murray are top goaltenders in the league. look at all the goaltenders that carried their teams through the regular season for many years. where are their cups? nope. none. the defense in front, the cente rdepth is much more important.

Assets of Montreal: Price isn't a great asset. no one trades for him with his contract and injury history. he's great when he's healthy, but no one trades for him (and ESPECIALLY not their #1 C) for a liability like this. great wingers? last time I checked Scherbak regained ground from being a pure bust to being a potential good NHL player. Lehkonen is still a depth player. I'll take the lottery pick as starting point, but there is nothing else another team might desire so much to give up their #1 center.

"There are teams that would trade depending on needs and depth maybe not Calgary but maybe. "

name them. make a claim, support it. that is how it works.

"You are not a GM as much as you think your opinions might matter they don't, you are just like the rest of us."

stop making **** up. I can tell you you're wrong without saying anything you claimed I said. again, you can keep your condescending garbage and try making a non biased claim for once. the only valid points in your posts are Roys cups and your lottery pick.

A little more recent centers to have been traded Stasny, Thorton Seguin, Johannsen, Stall, and to a lesser extent Duchene as Mckinnon was his replacement and he was toxic to the Avalance. Top goalies don't get traded, you can name multiple centers for each goalie.

It's an opinion you are stating and is disputable as that's what I'm doing and GMS have and will either build from the net out while others will build from the front back. Look at the conn smyth for the playoffs its pretty evenly divided on d, centers and goalies with some wingers winning it.

Sherback is a prospect still unfortunately,y so is lekhonen. Wingers would be Gal, patch, gallagher, drouin.

Without Fleury Vegas is not where they are and their gm has said that. So is their top center more important that him?

Teams with great #1 centers still go nowhere until they can put a goalie or really solid d behind him even with center depth. Do you need examples or can you see this as well?

The nice part of having wealth at center for teams is they might not trade their number 1 center but their number 2 that is a number one on another team.

(You are not a GM as much as you think your opinions might matter they don't, you are just like the rest of us) This is a statement not a claim you said anything.

I guess I will agree to disagree and not waste anymore time with with you. Thanks you for the debate and I do value your opinion even if it is still wrong. Have a nice day

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll