SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Washington Capitals

A Goalie Trade with Calgary

Apr. 4, 2018 at 12:16 a.m.
Hey Caps fans, I'm a Flames fan and it looks like we'll probably be looking for a goalie again this summer. It looks clear that one of Holtby and Grubauer will move. I was wondering what Washington would want for one of them (picks, prospects, roster players, etc.). From a CGY perspective I'd like to send back either Mike Smith or David Rittich and then include Sam Bennett as the starting package and am wondering what else you would want. CGY would also be able to absorb Brooks Orpik's contract if necessary to help a deal.
Apr. 7, 2018 at 9:04 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: Michael
Hey Caps fans, I'm a Flames fan and it looks like we'll probably be looking for a goalie again this summer. It looks clear that one of Holtby and Grubauer will move. I was wondering what Washington would want for one of them (picks, prospects, roster players, etc.). From a CGY perspective I'd like to send back either Mike Smith or David Rittich and then include Sam Bennett as the starting package and am wondering what else you would want. CGY would also be able to absorb Brooks Orpik's contract if necessary to help a deal.

Taking on a year of Orpik is probably worth about a 3rd. Grubauer started this year worth about a 2nd and a good prospect. he's moving up. For example: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/650704

Like I told that poster, I'd rather have Andersson and Gawdin, but I'm not saying no to Bennett if you really want to throw him in. I just think the Caps are up against the salary cap if they're keeping Carlson, so they are okay trading for picks and prospects.

They'll dump Orpik somewhere or other, or buy him out if no one wants him.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll