SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Way to Improve CapFriendly

Mar. 28, 2018 at 1:27 p.m.
Rosey
Hey,
I'm brand new here, and either have a suggestion of how to improve the site, or need some help in finding out how to do what I want?!?

One of the complaints about Canucks fans is how we overvalue our players/talent, and I have found it very entertaining reading other ArmChair GM teams proposed trades for Chris Tanev in particular. Is there a way that i can filter other ArmChair GM teams to see if they have a proposed Canucks trade in them because what i am doing right now is opening every team up and scanning it, but that is certainly less efficient than if there was a filter button. I understand there is a filter so i can see all the Canucks created teams, but what i am wanting is a way to see a Carolina Hurricanes team (for example) that has proposed a trade with Vancouver, and then under that a Philadelphia Flyers team.

Later!
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Mar. 28, 2018 at 2:02 p.m.
Quoting: Rosey
Hey,
I'm brand new here, and either have a suggestion of how to improve the site, or need some help in finding out how to do what I want?!?

One of the complaints about Canucks fans is how we overvalue our players/talent, and I have found it very entertaining reading other ArmChair GM teams proposed trades for Chris Tanev in particular. Is there a way that i can filter other ArmChair GM teams to see if they have a proposed Canucks trade in them because what i am doing right now is opening every team up and scanning it, but that is certainly less efficient than if there was a filter button. I understand there is a filter so i can see all the Canucks created teams, but what i am wanting is a way to see a Carolina Hurricanes team (for example) that has proposed a trade with Vancouver, and then under that a Philadelphia Flyers team.

Later!

As far as I know there isn't, but its something I've also recommend as well.
Mar. 28, 2018 at 5:52 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Rosey
Hey,

Later!

Hi Rosie. As you see, I'm a Leaf fan. The worse part of the Tanev trades in the past year is that 95% of the his trades has him coming to the Leafs. I thought if Tanev had any trade value (yes he does) there would some ingenuity by fellow CapFriendly followers that could make trades to the other 29 teams. Sadly no, it's Tanev to the Leafs only.
Mar. 28, 2018 at 6:24 p.m.
Rosey
@palhal, I have noticed the same thing... If its a leafs fan making the trade were getting a 7th rounder and Zaitsev, and if it's a Canucks fan making the deal were getting Liligren, a first and 2 seconds LOL! Neither of those are deals that will ever happen, but somewhere, someone had to have made a deal that i havent thought of? Amirite?

I just think that there is so much value in that filter button to spark conversation! One person nobody is talking about is Loui Eriksson. I get it... hes not worth 6mil a season, but is still a heck of a good hockey player! I see him having a ton of value for teams that dont spend to the cap, but are not 'rebuilding', like a Carolina, Florida, Edmonton, Las Vegas, Colorado etc. After July 1, the Canucks will have paid him 24mil of the 36 he is owed. Why would one of those teams not want a guy that can get them 10-20 goals a season for 3mil per year (with a cap hit of 6mil to get them above the floor)? What if the Canucks ate a bit more of that salary in terms of salary retained?

Just some thoughts that might spark some conversations!!!

@ON3M4N How do we get a hold of Mr. CapFriendly to ask why he/she hasn't done this?
Mar. 28, 2018 at 11:03 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Edited Mar. 28, 2018 at 11:44 p.m.
@Rosey I have moved this thread to the site discussion thread.

To answer your question/recommendation, Yes a team filter is coming to Arm-Chair GM. Arm-chair GM filters have probably been the most requested addition to the site. We are working on a full arm-chair GM code rewrite. It will take us some time to rewrite and test everything, but it is in the works.
Mar. 29, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Hi Jarvis

Considering the number of "GMs" on this site, the number of fans from different fan bases, the different knowledge of levels of some of the folks that post, the site works works quite well. As you can tell by my frequency on the site, I enjoy the banter (most of time). Thanks for any improvements you may make. But it's really up to the GM FANactics to learn and write intelligent posts that will determine the long term enjoyment and success of CapFriendly.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll