SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2018 Playoffs discussion thread

May 30, 2018 at 1:27 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
First, i wouldn't say Fleury has had THE best goalie performance of all time in the playoffs. One of them, but probably not THE best.

Anyway, i was just kidding when i said the Caps are terrible.

At least in numbers he's having the best season. I'm not sure after the last game.

If you're kidding, ok, then. Capitals would have much more chance against a young team like Jets. I'm sure they would prefer to face them. But the series not ended yet. The odds are against Washington. But they show us they really wanna win the Cup. The problem is Vegas want it at least as much as Washington want to. But Caps still have some chances.

The only guarantee is that we'll have the best series of the entire playoffs between them. Game 1 proved that I'm right. I'm looking forward to see the next one.
May 30, 2018 at 11:48 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
At least in numbers he's having the best season. I'm not sure after the last game.

If you're kidding, ok, then. Capitals would have much more chance against a young team like Jets. I'm sure they would prefer to face them. But the series not ended yet. The odds are against Washington. But they show us they really wanna win the Cup. The problem is Vegas want it at least as much as Washington want to. But Caps still have some chances.

The only guarantee is that we'll have the best series of the entire playoffs between them. Game 1 proved that I'm right. I'm looking forward to see the next one.

I think game 2 REALLY showed that you're right. Great game. This should be a really good series.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
May 30, 2018 at 11:51 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Are u sure? So, you're saying that Vegas and Washington are better teams than teams like Tampa, Nashville, Pittsburgh and Boston? No, I'm sure they aren't. There's no sport that always the best team wins. And hockey it's one of the sports that we have more surprises. There're so many intangibles in sports. Vegas has no superstar in their team. Fleury is the only star of them. Washington has the weakest team on the paper of last years. And they still are playing the Finals.

So, definitely I disagree with your statement.

When i say the best team wins, i don't mean the best regular season team, or the team EXPECTED to be the best team, or the best team on paper. I mean the best team. These teams are probably not as good as Tampa Bay, Nashville, Pittsburgh, and Boston ON PAPER. But that doesn't mean they aren't as good as those teams. Hockey is played on ice, not paper lol.

Look what the Caps have done to Fleury. Quite a few wide open nets, and Fleury just can't stop those. That's why i've been saying that the question is, can the Caps find a way to solve the best goalie this playoff? And so far, they have been able to, with an average of 3.5 goals per game on him.
May 30, 2018 at 11:52 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
1-1 in the series. Curious to see what happens from here. The Caps didn't do what SJS and NSH did the last 2 years, they went into game 2 knowing that it was a really important game, and they won it. Nashville and San Jose did that in game 3 instead of game 2. Huge win for the caps.
Jun. 1, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
I think game 2 REALLY showed that you're right. Great game. This should be a really good series.

I knew it since both teams win their series. That's because of the energy and intensity that both teams have been playing.

I won't be suprised at all if the series goes to game 7. Washigton and Vegas are showing that they are pretty even in almost everything.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jun. 1, 2018 at 6:04 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
When i say the best team wins, i don't mean the best regular season team, or the team EXPECTED to be the best team, or the best team on paper. I mean the best team. These teams are probably not as good as Tampa Bay, Nashville, Pittsburgh, and Boston ON PAPER. But that doesn't mean they aren't as good as those teams. Hockey is played on ice, not paper lol.

Look what the Caps have done to Fleury. Quite a few wide open nets, and Fleury just can't stop those. That's why i've been saying that the question is, can the Caps find a way to solve the best goalie this playoff? And so far, they have been able to, with an average of 3.5 goals per game on him.

I ain't just surprise how many goals Fleury have been taken. I'm surprise how many goals both teams have been scored. 8 for Vegas and 7 for Capitals. That's surely much more than I expected. The series has been even more excited than I thought it'd be. Lucky us!!
Jun. 1, 2018 at 6:34 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
If Kuznetsov can't play in game 3 that's a huge loss for the Caps.
Jun. 1, 2018 at 6:35 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I knew it since both teams win their series. That's because of the energy and intensity that both teams have been playing.

I won't be suprised at all if the series goes to game 7. Washigton and Vegas are showing that they are pretty even in almost everything.

It could go to 7. I don't think it will but i wouldn't be surprised at all if it does.
Jun. 1, 2018 at 7:07 p.m.
I'm a Skatman
I want to take this opportunity and say:

Fire whoever is doing the scheduling of the games. every game starts at 2 AM here which is a huge hassle, game 1 of the SCF scheduled with game 7 in the NBA, 3 day brakes instead of 2 weekend games.. the list goes on and on. the NHL is so horrible at marketing itself it's not even funny anymore.
Munsen88 liked this.
Jun. 2, 2018 at 12:15 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama
I want to take this opportunity and say:

Fire whoever is doing the scheduling of the games. every game starts at 2 AM here which is a huge hassle, game 1 of the SCF scheduled with game 7 in the NBA, 3 day brakes instead of 2 weekend games.. the list goes on and on. the NHL is so horrible at marketing itself it's not even funny anymore.

applaud
Jun. 2, 2018 at 1:29 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
If Kuznetsov can't play in game 3 that's a huge loss for the Caps.

He took line rushes this morning and was a full participant in practice yesterday. I don't wanna speak to soon, but all indications are that he's in.
Jun. 2, 2018 at 1:51 p.m.
Habs/Pens fan
Quoting: krakowitz
He took line rushes this morning and was a full participant in practice yesterday. I don't wanna speak to soon, but all indications are that he's in.

I think he's playing, I'm too sure though.
Jun. 2, 2018 at 4:46 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I saw he was a game-time decision.
Jun. 2, 2018 at 4:53 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

If Washington wins the cup, what will you tell me? Sticking Out Tongue
Jun. 2, 2018 at 5:33 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
If Washington wins the cup, what will you tell me? Sticking Out Tongue

Funny, I've actually run those thoughts through my head. If it happens, you'll see. It'll be quite the paragraph.
Jun. 2, 2018 at 11:19 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I'm cheering for the Caps but i still think that was a stupid call by the officials when the guy for the Caps tripped their own player.
Jun. 2, 2018 at 11:26 p.m.
I'm cheering for the Caps but i still think that was a stupid call by the officials when the guy for the Caps tripped their own player.

James Neal punched himself the other game to get a call...
Jun. 3, 2018 at 12:38 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
James Neal punched himself the other game to get a call...

When?
Jun. 3, 2018 at 12:42 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
When?

Game 2, they called Orpik for a high hit to the head. Have you watched this series?
Jun. 3, 2018 at 12:51 a.m.
When?

Jun. 3, 2018 at 1:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Game 2, they called Orpik for a high hit to the head. Have you watched this series?

I watched all of games 1 and 3. Game 2 i missed a bit, that's probably why.
Jun. 3, 2018 at 5:17 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Go Caps in game 4!!!
Jun. 4, 2018 at 1:44 p.m.
GoCanada
Go Caps in game 4!!!

I’m excited to see they might win tonight
Jun. 4, 2018 at 9:07 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
3-0 Capitals after the 1st. The Knights really just haven't been that good since game 1.

Wait, i have to ... no, how could i ... HOW COULD I NOT USE CAPITALS LETTERS? I'M GONNA USE CAPITAL LETTERS BECAUSE I'M CHEERING FOR THE CAPS. GO CAPS!!!!!

SORRY IF THIS IS HARD TO READ, BUT WOW, HOW DID NEAL NOT SCORE ON THAT CHANCE? I THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA SCORE FOR SURE. THOSE WERE UNBELIEVABLE SHOTS BY WILSON AND SMITH-PELLY. WOW.
Jun. 4, 2018 at 10:05 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Score doesnt reflect the game so far, Vegas has missed so many grade A chances

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll