SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2018 Playoffs discussion thread

May 25, 2018 at 10:22 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
Hey, Rangers fan. Have you seen some videos at Nashers61 vlogs? Did u like it?

Not yet. I looked at the outdoor hockey rink think a bit and that's about it so far. That was pretty cool.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
May 25, 2018 at 5:57 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
It wasn't a grammar thing. I just thought you meant Vegas was gonna sweep Washington and that would make them only lose 3 games the entire playoff. Actually, something interesting i noticed is if Vegas wins in 5 over Washington, they'd finish with the same record LA had in 2012. 16-4. I don't think we'll see that again though. I actually have the Caps winning in 6. I think Ovi's finally gonna get his cup. The Knights are now more expected to win, which could stop them. Idk why, but for some reason more people had LA beating them, same with Winnipeg and, this next one includes me, San Jose. I thought the Sharks were very underrated, and it turns out i was right i guess ... but the Knights were even more underrated. Now that people are finally expecting them to win, that could actually stop them. They could be kind of like last year with Nashville. Rinne last year was amazing, same with Fleury this year, but i think Washington might do what Pittsburgh did, where they finally solve the really good goalie.

Ok, then. No problem.

As for the Finals...well, I don't think Vegas is considered favorites against Washington. In fact, I think the odds are in favour of Caps, because they have a better team on the paper and they have Ovechkin. But on the other side, Vegas have Fleury on fire making not only his best season performance, but one of the best goalie postseason of all time. And we all know that nobody is more important to lead a team to the Cup than the goalie. So, if Flower keeps his level, Capitals will have no chance at all.

But we'll see...each game in playoffs hockey is a new story. No sport can change the momentum as fast as hockey. That's one of the things that makes the sport the most exciting and dinamic one.
May 25, 2018 at 6:01 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Not yet. I looked at the outdoor hockey rink think a bit and that's about it so far. That was pretty cool.

Wicked indeed. I have to admit that I've never seen before someone building a backyard hockey rink and I've watched the video exciting about the idea. He's a lucky b...!!! lol
May 25, 2018 at 10:13 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Ok, then. No problem.

As for the Finals...well, I don't think Vegas is considered favorites against Washington. In fact, I think the odds are in favour of Caps, because they have a better team on the paper and they have Ovechkin. But on the other side, Vegas have Fleury on fire making not only his best season performance, but one of the best goalie postseason of all time. And we all know that nobody is more important to lead a team to the Cup than the goalie. So, if Flower keeps his level, Capitals will have no chance at all.

But we'll see...each game in playoffs hockey is a new story. No sport can change the momentum as fast as hockey. That's one of the things that makes the sport the most exciting and dinamic one.

It's pretty 50/50 for who is being picked more. I'd say about 55 percent of people have been picking Vegas though. And not just who people think WILL win, but it seems like they maybe SHOULD win. And i don't make guarantees, but i'm pretty sure Fleury will keep playing as he has been. The question is, can Washington finally be the team to solve him? Pittsburgh did that with Rinne last year. Maybe the Caps can do that with Fleury.
May 25, 2018 at 10:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Wicked indeed. I have to admit that I've never seen before someone building a backyard hockey rink and I've watched the video exciting about the idea. He's a lucky b...!!! lol

I wonder what happens when the season changes to summer ... Huh?
May 26, 2018 at 10:24 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
It's pretty 50/50 for who is being picked more. I'd say about 55 percent of people have been picking Vegas though. And not just who people think WILL win, but it seems like they maybe SHOULD win. And i don't make guarantees, but i'm pretty sure Fleury will keep playing as he has been. The question is, can Washington finally be the team to solve him? Pittsburgh did that with Rinne last year. Maybe the Caps can do that with Fleury.

Rinne was not even close last season of Fleury's level. Rinne was huge playing at home, but just ok play on the road.

Fleury is pretty consistent no matter where he's been playing. He's .956 in 5 on 5 situations and he has 4 shutouts. His performance is one of the best goalie performances of all time in postseason for sure.

No team can beat a goalie playing at this level. Unless the team have guys like Great 99, Mario or Crosby. But it'd be pretty tough even for them. So, if I were Caps fan, I'd be praying for Fleury drops his level to my team have any chance.
May 26, 2018 at 10:33 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
I wonder what happens when the season changes to summer ... Huh?

Probably the rink will defrost and he'll have to dismount it. It's impossible to keep an outdoor rink in summer season. But if I had one, I'd be ok with that, no matter how hard it is to rebuild the rink again. It worths the hardworking. Lol
rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 27, 2018 at 2:21 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Rinne was not even close last season of Fleury's level. Rinne was huge playing at home, but just ok play on the road.

Fleury is pretty consistent no matter where he's been playing. He's .956 in 5 on 5 situations and he has 4 shutouts. His performance is one of the best goalie performances of all time in postseason for sure.

No team can beat a goalie playing at this level. Unless the team have guys like Great 99, Mario or Crosby. But it'd be pretty tough even for them. So, if I were Caps fan, I'd be praying for Fleury drops his level to my team have any chance.

First of all, i'm not saying Rinne last year was better than Fleury this year, but it's just an example. And also, it's not gonna be easy, but that doesn't mean they can't score on him. Hockey is a team sport, and in the Stanley cup final, no one player, not even the goalie, can completely win a team the series. Well, it depends how the other team plays. If the Caps don't play that great, and Fleury makes a bunch of big saves, then he might win it for them completely, but it's a team sport, and no matter how good the goalie is, the rest of the team has to play good too.
May 28, 2018 at 10:39 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
If i have to predict the final (which i don't, but i will anyway lol):

Game 1 - WSH 3 - 2 VGK
Game 2 - WSH 4 - 1 VGK
Game 3 - VGK 2 - 1 WSH
Game 4 - VGK 1 - 2 WSH (OT)
Game 5 - WSH 0 - 1 VGK
Game 6 VGK 1 - 2 WSH (OT)
May 28, 2018 at 1:54 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
First of all, i'm not saying Rinne last year was better than Fleury this year, but it's just an example. And also, it's not gonna be easy, but that doesn't mean they can't score on him. Hockey is a team sport, and in the Stanley cup final, no one player, not even the goalie, can completely win a team the series. Well, it depends how the other team plays. If the Caps don't play that great, and Fleury makes a bunch of big saves, then he might win it for them completely, but it's a team sport, and no matter how good the goalie is, the rest of the team has to play good too.

Yes, of course. I never disagree with that. Fleury have been playing like that also because their team is helping him. It's obviously a team effort. But goalie is the only one who can win games almost by himself and Fleury's numbers are historic. So, if he keeps playing like that, Caps chances will be pretty slightly. But, if Washington plays like last 2 games against Tampa, then Vegas will have to play their best games in postseason to beat them.

G1: WSH 2 X 3 VGK
G2: WSH 1 X 3 VGK
G3: VEG 1 X WSH 4
G4: VEG 3 X WSH 2
G5: WSH 2 X 1 VGK (OT)
G6: VEG 2 X 0 WSH
May 28, 2018 at 7:02 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Yes, of course. I never disagree with that. Fleury have been playing like that also because their team is helping him. It's obviously a team effort. But goalie is the only one who can win games almost by himself and Fleury's numbers are historic. So, if he keeps playing like that, Caps chances will be pretty slightly. But, if Washington plays like last 2 games against Tampa, then Vegas will have to play their best games in postseason to beat them.

Goalies can sometimes win their team a GAME, even in the playoffs. But not the series. Or at least almost never the series. If Fleury keeps playing like he has been, then this is the biggest challenge for the Caps, and it will NOT be easy AT ALL for them, but they would still have a chance. Out of 16 teams who made the playoffs, it's not easy for any one of them, but one of them has to win it.
May 28, 2018 at 7:04 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

So you have games 1, 2, 4, and 6 going to Vegas, and games 3 and 5 going to Washington. I have games 1, 2, 4, and 6 going to Washington, and games 3 and 5 going to Vegas. Interesting.

I feel like whoever wins tonight will win the cup. But, of course, i can't guarantee anything.
May 28, 2018 at 10:17 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
3-3 TIE AFTER THE 2ND ... GO CAPS!!!!! ... OH, AND ALSO, WHY AM I USING ALL CAPITAL LETTERS? BECAUSE I'M CHEERING FOR THE CAPITALS IN THE STANLEY CUP FINAL.
May 28, 2018 at 11:13 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
The Capitals are super bad again. They don't know how to win the cup. They're just super bad in the playoffs, and suddenly, this year they weren't but now they're down 1-0 in the playoffs which probably (not for sure, but probably) means they're just gonna lose again. I don't care that it was just one game, it was also game one. Game one has decided the cup winner the last 6 years so there's no reason to THINK it will this year.

lol
May 28, 2018 at 11:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
No, the Caps are actually pretty good. However, sorry Caps fans, but chances are, your team is about to lose again.
May 29, 2018 at 11:24 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
That was a great game, going to be a great series.
May 29, 2018 at 11:40 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Ovechkin deserves it more than anyone, if the Caps lose there is no justice in this world. shakes head
May 29, 2018 at 12:32 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
The only thing left for Ovechkin’s choking resume is losing to an expansion team
May 29, 2018 at 2:25 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Goalies can sometimes win their team a GAME, even in the playoffs. But not the series. Or at least almost never the series. If Fleury keeps playing like he has been, then this is the biggest challenge for the Caps, and it will NOT be easy AT ALL for them, but they would still have a chance. Out of 16 teams who made the playoffs, it's not easy for any one of them, but one of them has to win it.

Disagree. Fleury is showing us that you're wrong. Quick showed us either once. Both are two more recent examples, but there're some others. I'm not saying that goalies can win by himself. But no player can steal more games for their teams than the goalies. They can steal games, series and Cups. Can u imagine LA Kings winning their first Cup without Quick playing like that?? I can't. And have serious doubt about Vegas playing for the Cup without Flower. Probably they wouldn't either. That's my point.
May 29, 2018 at 2:51 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Edited May 29, 2018 at 2:59 p.m.
No, the Caps are actually pretty good. However, sorry Caps fans, but chances are, your team is about to lose again.

The Capitals are super bad again. They don't know how to win the cup. They're just super bad in the playoffs, and suddenly, this year they weren't but now they're down 1-0 in the playoffs which probably (not for sure, but probably) means they're just gonna lose again. I don't care that it was just one game, it was also game one. Game one has decided the cup winner the last 6 years so there's no reason to THINK it will this year. lol

Well, Rangers fan...I can't believe you give up so early in the series. lol

However, you're right about the chances against them. But I'll disagree with u about your Capitals statement. You're completely unfair saying that, cause Capitals don't lose the game. Vegas have won it. And yes. There're differences between those two things. Why? Because, Capitals played a good game. They created good scoring chances, shooting 2 pucks on the post and scoring 4 goals against a huge D and a goalie who's having the best playoffs performance of all time by any goalie. All these things playing on the road.

However, Vegas is showing everyone that they're in the Finals for great reasons. One of them and probably the greatest one is because they're a hot team with huge chemestry (!!!), but they're so damn cold in tough situations like no other team in this postseason. How many teams could rally twice in the same game in the SC Finals, one of them after the other team scored 2 goals in less than 1 minute??? I'm pretty sure that no other team could do that. Man, Vegas have never feels uncomfortable when Washington rally last night. It's unbelieveble how mental tough they are and how fast all those guys gathered over themselves to the same purpose. Those guys are enjoying every single moment over there, like all of them having been playing in their backyards with their buddies.

So, let's get all the credits for the game 1 victory for the Knights, cause I don't think that any other team in that situation would lost to Capitals yesterday.

PS: what an outstanding production by the Vegas before the game!!! Man, I was really impressed and exciting watching that show. Specially when the most powerful voice of the world announced the lineups. The legendary Buffer. An epic moment by an epic team.

PS.2: To me, last night we've seen the best game of this postseason BY FAR (!!!) Not just because of all the goals scored. The game was the most exciting to watch because of the back and forth and the energy of both teams almost the entire game. A huge game for those who loves the sport!
May 29, 2018 at 6:39 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Disagree. Fleury is showing us that you're wrong. Quick showed us either once. Both are two more recent examples, but there're some others. I'm not saying that goalies can win by himself. But no player can steal more games for their teams than the goalies. They can steal games, series and Cups. Can u imagine LA Kings winning their first Cup without Quick playing like that?? I can't. And have serious doubt about Vegas playing for the Cup without Flower. Probably they wouldn't either. That's my point.

Not saying that they could be this far without Fleury. Just saying that it's the best TEAM that wins. Fleury has been the MVP for Vegas this year in the playoffs, but he hasn't got them here by himself.
May 29, 2018 at 6:41 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Well, Rangers fan...I can't believe you give up so early in the series. lol

However, you're right about the chances against them. But I'll disagree with u about your Capitals statement. You're completely unfair saying that, cause Capitals don't lose the game. Vegas have won it. And yes. There're differences between those two things. Why? Because, Capitals played a good game. They created good scoring chances, shooting 2 pucks on the post and scoring 4 goals against a huge D and a goalie who's having the best playoffs performance of all time by any goalie. All these things playing on the road.

However, Vegas is showing everyone that they're in the Finals for great reasons. One of them and probably the greatest one is because they're a hot team with huge chemestry (!!!), but they're so damn cold in tough situations like no other team in this postseason. How many teams could rally twice in the same game in the SC Finals, one of them after the other team scored 2 goals in less than 1 minute??? I'm pretty sure that no other team could do that. Man, Vegas have never feels uncomfortable when Washington rally last night. It's unbelieveble how mental tough they are and how fast all those guys gathered over themselves to the same purpose. Those guys are enjoying every single moment over there, like all of them having been playing in their backyards with their buddies.

So, let's get all the credits for the game 1 victory for the Knights, cause I don't think that any other team in that situation would lost to Capitals yesterday.

PS: what an outstanding production by the Vegas before the game!!! Man, I was really impressed and exciting watching that show. Specially when the most powerful voice of the world announced the lineups. The legendary Buffer. An epic moment by an epic team.

PS.2: To me, last night we've seen the best game of this postseason BY FAR (!!!) Not just because of all the goals scored. The game was the most exciting to watch because of the back and forth and the energy of both teams almost the entire game. A huge game for those who loves the sport!

First, i wouldn't say Fleury has had THE best goalie performance of all time in the playoffs. One of them, but probably not THE best.

Anyway, i was just kidding when i said the Caps are terrible.
May 29, 2018 at 6:47 p.m.
It would have been overtime if Eller didn't miss an open cage...
May 29, 2018 at 6:55 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
On the Reaves goal that tied it, he crosschecked Carlson right before scoring. i HATE nhl officials sometimes.
May 30, 2018 at 1:20 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Not saying that they could be this far without Fleury. Just saying that it's the best TEAM that wins. Fleury has been the MVP for Vegas this year in the playoffs, but he hasn't got them here by himself.

Are u sure? So, you're saying that Vegas and Washington are better teams than teams like Tampa, Nashville, Pittsburgh and Boston? No, I'm sure they aren't. There's no sport that always the best team wins. And hockey it's one of the sports that we have more surprises. There're so many intangibles in sports. Vegas has no superstar in their team. Fleury is the only star of them. Washington has the weakest team on the paper of last years. And they still are playing the Finals.

So, definitely I disagree with your statement.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll