Black Lives Matter
Boston Bruins
Toronto Maple Leafs
Apr. 9, 2018 at 3:18 p.m.
So far the consensus looks like a 6-7 games series
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 9, 2018 at 3:32 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Toronto has slightly better offence, but Boston's defense is much better than Toronto's. I think this series will come down to these major factors:

1. Andersen vs. Rask. Whichever one of these guys can out play the other can tip the scale in a very even match up.

2. Toronto's Defense. If Toronto can't stop allowing 30+ shots a night then there is absolutely no way we beat Boston.

3. Boston's Playing Style. The Leafs play a very quick and very offensive game I personally believe Toronto's style would have been better against Tampa, as the Bruins are tight defensively and have the style to shut down Toronto's goal scorers.

4. Kadri vs Bergeron. Babcock will put Kadri out on the ice whenever Boston's top line it out, the question is, can Kadri shut down Boston's big guns?

5. Holding the Lead. I swear if Toronto blows another 3 goal lead, I'm converting to being a Jets fan Sticking Out Tongue.
Apr. 9, 2018 at 3:40 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
I figured I'd vote for TOR in 4 and then just wait here for Paul...
DoctorBreakfast, rangersandislesfan, krakowitz and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 9, 2018 at 3:41 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: A_K
I figured I'd vote for TOR in 4 and then just wait here for Paul...

Better take cover AK. This site is 15% easily offended Boston fans.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 9, 2018 at 3:47 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: Daryl

"Rask sucks"

*ducks for cover*

Really though, I'm excited about this series. I agree with the voters that it should take 6-7 games to determine a winner, and we will probably be wishing for more. Both teams are highly skilled and are coming in hot. With respect to your 5 points above, I think another one will be the special teams battle... mainly Boston staying out of the box. The Leafs' power play has been ridiculously productive in the last quarter of the season and it will likely continue.
Daryl and rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 9, 2018 at 6:02 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: A_K
"Rask sucks"

*ducks for cover*

Really though, I'm excited about this series. I agree with the voters that it should take 6-7 games to determine a winner, and we will probably be wishing for more. Both teams are highly skilled and are coming in hot. With respect to your 5 points above, I think another one will be the special teams battle... mainly Boston staying out of the box. The Leafs' power play has been ridiculously productive in the last quarter of the season and it will likely continue.

Bergeron doesn't know what hockey is, Marchand is a terrible player, and ... yeah, i won't continue.
Apr. 9, 2018 at 6:13 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
To me, the x-factor is the Leafs D. If they can give Andersen some support, limit the Bruins' chances off the rush and zone time, the Leafs win easy. I expect the Leafs to win the series anyways, given that they almost play a playoff style speed game, if that makes sense. Don't really know how to describe it this way.
Apr. 9, 2018 at 6:59 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Believe or not, I try to realistic in my comments on this site. Maybe the Leafs are like the Wings of 1990s, a couple of unexpected failings in the playoffs before winning.

Being a Leaf fan, I really wanted the Leafs to play Tampa, a 50/50. round. But I think Boston is just too good this year. After their slow start early in the season they have been too good. Boston is my Eastern Conference Cup rep. Against the Leafs, I don't think the Bruins outshoot the Leafs that much, but the Bruins play smart and forecheck causing turnovers. Two passes later and a shot....it's a goal.
Bruins win via turnovers. And if the Leafs don't have at least a even amount of PP compared to the Bruins, the Leafs won't generate enough scoring chances and goals.
Apr. 9, 2018 at 7:51 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
This Habs fan will be cheering for the Leafs! But this is probably the worst matchup the leafs could face this entire playoff run. For everything I would think the Leafs have an advantage of, BOS have a good counter against, and I can't say the same vice-versa. I can see the Bruins defense being able to contain the Leafs offence, not the other way around thought unsure
Apr. 10, 2018 at 8:24 a.m.
If the Leafs get through this series, they'll ride into the cup final. This is the worst possible matchup for Toronto, but it is a winnable one with the Bruins banged up.
Apr. 10, 2018 at 9:28 a.m.
This should be a fantastic series for any hockey fan. You have a young core in TOR facing off against a veteran core that's won the cup before in BOS. Season series wise Toronto has the better record. What I found interesting though was that each team had a 3 goal win over the other. In the other two games (both TOR wins) they were 1 goal games, with one being decided in OT. I don't think either team has faced the other 100% healthy, so I'm interested to see how that changes things in the series.
Apr. 12, 2018 at 3:58 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
I'm a Pens fan, but I think that's gonna be the most exciting series of the 1st round. Two completely different hockey styles teams. But both are really good ones. I like Leafs style most, cause it's similar than Pens. They play a fast transition game and they have a young talented team. But, unfortunately for them, Bruins is a team who knows pretty well how to face Leafs style. Bruins D is one of the most solid of the league and it's pretty damn hard to break through their defensive zone and create great goal chances against them. If Leafs wanna have a chance to beat Bruins, the 2 keys are: 1) Don't waste many goal chances, cause Bruins won't let Leafs create many ones; 2) Improve their D, cause Bruins aren't one of the best teams creating scoring chances, but they don't need many ones to beat you.
Apr. 15, 2018 at 7:06 a.m.
Toronto has slightly better offence, but Boston's defense is much better than Toronto's. I think this series will come down to these major factors:

1. Andersen vs. Rask. Whichever one of these guys can out play the other can tip the scale in a very even match up.

2. Toronto's Defense. If Toronto can't stop allowing 30+ shots a night then there is absolutely no way we beat Boston.

3. Boston's Playing Style. The Leafs play a very quick and very offensive game I personally believe Toronto's style would have been better against Tampa, as the Bruins are tight defensively and have the style to shut down Toronto's goal scorers.

4. Kadri vs Bergeron. Babcock will put Kadri out on the ice whenever Boston's top line it out, the question is, can Kadri shut down Boston's big guns?

5. Holding the Lead. I swear if Toronto blows another 3 goal lead, I'm converting to being a Jets fan Sticking Out Tongue.

5. Why not convert to Bruins??
Apr. 15, 2018 at 7:07 a.m.

Not offended.....just backing up why the Bruins are that good and no one believed me......
Apr. 15, 2018 at 9:02 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Wow the Pal is pretty much bang on here.....Bruins are actually toying with the Leafs[/quote]

Thanks Paul for acknowledging my insight, although I was hoping I was wrong. Gee, I can't believe how bad the Leafs defence has been in it's own end. The key to any teams success is NOT to be in own defensive zone so much (true in any sport). And to folks that suggest trades, having Karlsson, or Carlson or McDonagh or Doughty would have changed the fortunes this year....very doubtful. Leafs just have to be collectively better in future games, if next this playoff but next year.
Has JVRs play this playoffs diminished his UFA contract value?
With my friends we have sports pools, which I have participated since 1975. Our playoff point consists of scoring points by individual players. 14 players, a draft, players can't be selected twice. Gee did I get razzed when I loaded up on Bruins, despite being a loyal (but realistic) Leaf fan.
In the poll on this thread.....I had Boston winning in five. . Funny, a win in game three by the Leafs, makes it a series again. Sure the Kings, Ducks, Wild, Avs, Devils are thinking the same thing.

Daryl, I sincerely hope you are correct in your assessment. But vicious and unforgiving Leafs crowd? Gee, I've been attending Leaf games since the 1960s and Leaf fans rarely are that way. Heck, the Raptors crowd are more "scary."
Apr. 15, 2018 at 10:02 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Quote:
Thanks Paul for acknowledging my insight, although I was hoping I was wrong. Gee, I can't believe how bad the Leafs defence has been in it's own end. The key to any teams success is NOT to be in own defensive zone so much (true in any sport). And to folks that suggest trades, having Karlsson, or Carlson or McDonagh or Doughty would have changed the fortunes this year....very doubtful. Leafs just have to be collectively better in future games, if next this playoff but next year.
Has JVRs play this playoffs diminished his UFA contract value?
With my friends we have sports pools, which I have participated since 1975. Our playoff point consists of scoring points by individual players. 14 players, a draft, players can't be selected twice. Gee did I get razzed when I loaded up on Bruins, despite being a loyal (but realistic) Leaf fan.
In the poll on this thread.....I had Boston winning in five. . Funny, a win in game three by the Leafs, makes it a series again. Sure the Kings, Ducks, Wild, Avs, Devils are thinking the same thing.

Daryl, I sincerely hope you are correct in your assessment. But vicious and unforgiving Leafs crowd? Gee, I've been attending Leaf games since the 1960s and Leaf fans rarely are that way. Heck, the Raptors crowd are more "scary."

Leafs fans are scary palhal. Deluded with bias and bubbling with pride they make for every other teams worst nightmare. Only Canucks fans can out match them.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit