SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Bruins lineup for POs as I would do them..

Created by: SammyT_51
Team: 2017-18 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 4, 2018
Published: Apr. 4, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$75,000,000$73,370,001$0$1,250,000$1,629,999

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 8
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 6
$900,000$900,000 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$872,500$872,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LW, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 1
$808,750$808,750
C, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,200,000$1,200,000
G
UFA - 1
$858,750$858,750
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,650,000$1,650,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$789,167$789,167 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 4, 2018 at 3:37 p.m.
Why are you putting DeBrusk on his off-wing in favor of Donato when Donato is more comfortable on his off-wing? Also why is Rick Nash on the 4th line?
Apr. 4, 2018 at 3:43 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: ON3M4N
Why are you putting DeBrusk on his off-wing in favor of Donato when Donato is more comfortable on his off-wing? Also why is Rick Nash on the 4th line?

Then change it to DeBrusk-Krejci-Donato.. and Rick Nash on 4th.. my thinking was that he will get to play against opposide 4th lines and will be able to get more puck behind the net as players on 4th lines are not that good as on 2nd lines, He will play on 2PP too so his ice time would be around 13-14 minutes where he would be more effective. That is just how I thought about it.. also to spread firepower..
Apr. 4, 2018 at 3:49 p.m.
Quoting: SammyT_51
Then change it to DeBrusk-Krejci-Donato.. and Rick Nash on 4th.. my thinking was that he will get to play against opposide 4th lines and will be able to get more puck behind the net as players on 4th lines are not that good as on 2nd lines, He will play on 2PP too so his ice time would be around 13-14 minutes where he would be more effective. That is just how I thought about it.. also to spread firepower..

Honestly, that 2nd line was more consistent when Nash was on it. Love the upside of Donato, but when playoff hockey rolls around I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the 3rd line.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Rick
Heinen - Backes - Donato
Kuraly - Riley - Acciari

Schaller and Wingels can rotate on the 4th line depending on what the teams needs. IDK this is what I'd like to see come playoff time, but I could see flipping Donato & Rick to start games with Rick coming up late to help protect leads or if Donato is just having an off game.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 3:56 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Honestly, that 2nd line was more consistent when Nash was on it. Love the upside of Donato, but when playoff hockey rolls around I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the 3rd line.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Rick
Heinen - Backes - Donato
Kuraly - Riley - Acciari

Schaller and Wingels can rotate on the 4th line depending on what the teams needs. IDK this is what I'd like to see come playoff time, but I could see flipping Donato & Rick to start games with Rick coming up late to help protect leads or if Donato is just having an off game.

Yes. There would be nothing wrong with playing Nash on 4th. Remember how CBJ used Gagner. He played on 4th line and PP and played to his limits. Nash might be really the same. But realistically middle-6 position is for him.

I was also thinking about playing Donato as 3C, but that would risky for POs.. lineup would have been..

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Rick
Heinen-Donato-Backes
Kuraly/Wingels/Gionta-Riley-Acciari
Apr. 4, 2018 at 3:59 p.m.
Yes. There would be nothing wrong with playing Nash on 4th. Remember how CBJ used Gagner. He played on 4th line and PP and played to his limits. Nash might be really the same. But realistically middle-6 position is for him.

I was also thinking about playing Donato as 3C, but that would risky for POs.. lineup would have been..

DeBrusk-Krejci-Rick
Heinen-Donato-Backes

Ya I'm not sure if Donato will ever be a Center at the NHL level. Boston has a lot of prospects that are considered Centers, but in reality they are more likely to be wingers in the NHL. The only true "centers" I see Boston with (prospect wise) are JFK, Frederic & Studnicka...I'd maybe include Koppanen, but he seems like he maybe more of that 4th line defensive center mold.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:08 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Ya I'm not sure if Donato will ever be a Center at the NHL level. Boston has a lot of prospects that are considered Centers, but in reality they are more likely to be wingers in the NHL. The only true "centers" I see Boston with (prospect wise) are JFK, Frederic & Studnicka...I'd maybe include Koppanen, but he seems like he maybe more of that 4th line defensive center mold.

I'm pretty sure Donato would get a shot at C next season but I see that as just a tryout and not something that would be longterm solution. I see Trent Frederic as a center option in BOS. JFK would not fulfill his potential and someday maybe traded or play in Europe (khokhlachev as comparison). Sad to write it but it is how I see things forming out. If he does not establish himself next year then never. Frederic is longterm option. Has the body and skillset to be middle-6 C in NHL.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:50 p.m.
BreKel
I'm kind of glad you aren't the coach. If everyone is healthy?

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Nash
Heinen -- Nash -- Backes
Schaller -- Kuraly -- Acciari

Extras = Donato, Wingels, Gionta

I'm not seeing how Donato will be a better option than any of the 12 above come play-off time. He's not really a 4th line player (and that's a good line for Boston). He is weak on the puck, and still not much in his own end. You can't have him out there struggling in every zone besides the offensive zone. He certainly subs in if there is an injury to anyone in the top 9, but I'm really not throwing him to the wolves unless needed. Wingels is a good replacement for a lot of the bottom 6 and Gionta could be an all around replacement. He can play a veteran role anywhere basically.
ngikas liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:51 p.m.
BreKel
I'm pretty sure Donato would get a shot at C next season but I see that as just a tryout and not something that would be longterm solution. I see Trent Frederic as a center option in BOS. JFK would not fulfill his potential and someday maybe traded or play in Europe (khokhlachev as comparison). Sad to write it but it is how I see things forming out. If he does not establish himself next year then never. Frederic is longterm option. Has the body and skillset to be middle-6 C in NHL.

This whole paragraph makes me LOL...What is this based off of?
Apr. 5, 2018 at 7:23 a.m.

JFK arguably has been PRO best player this season lol. He progress right on track with what he was expected to and that's why he's expected to be the #3C next year lol. He'll also be in the final year of his ELC so I'm sure Boston would like to at least get 1 year of pro hockey before having to give him a raise.
ngikas liked this.
Apr. 5, 2018 at 2:15 p.m.
boothy424

DeBrusk-Krejci-Rick
Heinen-Donato-Backes

Gagner and Nash are not good comparisons. Gagner is a power forward more like Backes dishing out some punishment but has enough skill to beat out most bottom 6 players. Nash uses his size for possession and to position himself to score first. Not a big hitter. In regards to Donato. He went silent against Tampa when it was a physical and high paced game. He might need some time to adjust in playoffs. Second line with Krejci isn't the place to do that. I would try him on the 3rd line with Heinen and Riley Nash. Riley worked well with 2 goal scores in Marchand and Pasta. Heinen and Donato are less experienced but have the skill to score. If it doesn't work then put Backes in his place. But if Backes can jump down to the 4th line than that would be a punishing line that could do some damage in the playoffs

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta
Debrusk - Krejci - Nash
Heinen - Riley - Donato/Backes
Schaller - Backes - Acciari
Apr. 8, 2018 at 3:56 a.m.
Quoting: BreKel
I'm kind of glad you aren't the coach. If everyone is healthy?

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Nash
Heinen -- Nash -- Backes
Schaller -- Kuraly -- Acciari

Extras = Donato, Wingels, Gionta

I'm not seeing how Donato will be a better option than any of the 12 above come play-off time. He's not really a 4th line player (and that's a good line for Boston). He is weak on the puck, and still not much in his own end. You can't have him out there struggling in every zone besides the offensive zone. He certainly subs in if there is an injury to anyone in the top 9, but I'm really not throwing him to the wolves unless needed. Wingels is a good replacement for a lot of the bottom 6 and Gionta could be an all around replacement. He can play a veteran role anywhere basically.

Thank you for keeping Donato out. The kids looked amazing thus far, but there’s just little things that he does that concerns me come playoffs. Such as over skating pucks, unforced turnovers, mishandling pucks ect which are all part of the game and every player does it but it just seems to me it happens to him A LOT through out a game but those little stupid things are something that can cost you your season. We have a seguin situation 2.0 from 2011. He probably should've been playing but wasn’t idk just my opinion on this
Apr. 8, 2018 at 4:06 a.m.

If you were looking to set up mismatches for big dick rick it’d make more sense to put him on the third line. Usually 4th lines are shifted with top pairing d’s because those lines “are not that good” so you’re actually putting rick in a worse situation because the d will focus on only him as he’s the only “threat” on that line. A reason why he was having trouble producing with the rangers. But if healthy he should be with krejci. Krejci plays his best hockey with a player like Rick Nash. Based off your logic the lines should look like:

Marchy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-krejci-Heinen/Donato
Rick Nash-Backes-Donato/Heinen
Wingles-schaller-Acciari
Apr. 8, 2018 at 8:13 a.m.
BreKel
Quoting: ngikas
Thank you for keeping Donato out. The kids looked amazing thus far, but there’s just little things that he does that concerns me come playoffs. Such as over skating pucks, unforced turnovers, mishandling pucks ect which are all part of the game and every player does it but it just seems to me it happens to him A LOT through out a game but those little stupid things are something that can cost you your season. We have a seguin situation 2.0 from 2011. He probably should've been playing but wasn’t idk just my opinion on this

I just hate this whole, "shiny new toy thing" that fans drool over. I said something about it on twitter, how Donato is a great young talent but wouldn't be a better option over Heinen/DeBrusk and some fan got all bent out of shape about it. Then Donato scored the next game, and that follower made some sarcastic tweet about Donato and, subtly, called me an idiot. At the end of the day, if everyone is healthy, Donato is not a better option over any of the 9 wings. With the 4th line, they roll and I wouldn't mess that up to get him in the lineup. He's definitely a top option if there's an injury or should be in there if someone, like Rick Nash, can't go, but that's it. Cassidy must think the same way because the last few games he's had Heinen/Backes up with Krejci and DeBrusk. Donato started there, but found his way lower in the lineup. He's a definite threat on the PP, but you can't dress a guy in the playoffs for that.

However, next year, I see Donato being a potentialy big time player. An off-season getting stronger and going into next year, with this little 12 game taste will be good for him. This kid has a lot of skill and you can't teach his offensive ability. He's just not someone I'm throwing to the wolves, unless necessary.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll