SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2018 Playoffs discussion thread

Apr. 12, 2018 at 4:04 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
This thread is for any playoff discussion. It could be about the games already played this year, or games still to be played. Any playoff discussion.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 10:19 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Alright, Flyers Pens game 2 tonight! Go Flyers!
Apr. 13, 2018 at 10:21 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Alright, Flyers Pens game 2 tonight! Go Flyers!

Maybe the Flyers will improve to a 5:0 loss.
Apr. 13, 2018 at 10:24 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Daryl

lol
Apr. 14, 2018 at 3:11 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Who else here saw the Vegas LA game yesterday? What a game. Double overtime. Wow.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 11:25 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Daryl

Or a 5-1 win.
Daryl and nobody liked this.
Apr. 14, 2018 at 12:44 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Or a 5-1 win.

Shout out to Elliot for that. He really stole that one.
Apr. 15, 2018 at 7:03 a.m.
I would like to discuss how good the Bruins are!!!???
Apr. 15, 2018 at 8:19 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: PaulDunnill

Maybe if Toronto can stop taking these penalties it wouldn't be a 2:0 series. We outplayed you guys for much of that game last night but:

A. Penalties, Penalties, Penalties
B. Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrnak are so good
C. Matthews and Nylander have barely shown up yet.
Apr. 15, 2018 at 12:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: PaulDunnill

I don't think it's really the Bruins playing good OR the Leafs not playing good enough, as much as it's a mix of both. Also, yes, Pastrnak was crazy good in that game.
Apr. 15, 2018 at 2:39 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Pastrnak has been the driving force for Boston in the series, and the Leafs D has been bad. Neither Rielly or Hainsey have supported each other and it's costing them dearly at even strength
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 15, 2018 at 3:02 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: krakowitz
Pastrnak has been the driving force for Boston in the series, and the Leafs D has been bad. Neither Rielly or Hainsey have supported each other and it's costing them dearly at even strength

Pretty solid assessment. Toronto is letting Boston's forwards get way to close to the net. The Leafs D sometimes look like they're just giving Boston free lanes right to the net, if we're going to win we need to be much tighter and keep Boston's big three to the outside of our D-zone.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:00 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
What's wrong with the Kings? I thought Vegas would win the series but i thought it would be way closer. I think it's safe to say the Kings are no longer the Kings of the playoffs.
Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:00 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
NOOOOOO!! THE PENGUINS WON!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!

lol
Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:04 a.m.
Below Market Value
What's wrong with the Kings? I thought Vegas would win the series but i thought it would be way closer. I think it's safe to say the Kings are no longer the Kings of the playoffs.

The Kings haven't been kings of anything since 2014.
Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:25 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
The Kings haven't been kings of anything since 2014.

But this is only their second year in the playoffs since then. I thought they may have still been an okay but not great regular season team, but if they made the playoffs, they could be really good. But this year is like 2016 now. They're playing a good team but i saw the end of game 3 and they just let Vegas score a few goals in a must-win game for LA.
Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:33 a.m.

Closer how? They've lost three 1 goal games. Its not like they are getting blown out each game. LAK has the 3rd best GAA in the playoffs, it just so happens their opponent has the best GAA in the playoffs.
Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:20 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: ON3M4N
Closer how? They've lost three 1 goal games. Its not like they are getting blown out each game. LAK has the 3rd best GAA in the playoffs, it just so happens their opponent has the best GAA in the playoffs.

I meant the overall series. 3-0 in the series isn't close.
Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:32 p.m.
I meant the overall series. 3-0 in the series isn't close.

TOR, NJD, COL, ANH & WSH have all failed to win a game and are down 0-2...what makes those series close?
Apr. 16, 2018 at 2:57 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
TOR, NJD, COL, ANH & WSH have all failed to win a game and are down 0-2...what makes those series close?

Well, I guess those series would be closer if they were 1.5 wins to 0.5 wins.

I'm surprised how poorly the Leafs have played, but not surprised how well the Bruins have played. Bruins were my favourites to go Cup Final. They are just playing really well, and except for a little dip at the end of the season, have probably been the best NHL team since January. (If it makes any difference), Babcock is over coaching the game, line changes at all. Bruins players just know how to play.
Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:48 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
Well, I guess those series would be closer if they were 1.5 wins to 0.5 wins.

I'm surprised how poorly the Leafs have played, but not surprised how well the Bruins have played. Bruins were my favourites to go Cup Final. They are just playing really well, and except for a little dip at the end of the season, have probably been the best NHL team since January. (If it makes any difference), Babcock is over coaching the game, line changes at all. Bruins players just know how to play.

I'm actually really surprised at how poor Toronto has been. I'm really interested to see if some home cooking can get them going. The thing with Boston (and something that many didn't realize) is they are actually a deep team. Not deep in the sense that they have a 1st line guy playing 3rd line, but deep in that all 4 lines roll and contribute at all ends of the ice.

I wouldn't count Toronto out yet, they still have a lot of talent and right now just seem to lack confidence. If they can pull out a win tonight it could help start to tilt things back away from Boston.
Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:59 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

When did i say those series were close?
Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:03 p.m.
When did i say those series were close?

Fair point. I just don't see how losing three 1 goal games doesn't constitute being close. A few bounces the other way and its a 1-2, 2-1 or 3-0 series for the Kings.
rmay50 liked this.
Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:31 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Fair point. I just don't see how losing three 1 goal games doesn't constitute being close. A few bounces the other way and its a 1-2, 2-1 or 3-0 series for the Kings.

The games are close, it's just that as a series, it's not very close.
Apr. 17, 2018 at 11:32 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Playoffs this season is full of surprises to me.

The most impressive, in my opinion, is VGK (Again!!!). Who you guys bet they would leading the series 3x0 against an experience and tough team like Kings?? I'm sure almost anyone put a 4x0 or even a 4x1 win for the Knights over Kings. Probably most ones put Kings winning the series (I'm one of those guys), because of their experience and because they have guys like Doughty, Kopitar and Quick, a goalie who raises in playoffs. Ok, all the 3 games are pretty much equal, decided by just one goal. Fleury has been fantastic again in playoffs defending 96 of 99 shots, putting behind his bad numbers in playoffs till last season. He's the X-Factor for Vegas. But the fact is most of us was wrong about VGK (Again!!!) and they continue to make history.

Another surprise to me is Sharks leading their series agains Ducks 3x0 either. In my bracket I put Sharks over Ducks, but in a pretty much balanced series. 4x3 win to be more specific. And after an embarassing defeat in game 3 in San Jose, it's probable that Sharks sweep the series. And I'm sure that almost anyone put a 4x0 or even a 4x1 win to any of both in this series. The X-Factor in Sharks favour to me was Evander Kane acquisition. Sharks have been a much better team offensively since he comes to their team. They already were a very good team defensively and now they are very good offensively either. I consider them a contender, specially because Jones has been so damn good since late in regular season.

The last big surprise (the less one, in my opinion) is Jackets leading the series against Capitals after 2 games in Washington. It won't be a surprise if Jackets win this series, because they're one of the hottest teams since trade deadline. Jackets acquisitions made them a much better team bringing more depth to a team that had a lack of that. The X-Factor in playoffs to them, in my opinion, is their superstar goalie, Bobrovski. If he's capable to keep his hockey level high, Jackets can be considered as a contender. They aren't a stellar like Pens, Capitals and Lightining, but they don't have any great weakness. So, they're a tough team to beat and I think it's very unlikely that Capitals rally in this series against them, specially because Capitals have serious mental issues in playoffs. Every single season they have a talented team, but they don't have mental toughness enough to reach Stanley Cup or Conference Finals. Seriously, I'm so thankful to not be a Caps fan. They suffer more than ANY other fan in ANY other league. You can think about Browns fans in NFL, but they never have a competitive team, so their expectations are always pretty damn low. That's surely not Capitals case. Idk if Ovechkin will hang on again after another tough series lost in playoffs, if that be confirmed as it seems to. I wouldn't be surprise if he decides to come back to Russia this time. Looks like another tough winter is coming for the Washington fans...(yes, I'm a GoT fan).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll