SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2018 1st Round for my AGM

2018 1st Round for my AGM

Draft Class: 2018
Created By: BeterChiarelli
Published: Apr. 4, 2018 at 5:12 p.m.
Description
Realistically, I think the only way Edmonton is going to be able to pick Bouchard in the 2018 draft is if they win the #3 lottery. I've heard from Buffalo and Montreal fans that they'd happily take him in the #3-5 range. Ottawa is a bit of a wildcard, but thanks to their position in the standings, I'd guarantee they end up with one of Zadina or Svechnikov. Their management isn't in a position to reach on a pick. I think Detroit is going to manage to pass Edmonton in the standings (I think they have a better shot at 3pts against MON/NYI than EDM does at getting 2pts vs VGK/VAN). I recko the Red Wings are very locked in on Hughes anyways. He plays in their backyard and they're more than likely going to have a solid shot at his brother next draft. I don't think Arizona picks a defenseman with their pick this year. If they do, I think it might be Boqvist to help convince OEL to stay and mentor the new Swedish kid. Vancouver's a wildcard, and religiously make bad draft picks within the top-10. I could see them reaching on Wahlstrom or Tkachuck, but I can't always account on them being morons.

This is where the risk comes from then: I can't anticipate who the Canucks pick. If Buffalo and Montreal were to win the first two lotteries, the only thing that would stand between Edmonton and Bouchard at #6 or #7 would be the Canucks.

FWIW: My top-10 picks in the draft without assigning teams to the picks are:
1. Dahlin
2. Zadina
3. Svechnikov
4. Bouchard
5. Boqvist
6. Hughes
7. Wahlstrom
8. Tkachuk
9. Dobson
10. Veleno
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Buffalo SabresBuffalo Sabres
  2. Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens
  3. Logo of the Edmonton OilersEdmonton Oilers
Apr. 4, 2018 at 6:22 p.m.
As a Wings fan I would be very happy with Hughes at #7... ideally I would like Dahlin or Bouchard but Hughes is a nice pick as well if you can't get into the top 3.
Apr. 5, 2018 at 7:10 a.m.
I could promise you if the Oilers pick 3rd Overall, it won’t be Evan Bouchard, would trade down so easily if they’re not happy there.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll