9. Evan Bouchard
10. Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Players that could jump into my top 10 before the draft

Joseph Veleno
Ty Smith
Joel Farabee
Apr. 1, 2018 at 7:03 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Depends on what a team needs in this draft honestly. But based off of what I think my top 10 go

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Zadina
Bouchard
Boqvist
Wahlstrom
Tkachuk
Hughes
Veleno
Dobson
Apr. 1, 2018 at 7:12 p.m.
Quoting: Zach
1. Rasmus Dahlin
2. Andrei Svechnikov
3. Adam Boqvist
4. Filip Zadina
5. Quinn Hughes
6. Brady Tkachuk
7. Oliver Wahlstrom
8. Noah Dobson
9. Evan Bouchard
10. Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Players that could jump into my top 10 before the draft

Joseph Veleno
Ty Smith
Joel Farabee

A little low on Bouchard IMO. I’d have him at 6th after Hughes, but I agree with the rest of your list.
Apr. 1, 2018 at 7:45 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: MrBooth
A little low on Bouchard IMO. I’d have him at 6th after Hughes, but I agree with the rest of your list.

I'd be weary of Bouchard, not the best skater.
Hockeylover360 liked this.
Apr. 1, 2018 at 7:55 p.m.
I'd be weary of Bouchard, not the best skater.

I think he has the ability to turn it around. I know that I’m talking about two different positions, but look at Horvat in VAN. When he was drafted, at 9th overall where you have Bouchard, people scrutinized the pick because of Horvat’s “skating” issues. Ironically 5 years later, skating is now his greater strength. Bouchard is one of those guys who I think can pull off the same feat. Just my opinion.
Apr. 1, 2018 at 9:33 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: MrBooth
I think he has the ability to turn it around. I know that I’m talking about two different positions, but look at Horvat in VAN. When he was drafted, at 9th overall where you have Bouchard, people scrutinized the pick because of Horvat’s “skating” issues. Ironically 5 years later, skating is now his greater strength. Bouchard is one of those guys who I think can pull off the same feat. Just my opinion.

Also have to be careful of high risers (those who have risen up the draft rankings greatly), could be because of draft excitement. Example being Jason Pominville. Pominville came back to Buffalo and posted 11 points in his first 9 games. Because he was excited to be back in Buffalo. Or when there's a trade and the player has a great last 20 games, but then sucks the next season.

That's the vibe I get with Bouchard, but he's still a top 10 pick in a very loaded draft IMO
Apr. 1, 2018 at 9:39 p.m.
Also have to be careful of high risers (those who have risen up the draft rankings greatly), could be because of draft excitement. Example being Jason Pominville. Pominville came back to Buffalo and posted 11 points in his first 9 games. Because he was excited to be back in Buffalo. Or when there's a trade and the player has a great last 20 games, but then sucks the next season.

That's the vibe I get with Bouchard, but he's still a top 10 pick in a very loaded draft IMO

Bouchard is 18, Pominville is 81, not really comparable Sticking Out Tongue
Apr. 1, 2018 at 9:40 p.m.
1.) Rasmus Dahlin
2.) Adam Boqvist
3.) Filip Zadina
4.) Andrei Svechnikov
5.) Brady Tkachuk
6.) Oliver Wahlstrom
7.) Evan Bouchard
8.) Quinn Hughes
9.) Noah Dobson
10.) Isaac Lundestrom
Zach liked this.
Apr. 1, 2018 at 9:51 p.m.
NBABound
Bouchard looks great now, (dont wanna be corny) but the NHL is a whole different ball game. His quality isnt A1. I see him being a good #4-6 dman. He seems to be like a smarter and a bit faster version of Dion Phanuef.
Apr. 1, 2018 at 10:48 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: phillyjabroni
1.) Rasmus Dahlin
2.) Adam Boqvist
3.) Filip Zadina
4.) Andrei Svechnikov
5.) Brady Tkachuk
6.) Oliver Wahlstrom
7.) Evan Bouchard
8.) Quinn Hughes
9.) Noah Dobson
10.) Isaac Lundestrom

Love that someone has the guts to put Boqvist at #2
Apr. 2, 2018 at 10:04 a.m.
Below Market Value
1. Rasmus Dahlin
2. Filip Zadina
3. Andrei Svechnikov
4. Brady Tkachuk
5. Adam Boqvist
6. Quinn Hughes
7. Noah Dobson
8. Oliver Wahlstrom
9. Evan Bouchard
10. Joel Farabee/Jesperi Kotkaniemi (couldn't make a decision)
Zach liked this.
Apr. 2, 2018 at 12:53 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
It depends on the draft order of the teams. I think after Dahlin, a lot of teams will go for teem need over the usual "best player available" mentality. You could argue #2-#10 are super close.

I think Bouchard or maybe even Dobson are gonna be the players that jumps a few spots this year, it doesn't happen often, but just considering they're the top RD in this draft and a lot of teams in the bottom of the standings are pretty desperate for one.

Just looking at team at the bottom of the standings, and stating the obvious that whoever drafts 1st takes Dahlin.

- Buffalo will probably take a LD or LW if they don't get 1st. This is an amazing draft for BUF imo. (Boqvist, Svechnikov/ Zadina/ Tkachuk (or S/Z/T))

- Ottawa will probably go for a LW or RD if they don't get 1st. I believe OTT go for one of the top wingers consider there are really weak on the left side after Hoffman. and with Karlsson possibly leaving and only having someone like Ceci as a RD who could maybe play top 4 minutes (and I see Ceci as a bottom pairing guy), their RD is super thin on the depth chart. (S/Z/T or Bouchard)

- Arizona will probably go for a RD or C/RW if they don't get 1st. you can always argue to just take the best player available, but if Arizona goes for what they need, they need right handed shooters (D and forwards), I don't know if they would pick Wahlstrom really early (top 4) considering he's the top RW, but on defense ARI don't have young RD to replace Hjalmarsson or Demers, all the solid guys they have are LD (Ekman-Larsson, Goligoski, Chychrun, P-O Joseph) so Bouchard/Dobson is their best fit.

- Montreal will probably go for a Center.....hmmmm well this is awkward, there isn't one in the top 10ish...maybe they trade down a few spots to get extra assets and try and go for Lundesrtom/Veleno, or perhaps they believe Wahlstrom is a Center... other than that, Habs still need a top paring LD. if they can't get Dahlin, guys like Boqvist or Hughes could be seriously considered.

- Vancouver is a team I'm not too sure about. I guess I can see them drafting any position, maybe they are the team most likely to just draft the best player available. I like to think they go for a foward, they'll need more guys to replace the Sedins (They are retiring!!!).

- Detroit will have Bouchard or Dobson as their main targets if they can't get Dahlin imo. With Green (UFA), then Kronwall (37yo) and Daley (34yo) as their RD. I'm almost 90% sure they pick one of those two, even at like 2nd overall.
Apr. 2, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Blazingbat11
It depends on the draft order of the teams. I think after Dahlin, a lot of teams will go for teem need over the usual "best player available" mentality. You could argue #2-#10 are super close.

I think Bouchard or maybe even Dobson are gonna be the players that jumps a few spots this year, it doesn't happen often, but just considering they're the top RD in this draft and a lot of teams in the bottom of the standings are pretty desperate for one.

Just looking at team at the bottom of the standings, and stating the obvious that whoever drafts 1st takes Dahlin.

- Buffalo will probably take a LD or LW if they don't get 1st. This is an amazing draft for BUF imo. (Boqvist, Svechnikov/ Zadina/ Tkachuk (or S/Z/T))

- Ottawa will probably go for a LW or RD if they don't get 1st. I believe OTT go for one of the top wingers consider there are really weak on the left side after Hoffman. and with Karlsson possibly leaving and only having someone like Ceci as a RD who could maybe play top 4 minutes (and I see Ceci as a bottom pairing guy), their RD is super thin on the depth chart. (S/Z/T or Bouchard)

- Arizona will probably go for a RD or C/RW if they don't get 1st. you can always argue to just take the best player available, but if Arizona goes for what they need, they need right handed shooters (D and forwards), I don't know if they would pick Wahlstrom really early (top 4) considering he's the top RW, but on defense ARI don't have young RD to replace Hjalmarsson or Demers, all the solid guys they have are LD (Ekman-Larsson, Goligoski, Chychrun, P-O Joseph) so Bouchard/Dobson is their best fit.

- Montreal will probably go for a Center.....hmmmm well this is awkward, there isn't one in the top 10ish...maybe they trade down a few spots to get extra assets and try and go for Lundesrtom/Veleno, or perhaps they believe Wahlstrom is a Center... other than that, Habs still need a top paring LD. if they can't get Dahlin, guys like Boqvist or Hughes could be seriously considered.

- Vancouver is a team I'm not too sure about. I guess I can see them drafting any position, maybe they are the team most likely to just draft the best player available. I like to think they go for a foward, they'll need more guys to replace the Sedins (They are retiring!!!).

- Detroit will have Bouchard or Dobson as their main targets if they can't get Dahlin imo. With Green (UFA), then Kronwall (37yo) and Daley (34yo) as their RD. I'm almost 90% sure they pick one of those two, even at like 2nd overall.

Well that won't be easy ...
Apr. 2, 2018 at 8:38 p.m.
HawksFan28
I would take Tkachuk over Zadina.

1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov
3. Boqvist
4. Tkachuk
5. Zadina
6. Wahlstrom
7. Bouchard
8. Hughes
9. Dobson
10. Ty Smith

Bouchard has really climbed this season... I really hope the Hawks take him if they don't win the lotto.

I would probably take Bouchard over Wahlstrom too.
Apr. 2, 2018 at 8:46 p.m.
HawksFan28
Love that someone has the guts to put Boqvist at #2

If you got the #2 pick and need a defenseman you wouldn't go wrong taking Boqvist at 2, but if you're in that position you may as well trade down and get a 2nd or 3rd round pick if you know a team wants Svechnikov, Zadina or Tkachuk. So if I was in that position I would ask the other GM's who they plan to take and if it's one of the big 3 forwards then I would gladly take a 2nd to move down.

So I wouldn't be shocked to see Boqvist go 4th or 5th if teams with the top picks want forwards..... I mean these prospects are pretty equal outside of Dahlin so I think team needs will play a role in this draft because there really is no clear cut "the best player available" in the first 7-8 picks.
Apr. 2, 2018 at 10:22 p.m.
How many of you guys actually WATCHED these guys play?
Apr. 3, 2018 at 2:16 a.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: Sahil2020

I have watched Zadina and Veleno live and they are both great talents.

As for the other prospects, I've seen a ton of video, read a ton of articles, and seen a ton of mock drafts.
Apr. 3, 2018 at 2:23 a.m.

a nice big donut
Apr. 3, 2018 at 9:58 a.m.
Below Market Value

I saw Quinn Hughes mowing his lawn one time, does that count?
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 3, 2018 at 12:22 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
1. Rasmus Dahlin
2. Andrei Svechnikov
3. Filip Zadina
4. Adam Boqvist
5. Oliver Wahlstrom
6. Brady Tkachuck
7. Quinton Hughes
8. Evan Bouchard
9. Noah Dobson
10. Ty Smith
Apr. 3, 2018 at 8:16 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
1. Rasmus Dahlin
2. Filip Zadina
3. Andrei Svechnikov
4. Brady Tkachuk
5. Adam Boqvist
6. Quinn Hughes
7. Evan Bouchard
8. Oliver Wahlstrom
9. Noah Dobson
10. Barrett Hayton

To me, #2-4 are interchangeable, as are 5-7. I think a team desperate for a C takes Hayton early on in the draft, which is why I put him at 10

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll